Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been a while.. The time may have come to get rid of the cb7.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a while.. The time may have come to get rid of the cb7.

I've been lurking here and there for the good part of a year now (maybe more). The cb7 is still running pretty well, but I think the time has come to finally move on. I've had this thing for roughly 8~9 years now. I am now at a crossroads between putting more money into keeping the cb7 running, or dropping some of my savings on a newer/used vehicle. Although, I think the money I would have to drop into the Accord would creep up close to the amount I want to spend on a newer vehicle.

The cb needs (but not limited to):
    -rear quarters replaced (overall bodywork/paint as well)
    -transmission beginning to feel old/tired
    -rear end clunking (may need 4 struts as well)
    -front end rattle
    -exhaust/flexpipe leak
    -rear motor mount
    -4 tires

I have been considering a few options as far as used/newer vehicles:
    -2nd gen. Lexus GS300
    -Subaru 2.5RS or 2nd Gen. WRX
    -3rd gen. Acura TL (doesn't fit budget too well though)
    -6th+ gen. Accord

I could probably drops $3-4,000 on something right now. Maybe $5,000 if a gem popped up.

Any pros/cons/suggestions? Other vehicle options? Open to discussing anything related. Oh, and hello to anyone that still recognizes me.

a lot of owners goto subarus.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

98-01 2.5rs
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I myself haven't been On here in a while either! Well I was in the same spot a few years back. Got out of the CB game, due to losing interest in Hondas altogether. But after being away for some time, I realized I was probably just in denial haha. And now Am back. So... You'll be back .

life is good.

Comment

just got a gen 2 acura cl. the tl is a nice car.
          COUPE K24

Comment

Subaru is definitely high on the list. Being in the Northeast with snow and plus I take a few trips a year up into the mountains to snowboard.

That's actually one thing keeping me away from a GS. I hear they suck ass in minimal snow.

Comment

If you don't want to deal with quarter panel rust...avoid the GC 2.5RS.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                If you don't want to deal with quarter panel rust...avoid the GC 2.5RS.
                This makes me sad.

Comment

2nd gen WRX or STI. parts are pricey, and super rare in the JYs

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Your next car will need maintenance too

I dont know what your budget is but I like my Z. I also don't hate my wife's Rabbit. A GTI or R32 would be pretty cool for a 4 person daily driver. Bimmers are cool too.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                      2nd gen WRX or STI. parts are pricey, and super rare in the JYs
                      This one confused me....they're currently on the 2G WRX/STi (in the US at least). The GD chassis was the first in the US. I haven't found parts to be particularly pricey from my research, but everything is relative. You won't find one in good condition w/o rust in the Northeast with your budget. If you find one, you'll be looking at a 02-03 most likely with the 2.0L, which seems to be more prone to oiling issues than the later 2.5L motors. The big thing with the 2.5L motors is to replace the oil pickup,

Comment

whatever you do dont get a volkswagen or audi. take it from a vw/audi owner.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Killerbee oil pickup is a must or the baffle.
                          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                            This one confused me....they're currently on the 2G WRX/STi (in the US at least). The GD chassis was the first in the US. I haven't found parts to be particularly pricey from my research, but everything is relative. You won't find one in good condition w/o rust in the Northeast with your budget. If you find one, you'll be looking at a 02-03 most likely with the 2.0L, which seems to be more prone to oiling issues than the later 2.5L motors. The big thing with the 2.5L motors is to replace the oil pickup,
                            globally its...
                            first gen impreza's=1992–2000
                            second gen impreza's=2000–2007
                            third gen impreza's=2007–2011
                            fourth gen impreza's=2011–present

and as for parts, a 2.0T engine for example goes for about $2,500, $3,500 for the 2.5T engine, and almost $10k for the "type-R" of subi engines. compared to honda's 2.0-2.4 engines which are around $1,000.

the transmissions about $800 for the weak 5spd one, about $1,500 for the 6spd one. compared to about $300 for a used honda 5spd one, and $700 for a 6spd one.

oem STI rims go for about $600. compared about $300 for oem honda ones.

huge difference in part prices, probably due to the fact that Subaru's arent that common except for the soccer mom foresters. I found this out the hard way, after buying a WRX.

I also have yet to find a 2nd gen in the junkyards here. even with how massive the junkyards here are. the three biggest junkyards in S.FL have zero of them. only seen a few 1st gens every once in a blue moon. so not an easy car to up keep, or mod if youre on a budget
                            Last edited by Night Wolf; 09-03-2013, 06:59 PM.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                              globally its...
                              first gen impreza's=1992–2000
                              second gen impreza's=2000–2007
                              third gen impreza's=2007–2011
                              fourth gen impreza's=2011–present

and as for parts, a 2.0T engine for example goes for about $2,500, $3,500 for the 2.5T engine, and almost $10k for the "type-R" of subi engines. compared to honda's 2.0-2.4 engines which are around $1,000.

the transmissions about $800 for the weak 5spd one, about $1,500 for the 6spd one. compared to about $300 for a used honda 5spd one, and $700 for a 6spd one.

oem STI rims go for about $600. compared about $300 for oem honda ones.

huge difference in part prices, probably due to the fact that Subaru's arent that common except for the soccer mom foresters. I found this out the hard way, after buying a WRX.

I also have yet to find a 2nd gen in the junkyards here. even with how massive the junkyards here are. the three biggest junkyards in S.FL have zero of them. only seen a few 1st gens every once in a blue moon. so not an easy car to up keep, or mod if youre on a budget

I still am undecided on the plan. Keep it or move on. If I keep it, I need 4 new struts asap and probably a new set of springs. And new tires before the snow hits. Then finally hit the rear-quarter rust issue before my rear bumper falls off. Bah.

Comment

Working...
                              X