Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

signal light problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

signal light problem

I have another cb sedan that I just got up and running so I was wanting to get it inspected but the only problem is that the signal lights don't work but the hazard lights do... I've searched and all the thread I found said either to change the fuse, flasher relay, or the switch on the column which i did from known working parts off my coupe with no luck. Anymore suggestion???? Need to get this fixed ASAP!!

^^^^CLICK IT^^^^^

Do any of them work? Left side, right side front, back? Did you put a test on the turn signal switch? Do you here clicking when you turn them on?
    Last edited by Cblove; 12-05-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

No. I have no power at all from any of the lights when I try to use the signals but when I put the hazards on all but one work....

^^^^CLICK IT^^^^^

Comment

It's probably your flasher relay. Do you know where that is located under the dash?

Well I'm confused about what you said, did you put a different relay in it and test it? Have you checked the grounds under the dash?

Comment

Originally posted by I<3mycb7 View Post
          No. I have no power at all from any of the lights when I try to use the signals but when I put the hazards on all but one work....
          is it the driver side signal because i have the same issue and havent fixed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cblove View Post
            It's probably your flasher relay. Do you know where that is located under the dash?

Well I'm confused about what you said, did you put a different relay in it and test it? Have you checked the grounds under the dash?
            I've changed the flasher relay, fuse, and the turn signal switch with all known working parts from my other cb and they still don't work. Where exactly are the grounds under the dash because I haven't tried that yet?

^^^^CLICK IT^^^^^

Comment

There are grounds in the harnesses, all the turn signals use a common ground. I don't know where it begins exactly.

I had to run new wires from my steering column, to the rear of the vehicle, because I couldn’t locate the problem ether. But my relays all worked.

You will probably have to take all the wires out under the driver side dash area, better bust out that test light!

Comment

so wit the breakbooster messsed up ould it still be able to run and brake somewhat good or dont take it out till fixed....n i wanted to whats like the amount of $ to pay someone to pass a smog with aftermarket parts!!

Comment

thats why i leave my lights alone! everybody f's around w/ the lights... why dont make your car fast. sorry man just needed to vent. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nokomp View Post
                    thats why i leave my lights alone! everybody f's around w/ the lights... why dont make your car fast. sorry man just needed to vent. lol
                    Because you have to have working lights to drive the so called fast car.

Comment

Try changing the hazard switch with the good one. I know it sounds crazy, but just try. The signals go through that switch.

If that doesn't work, its most likely a wiring issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X