Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

240SX Or AE86 Corolla Help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Actually, it's more like 2200lbs, and 54/46 weight distribution.
    but still lighter than the 240sx,but still both cars gots lots of potential,but 240's are now over rated due to drifting and how prices skyrocketted after each 240sx owner believes that their respective 240 is drifter material,even if its just a damn shell...

Comment

Personally I think the AE86 would be a better car and more original. But it would be harder to find parts for plus a decent body for a good price is hard to find. 240SX's can be found everywhere, it's really easy to get parts for and you can swap in almost anything. But it's soo common, whatever you like though.
      Current:
      2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
      1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
      1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

AE86 restore it. you will get more money in long run than 240sx

you can do RB26 swap in AE86 :P there best of both world!

Comment

An RB in an AE86 would be insanely nose-heavy!

It is true that the AE86 is more of a collectors item though. These days, you don't usually see anyone in an AE86 that doesn't know what they have. It's not just "oh, I just have this car because it was cheap transportation." A 240sx is very often just someone's beater.

Either car is going to be someone else's project, most likely. That's always a gamble. I would NEVER want someone else's project, unless it was a meticulous restoration. Again, you're more likely to find that done to an AE86 than a 240sx.

Comment

ae86 with a 2jz, I saw a 2jzgte motor with a 6 speed tranny for like $3,000
            240sx with a rb26det or a sr20det ( recomended ) but mot swaps for 240sx are illegal

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

corolla for the win. i like 240s. but slap you a ls1 in there and your good to go. college classmate of mine put a 302 in a corolla coupe. awesomely fast!

Comment

my cousin has a 86 corolla hatchback red, has a engine of a 1ZZ-FE, swap and put a turbo kit...that thing can go...i go for ae86 cause everyone wants one and the resale value is going to rise once sold......everyone wants to be a initial D person lmao
                VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

I dont believe anyone mentioned the sc300/400's. I believe that would be a great option for drift and daily. Not to mention if you get the 300 all you need to do is buy a 2jzgte and it fits right in. Ive always loved a nice hellaflush SC, just my 2 cents. Out of the 240 and ae86 I would go for the corolla hands down, but then again Im a toyota guy at heart.
                  Last edited by Nizmo; 05-29-2011, 03:41 PM.
                  350z- Injen CAI & CB, Stillen testpipes & headers, kinetix SSV plenum, TEIN SS coilovers
                  90 LX- a6 conversion, 2.5in exhaust

Comment

ive got an ae86 coupe project in my garage right now... and parts suck to find, the car is in pretty bad shape but i figured id spill a lot of time into it used to be an ice racer up in duluth mn its won like 10 championships and now its rutting in my garage lol its totally gutted. the big problem with those ive found out is 1. they dont make parts for them anymore such as rear axles and such and 2. everything is crazy expensive... so its gunna take me a few years and lotsa change. i got to drove it once and i loved it even tho it was in terrible shape. so...yeah i would choose the ae86. lol

Comment

volvo 240 b20 swap
                      datsun 510 sr20
                      fox bodies?
                      Fc rx7
                      80's celica
                      corolla sedan

and if you have more money:
                      s2k
                      altezza
                      fd rx7
                      Gtze AE86

Comment

There is a AE86 with the Lexus 1uz engine= Sicknezzzzz

Comment

bigger market for 240's...for both parts and the car

other than that both cars are very capable and cult favs
                          ____

Comment

AE86/85= solid rear axle
                            s13/14= independent rear

Don't forget my personal favorite, the S12. 1984-1988 nissan 200sx. Some come with the vg30e. A few coupes had solid rear in 84, like mine, the rest had independent, like the S30. A v6 s12 can be had for as little as 500.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                              wouldn't say the 240sx suspension is crap, better than the ae86 and a few others from its era

i was going to suggest a miata as well. that an the mr2. These 2 cars aren't drifters though but good handlers
                              A miata is a good choice also. But I'm not sure that the 240's suspension is better than the ae86. That model of corolla is widely regarded as one of the best handling fr cars that was made. The parts are a bit harder (and pricier) to find but I would rather have a well built ae86 over an s13. Unless the s13 had an rb25. Of course you could do a little of both and swap an sr20 into an ae86. But then you're gonna piss off the purists : )

Comment

Originally posted by Cblove View Post
                                AE86/85= solid rear axle
                                s13/14= independent rear

Don't forget my personal favorite, the S12. 1984-1988 nissan 200sx. Some come with the vg30e. A few coupes had solid rear in 84, like mine, the rest had independent, like the S30. A v6 s12 can be had for as little as 500.

I actually looked for an s12 in my area for months! Those things are dang near impossible to find around here. Wish I could run across one...

Comment

Working...
                                X