Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Front Passenger Wheel Makes A Popping Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Passenger Wheel Makes A Popping Sound

Hey my name's Josh and I just joined to get some advice before I tear into my car with limited space and tools.

Everytime I turn right while driving my fron passenger side wheel 'area' will make a popping sound once or twice; and it will occasionally do it while hitting a bump in the road. It seems to be louder if I hit the brakes while in the turn.

I'm about to go start tearing the car apart but I have few tools and won't be able to leave easily with the car apart to go to the store.

Is this a problem others have had and I can get some direction?? Thanks for all the help and the info I have found so far searching!

Look for torn boots on your axles or ball joints.

Comment

CV shaft maybe?
      My MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200048

(Turbo lag - turbo power) + HYPE = VTEC

Bought From: Davids92Accord

Sold To:

Comment

If it pops a lot when you turn then its most likely a CV axle But if it only does it 1 or 2 times and when you hit bumps them it sounds like a ball joint. My CB did the same and it turned out it was my upper ball joints and sway bar end links. For a quick check grab the top of the wheel and push/pull it and see if it has any play, if it does then you upper ball joint needs replaced.

Comment

Well here's the issue:

Before I make my walk to the auto parts store what all should I grab? This is my first time working on this part of the car so thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by JBird View Post
            Well here's the issue:

Before I make my walk to the auto parts store what all should I grab? This is my first time working on this part of the car so thanks a lot.
            Looks like a sway bar end link. What part store are you going to???

Sold To:

Comment

You can still drive it with out the end link (I did for 6 months). It not to hard to fix with basic hand tools, youll just need the sway bar end link (Sway Bar Repair Kit). Ive been gettin my parts from Rockauto.com it just takes a few day to be shipped and the prices are great.

Comment

I'll probably just head to AutoZone then because its far closer than anything else. So I just need the end link bushings and the new bolt correct? Nothing else?

Comment

Originally posted by JBird View Post
                  I'll probably just head to AutoZone then because its far closer than anything else. So I just need the end link bushings and the new bolt correct? Nothing else?
                  The bolt is probably ok. Off the top of my head I wanna say that the sway bar end links will come with the bolt and bushings. You definitely want a sway bar end link set. I'd go ahead and replace them both. Also, if you don't have any already, get a can off PB Blaster. Best stuff on the planet for getting rusted crap loose. When you get back, spray both end links with PB Blaster, go inside and eat a sammich, then go take them off. Do 1 at a time.

Sold To:

Comment

Heres what autozone has.
                    http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par.../N-igrppZ8oxl1

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareCB7 View Post
                      Ha that's exactly what I just got back with. Thanks so much!

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Please check your ball joints and CV axles. Both sides on my car are missing the bushings completely, and they don't make that much noise, and it's not loud at all. It would be more like a sporadic clanking when you hit bumps if it is the sway bar links, and also it would make noise constantly, not just when turning.

So please don't just assume this is the sole problem, because I would bet money, from what you've typed, that it's the CV joint.

But if all it is is the sway bar links, congratulations! You're pretty lucky it's just that lol.

I just got done changing the lower control arm in a crown vic, it's a bitch! check your ball joints!

Comment

So did you get it fixed???

Sold To:

Comment

Working...
                            X