No announcement yet.

92smokeaccord : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to strip some parts off my parts car today. Lighting was nice so I took some pics

my new turbo build

Comment

Looks aggressive. Definitely need some flares though. The turbo setup does indeed look stock and I love that you kept all the accessories. The numbers sound really good. Makes me want to pick up another car for DSM things.

Comment

Well. I can’t seem to stop getting deals thrown at me so i scoop them up!!
        TEIN Coilovers! Got these for 40$ yes 4-0 doll hairs! Not in bad shape maybe year or 2. Going in tomorrow

my new turbo build

Comment

Oh yeah went to j yard today for a lock actuater and ended up with these for 15$.

my new turbo build

Comment

Damn those are some good scores. Those tail lights would have been triple that in a Cali pap.
            5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Do you know what model of Tein's they are?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                Do you know what model of Tein's they are?
                Basics. But 40$ I’m not complaining They ride pretty good but the are to soft and require a lot of travel which makes my running problem even worse. I’m gonna try a frankinstine set up. Gonna take the coil springs off the tiens and use them with some Koni yellow and some eBay sleeves.

my new turbo build

Comment

Awesome yard finds!

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                    Basics. But 40$ I’m not complaining They ride pretty good but the are to soft and require a lot of travel which makes my running problem even worse. I’m gonna try a frankinstine set up. Gonna take the coil springs off the tiens and use them with some Koni yellow and some eBay sleeves.
                    Can't beat the price! So i have Tein Super Streets. And they are too soft too. Most the web says it's the spring and not the shock. some have swapped it out for a stiffer spring but most (like me) just put up with it. And technically it's the UCA ramming off the body that only bothers me.

Comment

I'll see you on Sunday.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Well. Update I suppose. Lol. Got the bitch tuned!!!!!!! Blew it up day after whooooooa!!! Yeah ended up hurting cylinder 3. The spark plug wire was chaffing on the valve cover and shorted out lost spark for second and it ended up firing to late and boom! I’m pretty sure it’s a ringland so I’m gonna pull thing apart and change the piston out maybe more. Gonna do compression test and see what I’m at. I’m gonna gap the rings out farther to help with the expansion

my new turbo build

Comment

Ok so today I decided to rebuild the motor due to cylinder 3 only having 60 psi on the compression test. Here is what I found. After ripping into this motor I found that only cylinder 3 has extensive damage. Eaither way I replaced all 4 pistons /rings. From the looks of things I may have had a misfire at some point on cylinder 3 making the chamber extremely hot and causing the rings to expand to far and but each other. So in the end she broke a ring land as well as the second ring. As of now she is about half way to being completely rebuilt. All I have left is to put the head and timing which will only take me a couple hours. Heres some pics to show the damaged goods vs the new clean rebuild. Also gapped the living hell out these rings so this has way less chance of happening again.

Broke piston ringland literally just fell out along with ring

Broke ring

New/ used pistons from junk yard. No chips or cracks loose pins.

New pistons in the block

That’s pretty much it till tomorrow. Gonna finish her up nice so I can finally drive my car again. Next step is some tires!

my new turbo build

Comment

If you ever get a wild hair to go pull pistons out of a car in the junkyard again, the G25A uses 85mm pistons and I'd be willing to bet that it uses a 30.55mm compression height, too. The Vigor has a 9.0:1 compression ratio and the 2.5TL is 9.6:1. All that with an 86.4mm stroke. So that done in a 95mm stroke application should be well North of 10.5:1. If you were looking for a cheap boost on low-end power.
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                              If you ever get a wild hair to go pull pistons out of a car in the junkyard again, the G25A uses 85mm pistons and I'd be willing to bet that it uses a 30.55mm compression height, too. The Vigor has a 9.0:1 compression ratio and the 2.5TL is 9.6:1. All that with an 86.4mm stroke. So that done in a 95mm stroke application should be well North of 10.5:1. If you were looking for a cheap boost on low-end power.
                              Dude you kick ass! Question tho. Can I use the rods out of the g series too or am I gonna have to swap rods? I can’t reallt find much info on the g series motors. Would be so nice I’m sure the ringlands are thicker too

my new turbo build

Comment

I would doubt it. But if those pistons are 30.5mm compression height, like I would bet they are, then you don't need new rods. If they use a floating pin, which the available year models would suggest they didn't, then you would just order aftermarket rods anyway.

EDIT* It seems that the G25A uses a 138mm rod, as opposed to the 141.5mm rod in the F22A. No good for this engine.
                                Last edited by Jarrett; 04-19-2018, 01:25 PM.
                                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                                X