Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to find exhaust leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find exhaust leak?

I think I have an exhaust leak. Does anyone have any easy tips or tricks to find the leak?

short

put the car on jack stands and crawl under with the engine running
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Ok, other than listening, I'm partially deaf in both ears, mostly left side, but I can't hear some tones and sounds play tricks on me, I can never pinpoint noise.

Comment

Run the car when its cold outside. You should be able to see the leak.
        Originally posted by chessboxer
        We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
        Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Jack up the front.

Make sure it has jack stands and it's safe to the point the car will not fall if you're underneath it.

Have someone in the car hit the gas. You'll hear the leak.

Other than that really no way to find it. Have to look/Hear it.

You will also see holes(Possibly)

My leak is from my down pipe gasket so you could also rev the car and check around the header/down pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by short1 View Post
            Ok, other than listening, I'm partially deaf in both ears, mostly left side, but I can't hear some tones and sounds play tricks on me, I can never pinpoint noise.
            you may want to take it to an exhaust shop and ask. let them know your situation and they can probably help you out with finding the leak free of charge (i know i would) unless you have them fix it.
            Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

do you have a ebay header?
              COUPE K24

Comment

spray soapy water on the exhaust as its runnin. the leak will make it bubble. works for findin leaks in tires as well.

Comment

better yet seafoam your car. you should see it then LOL
                  COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                    haha you'd have to find it fast otherwise or going to be taken over my smoke.

think you're best bet is soapy water and spray on exhaust while its running.

the daily: 2001 VW golf 2.0 (tom01golf on local and vw forums)
                    the project: f22a1 400-450whp (build thread to come when things start picking up)

Comment

you can also look for black sooty areas.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

hmm thanks for the input guys, i do have an ebay header but i don't think it's that far ahead. Then again wtf do my ears know. I've heard about the seafoam thing but yea not much time to find the leak that way. I think i'll try the soapy water thing, or take it to a shop.

short

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                          Wow off topic but... i seafoamed my freinds cb7 and found out he had an exhaust leak at the header to downpipe connection. Wow was that alot of smoke

Anyways this method will work sort of lol.

Comment

^^ thats where mine is. thats why i asked if he has an ebay exhaust. lol
                            COUPE K24

Comment

my best friend owns a muffler shop and he uses a stethascope to locate leaks bro . not a bad idea to do. good luck finding it pal.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Working...
                              X