Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H23A1 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23A1 swap

I was wondering about a H23A nonvtec swap. I see hmotorsonline sells a long block for $900. I figured I could reuse my F22A1 5 speed transmission.. it's not perfectly matched to an H23, but I figured it would be ok. From what I have been reading, I can use the stock motor mounts and axles from my car. Correct me if I am wrong.

I have some questions about doing this swap in my '90 LX

1. What clutch and flywheel would use?
    2. Can I use a stock H23A1 (I think it's a P14) ECU?
    3. I have never used a OBD conversion anything, so what do I need there?
    4. Will the Alternator, A/C, P/S and cruise control work with an H23A?
    5. The H23A1 uses a manual TB tensioner, yes?
    6. I have to reuse the F22A1 fuel rail?

1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan, 205K, DD once again

wait what?u say h23a1 but ur talkin about the jdm h23 which is vtec....
    but yes everything bolts right in and works fine..p14 ecu is for the h23a1.and the fuel rails are the same.

my new turbo build

Comment

I'm talking about this motor here:

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30030

My Accord is OBD-0, correct?
      Last edited by The_Head; 12-22-2010, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Your Accord is OBD-1.
        IMO, it's not worth it for the performance increase.
        You might as well get a Bisimoto header and make 30 or so more WHP.
        Current:
        2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
        1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
        1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
          Your Accord is OBD-1.
          IMO, it's not worth it for the performance increase.
          You might as well get a Bisimoto header and make 30 or so more WHP.
          yes obd-1 and that motor is a little expensive..u could find one easy for like 5 or 600.

i kinda agree with him...but it is ur car...on that motor u would need to use ur f22a fuel rail.

ur accord clutch and flywheel will be just fine.

my new turbo build

Comment

90-91 Accords are OBD1? Are you guys certain? 90-91 uses different distributor than 92-93, so I am wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Head View Post
              90-91 Accords are OBD1? Are you guys certain? 90-91 uses different distributor than 92-93, so I am wondering.
              Yes certain...Ive done been through this with DEEV.Its not like a civic/sol/teg where anything before 92 was obd0.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Just to let you know bro. A hundred dollars more, you got yourself an H22 if your planning to order from Hmotors.

The H23 is way over-priced IMO.
                www.PreludePower.com
                BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Well, my aim was to reuse the F22A tranny. If I went H22, I would want an H22 tranny. I don't think an H22 with F22 tranny would be very much fun to drive?

To keep the comparison fair, a H22 engine and tranny from the same place would be $1700. Would an F22B (JDM) be a better value than the H23A that I linked to?

It is good to know my car is OBD1 and would not require much wiring work.

Comment

You can get a DOHC F22b from ebay for 400. And it's complete, not a long block.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...item2e927a2711

Hell you can even get a h22a for 750.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95...item3f05ccde70

I, like others, think that h23 is a little over priced.

Even the DOHC f20b on hmotors is 850. And it's complete, but you'd have to shell out like 150 for the ECU IIRC

Look around on ebay, some good deals floating around, though I can't vouch for the reliability of the sellers.

Comment

Working...
                    X