Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My 93 Honda Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 93 Honda Accord LX

I figured it was time to post on here, I have been lurking for a couple of years and just decided to join. Here is my 93 LX. The driver's side is rough but the passenger side is pretty clean. Neither of the windows on the driver's side work.

Last edited by talonted1990; 08-12-2015, 08:02 PM. Reason: added pictures and text

Welcome! You should have flipped the picture of the passenger side; then see if anyone would notice. The fender is fairly easy to take care of, quarter panels not so much. You might send some photos to a paintless dent repair service to see if they think they could undo the damage (you may still have to do some paint work). Lots of potential!
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      Welcome! You should have flipped the picture of the passenger side; then see if anyone would notice. The fender is fairly easy to take care of, quarter panels not so much. You might send some photos to a paintless dent repair service to see if they think they could undo the damage (you may still have to do some paint work). Lots of potential!
      Thanks, I didn't think about flipping the picture. I am trying to fix things here and there and the body is last on the list.

Comment

My car had a huge exhaust leak when I got it, it was cheaper to replace the exhaust manifold than repair the factory piece. I have to find a stud kit for my exhaust manifold. I also replaced the muffler to pass state inspection.
        Last edited by talonted1990; 07-08-2015, 12:13 AM. Reason: added text

Comment

Originally posted by talonted1990 View Post
          My car had a huge exhaust leak when I got it, it was cheaper to replace the exhaust manifold than repair the factory piece. I have to find a stud kit for my exhaust manifold.
          Looks good man!! i must agree with Fleetwood, ALOT of potential!! nice upgrade on purchasing a header than trying to cause yourself misery trying to repair a stock manifold!! I'm also sure you feel a difference in throttle response and sound!!

Comment

A little DIY grill I did. I wanted to see how much I would like the way my car looks with a new grill and I like it alot.

Next up is painting the wiper arms and side pillars.

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes93coupe View Post
              Looks good man!! i must agree with Fleetwood, ALOT of potential!! nice upgrade on purchasing a header than trying to cause yourself misery trying to repair a stock manifold!! I'm also sure you feel a difference in throttle response and sound!!
              Thanks, I don't know how it sounded before because it was so loud with the flex pipe separated I didn't drive it much.

Comment

Next up is painting the wiper arms and side pillars.
                Done and done.

Comment

welcome. looks like you have a good start. keep the pics coming. my cb9 has a sun fade. im going to have to do a lot of paint touch up but getting the motor right first. have any future plans?

Comment

Originally posted by hoopty View Post
                    welcome. looks like you have a good start. keep the pics coming. my cb9 has a sun fade. im going to have to do a lot of paint touch up but getting the motor right first. have any future plans?
                    I am planning to replace my suspension, redo my stereo system, engine swap and then body work. I plan on keeping this as my daily driver so everything has to be done in stages.

Comment

My car died while I was passing a car on the highway, I don't usually park here, especially in the rain.
                      Last edited by talonted1990; 07-12-2015, 10:07 PM. Reason: added text

Comment

I am planning to replace my suspension, redo my stereo system, engine swap and then body work. I plan on keeping this as my daily driver so everything has to be done in stages.
                        same here. im getting the motor fresh now and then cleaning/covering interior and stereo. mines a daily too so small projects at a time. the motor swap will be way later. seen the last post with you on the side of the road. hope its nothing serious. keep posting pics. will be adding to mine once i get time to do the work.

Comment

Took my valve cover and upper timing belt cover off and found this.

Naked cam gear...... I figured that was what had happened but I was hoping for something different.
                          Last edited by talonted1990; 10-26-2015, 02:10 AM.

Comment

sorry to hear that. so are you gonna save it or swap? i know you said a swap was in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopty View Post
                              sorry to hear that. so are you gonna save it or swap? i know you said a swap was in the future.
                              I pulled the broken timing belt out. Here is what was left of the belt.

I talked to a friend who is a Honda tech (for over 20 years now) and he said just put a belt on it if you can't find evidence of bent valves (loose valve springs). I did and my car started right up. I think I have the timing off by a tooth but it runs.
                              Last edited by talonted1990; 04-03-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X