Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Eudm Accord front 5-lug swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eudm Accord front 5-lug swap

Ok guys, I live in Europe and would like to do a 5-lug swap.
    I have been looking at 95-97 Shuttle (same as Odyssey) knuckles but can't find reasonably priced ones. 600€ for a pair is laughable.
    Same goes for 01-02 Accord V6.

I found that the 01-02 eudm 2.3 accord has 5-lug.
    Does anyone know if the knuckles would fit my '92?

If I look around for a while I could maybe find a whole car for that price and use the shortblock and some other parts on my car. I could then sell all parts I don't need.

very good question, I would assume the 01-02 eudm 2.3 accord would work. Looks like you might be the first to try.

Comment

I would bet that the fit or “bolt up” ok. But the axle splining might be the difference.
      5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
        I would bet that the fit or “bolt up” ok. But the axle splining might be the difference.
        Looking at these drawings you might be right

Comment

Do you have an 01-03 Acura TL/CL there? I swapped the front knuckles off an 03 CL and they worked perfectly. You have to grab the caliper anchor brackets though since the rotors are a bit larger at 11.8" vs. 11.1" and you'll need a minimum of a 16" wheel to clear those brakes.

I paired it up with some Legend GS 2 piston calipers, but using a Wagon caliper, Prelude VTEC or Acura Vigor/3.0CL caliper will work also.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

When I did my 5 lug swap, from what I remeber I just changed the hubs, rotors and brakes on the stock knuckles. I had rear discs though.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

The Euro Accord of that gen (CH chassis) shares a lot of commonality with the 99-03 TL and CL. The spindles should fit the CB chassis. I am not sure if the ball joints are different sizes however.
              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

@Losiracer2: we have no Acura's over here. Your setup sounds nice though

@gloryaccordy: what hubs did you use? I have rear disc also.

@SSMAccord: do you mean the type R?

It's just difficult to find parts for a reasonable price here. Not many Honda's where sold here and most will have been scrapped or exported by now.

Comment

You will definitely need new hubs. I'm almost certain I used BB6 Prelude hubs all around.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by NolsAccord_CC1 View Post

@SSMAccord: do you mean the type R?

It's just difficult to find parts for a reasonable price here. Not many Honda's where sold here and most will have been scrapped or exported by now.
                    The Type-R was one of the CH variants that had 5 lug hubs. Some of the other trim levels had 5 lug hubs and the lower trim levels had 4 lug hubs. I am not sure of how the matrix breaks down for those. Type-R versions would have 2 piston calipers and 11.8" front brake rotors as well.

If you search Ebay.co.uk for Honda Accord Uprights or hubs there are knuckles that represent the parts that would fit. At least there are as of the moment that I am typing this.
                    Last edited by SSMAccord; 01-22-2018, 10:16 PM.
                    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Thx for the replies. I found the type R knuckles on eBay, but we don't know if the balljoints would fit. I would also have to find some calipers and brackets. Would 11.8" rotors work with 16" Wheels? I don't really want to go 17"

Maybe it's easier to buy 4 new bb6 hubs, front bb6 rotors, rear integra rotors, pads and source some used calipers and brackets.

Comment

I located Shuttle knuckles, hub, bearing and rotors for 240€. Would 97-01 prelude vtec calipers and brackets work with these?

Still tempted to buy the type R knuckles though. But does anybody know if i can run them with 16" Wheels?

Comment

Working...
                        X