Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Formula Drift Rd. 2 in ATL was a blast. I've been lucky enough to shoot both stops on the tour so far. Still not sure if I'm going to make the next stop in Orlando, but I sure hope so.

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

Nice dude!

Colors really pop!

70-200?

Comment

no sir.

400 2.8L and 200 1.8L

yeah it requires a bunch more reach than you might expect.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Ya that makes sense.

You only shoot primes for the most part huh lol.

I will more then likely pick up the 24-70L but im thinking now if I should forego the 70-200L and just get the 200L.

So many decisions!

Comment

yeah i definitely prefer primes. the 200 2.8L is nice but for the difference in money it would be really nice to have the 70-200. the reason i have a 200L is because its 1.8. i also have a 70-200.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Entered this into a photo contest in my township.

Beautiful Winter by Ralph Ricciardi, on Flickr

Comment

a shot of my friends 05 STI

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Glad to See This Thread Come Alive Again!

Had a blast shooting Gen on Fremont Street the other night. I've been shooting for what?
                  40 some odd years now? Had my FIRST photo bomb with her on Fremont Street ..
                  I'll have to post it up later .. totally fun shot!
                  Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 02-07-2017, 03:47 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

I gotta put up some pics from our recent trip to Europe

I might just link my Flickr

Loving my Sony A7II with Canon glass.... just put most of my primes up for sale though so I can get a 24-70 2.8 and some kind of tele zoom along with my 17-40. Would have been a godsend for that trip and I imagine will be better if/when we have kids. Gonna keep a couple of manual primes in the stash for when I'm in that mood though

Looking forward to fall foliage as well... gets beautiful around here.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Anyone got any updates? Seems we all stay busy in one way or another.

My photo business has actually exploded lol. I have shoots booked almost every weekend for the next month or so and I have shoots booked sporadically through September.

Life is good. I am just running out of fucking storage space haha.

Still loving my 5d MIII. Was worth every penny. Worked a 50th birthday Saturday night and took well over 300 shots and there was a DJ and a live musician and so there was a ton of mixed lighting besides a lot of movement obviously and the 5D lives up to its reputation as a workhorse.

When this tax return comes in I will be picking up a firearm and a an L lens, most likely a lightly used version of the 24-70. If I can squeeze in another lens I will most definitely try.

I need that 50 1.2L in my life also.

Comment

I'm actually working on a show for Velocity Channel at a hot rod shop in St. Louis at the moment. I'm an AC (camera assistant), one of two people in charge of maintaining two Canon C300's, a Sony FS7, a 5D on a Kessler MoCo system, a GH4 on a Ronin, and a handful of GoPros.

I've been shooting a few things, but mainly either boring stuff for clients, or personal work.

I did forget to post this set of the Missouri S&T Formula SAE car from last year.

Missouri S&T FSAE rig by Jayson Carey, on Flickr

Missouri S&T Formula SAE 2015 by Jayson Carey, on Flickr

Also, here's a few of the latest car stuff I've done over the past year:
                        IMG_8349 by Jayson Carey, on Flickr

IMG_8478 by Jayson Carey, on Flickr

IMG_8257 by Jayson Carey, on Flickr

S2k1 by Jayson Carey, on Flickr
                        (not my favorite. it could use some cleanup of the background, but it was just a trial with my then-new AB800)

Untitled2 by Jayson Carey, on Flickr

1 by Jayson Carey, on Flickr

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Ola everyone!

Just checking in. Curious what everyone has been up too!!?

Still rocking my MKIII, and love it. Not even sure how many actuations it has, but for the year 2017, I took over 7500 images for clients. Was quite a busy year.

I ended up picking up a 24-70L F4 as the 2.8 was just out of my budget, and I figured with the amazing ISO performance of the MKIII, id rather save the money and boost ISO, and still get L quality. Lens is amazing, but its made me realize that I need an L prime lol.

I do a lot of events, and weddings throughout the year, so that's why I opted for the 24-70 as its a good does everything lens. I could use a 70-200 for those intimate shots where I do not want to be intrusive, but I also could benefit from a 50L.

Then there are the outdoor portraits I do, baptism, engagements, maternity etc. an 85L would do well there, or a 200L.

That's well over 3k in lens, more likely.

Sigh lol I did also end up spending about $400 on a firearm, so that killed some cash.

Anyway, hope everyone is good.

Comment

Some of my latest stuff

Untitled by Ralph Ricciardi, on Flickr

Last edited by Ralphie; 02-20-2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Ralphie... I know you just bought the 24-70/4, but you should look at the OLD Tamron 24-70 2.8. I had one with my A7II, and it was excellent. Just too fucking heavy, and I always used it stopped down so I replaced it with the 24-105 STM.

I mainly shoot primes (35 1.4, 50 1.4, 85 1.8, 14 2.8) so I'm OK with slow zooms. Only time I use zooms is if I'm doing the tourist thing in the day time.

Right now I am waiting for Sigma to drop the FE mount 35 ART and for Sony to drop the A7III. Account is about to take a beating but hopefully I can get a decent amount for my Samyang 35 and A7II. Looking forward to recording my daughter on 4K. Funny thing is I did a shit load of traveling last year, but didn't have my kit figured out. And my technique was less than optimal. No worries. Going forward I will get it right.

Doing a quasi engagement shoot for a buddy once the weather clears up. I'd pursue that more if I had the time but I just want to dip my toes for now. I really enjoy candid portraiture.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                                Ralphie... I know you just bought the 24-70/4, but you should look at the OLD Tamron 24-70 2.8. I had one with my A7II, and it was excellent. Just too fucking heavy, and I always used it stopped down so I replaced it with the 24-105 STM.

I mainly shoot primes (35 1.4, 50 1.4, 85 1.8, 14 2.8) so I'm OK with slow zooms. Only time I use zooms is if I'm doing the tourist thing in the day time.

Right now I am waiting for Sigma to drop the FE mount 35 ART and for Sony to drop the A7III. Account is about to take a beating but hopefully I can get a decent amount for my Samyang 35 and A7II. Looking forward to recording my daughter on 4K. Funny thing is I did a shit load of traveling last year, but didn't have my kit figured out. And my technique was less than optimal. No worries. Going forward I will get it right.

Doing a quasi engagement shoot for a buddy once the weather clears up. I'd pursue that more if I had the time but I just want to dip my toes for now. I really enjoy candid portraiture.
                                Did you say, "old"? :P

I LOVE old lens! I have a Yashica 50mm 1.8, a Minolta Rokkor-x 50 1.4, and an old Tamron 85-210.

I did a lot of research on all the 24-70 iterations, and Tamron/ Sigma were always rated well. Heavy might be a problem though. The 24-70 F4 is pretty light, since less material, and that is a huge help on longer events.

Ill check it out though, might be a good pickup.

That 35 ART and A7III will be a really nice combo.

I am a big fan of candid portraiture too, which is why I am pining for a 70-200, but I could use a L prime really bad too.

Wish Canon wasn't so damn expensive lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X