Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How can I make more power out of simple thing on a f22a6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I make more power out of simple thing on a f22a6

I'm trying to do simple things increase hp on my a6
    What all can I do and pick up for cheap so far deleted cat
    Short ram intake if you guys have any cheap ways make more power let me know also add me on face book rian Barton and msg me with the knowledge you might have it's is 5 speed swapped but still don't feel enough power and I'm no means rich enough to h swap it where I live every one I do run across want 2500 or more for the h swaps any help is very grateful

Deleting the cat does nothing for power. All it does is make your car illegal, noisy, and smelly. I suggest you put it back.
    I honestly can't understand a word you said beyond that. You might want to get the punctuation keys on your keyboard and/or phone looked at. I think they're broken. If we can't understand you, we can't help you.

The "sticky" threads at the top of this section will give you a number of good ideas.

in short, you can get an H23A1 intake manifold, reground camshaft from Delta, a better header (sadly, there aren't many options available that will do much for power unless you replace the collector with a larger one...), get a new exhaust (2.25" is best for a mild street build), and get some sort of tunable engine management system that can be tuned by a professional (unless you want to buy all the tools and do all the learning to do it yourself.)
    In the end, you'll probably end up putting down about H22 power, if you're lucky. You'll likely end up spending H22 money, too. If you just save up for an H22, buy a good one, install it yourself... you'll be starting at that power level, and you'll be able to do similar upgrades to bring it up from there. Your call, though.

Comment

If you can't pay, you can't play. Simple as that. Save up for something nice, man. Make sure the car is safe and reliable in the meantime.

Comment

Gentlemen, Gentlemen, we're forgetting the biggest, cheapest thing we all can do for extra performance...

Weight reduction

Strip the interior and get rid of those back seats. Who needs a spare? Are you really listening to music on that old radio? Does the AC even work? C'mon. It's all free to do, if you do it right

Comment

My friend was able to get within a second of my h22 with his f22a1 thanks to weight reduction!
          One of the heaviest things to remove is the complete AC system. That's close to 100lbs I've been told.

Comment

HOLY HELL 100LBS!!!!
            My AC barely works and I want to track my cb7 next weekend, but it sounds like a lot lol

Comment

100lbs?? Can't be.

I have a compressor, condenser and dryer lying around...I could just weigh them.

OP, the best way to make your car faster is to learn how to drive the piss out of it. Seriously, more hp won't make you a faster driver.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

84lbs according to the weight reduction thread in the racing subforum.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  100lbs?? Can't be.

I have a compressor, condenser and dryer lying around...I could just weigh them.

OP, the best way to make your car faster is to learn how to drive the piss out of it. Seriously, more hp won't make you a faster driver.
                  unless you are drag racing, then power means just as much as skill if not more.

Comment

And power doesn't always equal fun. My 117hp Fit was arguably more fun to drive than my 400hp cts-v.

Comment

How many miles on the engine? My A6 auto with 180k on it feels pretty fast and my last DD had more 75 more horses and two more cylinders than the Honda. I have a sunroof too so its the heaviest optioned Accord for sure and it feels "fast" still.

Check the compression and the condition of the ignition system. With only 140hp these cars have nuts, you having a manual it should be more apparent than my auto.

Is your clutch shot? Mushy pedal?

Comment

A simple tune up is cheap and will likely net you a good few horsepower if you haven't done that yet. It will also set you up for more reliable power. It's hard to be fast when you're on the side of the road.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

take off the power steering belt and a/c delete (new belt needed) 4-2-1 header, something like a 10k resistor in series of the iat sensor..the p/s pump belt removal and balance shaft belt delete frees up a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                            ...and balance shaft belt delete frees up a lot.
                            How bad will the motor shake with that eliminated, given good motor mounts?
                            My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                            Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                            Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Not enough to notice.
                              I've felt worse shaking from a bad motor mount than a balance shaft delete/belt removal.
                              Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Working...
                              X