Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What projects ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What projects ya got?

Welp..my poor cb7 is on the back burner again..
    Hoped to get my engine a week or two ago and it was gone,so was the 5spd i was gonna get..oh well i suppose.
    In the mean time since my honda is waiting patiently on a heart transplant,i've decided to keep myself busy with another project
    A 1987 suzuki 230 quadsport lol. Replacing the chain guard,valves,plugs,and cleaning it up. Hopefully i can find new plastics but im not too concerned. I've got an old kawasaki 750 bike engine laying in the garage that I've been debating on throwing on the quadsport,stretching he frame and widening it,and getting super moto tires to ride it on the street and title it as the kaw lol...
    Anyway,what are yall working on? I've also got my 91 chevy in the garage,ive got a 81? Sunbird in there,and a f350 plow truck getting prepped for winter
    Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
    dmfb919

My CB7 got smashed by a speeding junkie a couple years ago. My current project is a 1990 Miata, which hasn't been much of a project at all. It came with all the suspension mods I'd want to do to it myself (bought it from an autocrosser), and it's in otherwise incredible condition. I added some frame rails (which effectively put me in a hopeless autocross class... but I don't care!) and a cheap digital media receiver. All I have left to do is paint it and replace the top, and it'll be like a brand new car! A brand new incredibly slow car!

I've got my 06 CTS-V as well, which has taken over daily driver duty... and it's showing. The poor beastie needs differential bushings and front shocks (I have the bushings, but I don't want to attempt to tackle that myself... it's going to the shop soon.) Wasn't meant to be a project car, but it's turning out that way!

Comment

I've got my 90 accord that I haven't driven in nearly a decade, a Subaru outback with a rod knock, and a 92 accord coupe that I bought in May as a daily that was smacked in the right rear quarter.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

2001 Prelude, kind of a replacement for my CB. H23a swap and my rolling laboratory.

2003 E46 ZHP. Everything is broken or about to break. I'm kind of exaggerating there, but not really. Want to return it to stock driveability.

2008 Accord V6-6 Nothing really special about this car other than the engine, transmission and exterior when modded. Want to throw some 20s on it and bag it for the stance life. I have literally zero interest in performance mods for this car.

1996 Ford Tbird (Wife's car) I returned this one from the dead. It had a fuel pump wiring issue...after starting it for the first time in 4 years or so, it smokes. Looks like oil leaking on to the header. Figuring out if I can swap a Coyote into it.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Too many to list, my main project is an 1988 squarebody C30 on semi wheels bagged, body-dropped and cummins swapped. I wish I had more time to work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            2001 Prelude, kind of a replacement for my CB. H23a swap and my rolling laboratory.

2003 E46 ZHP. Everything is broken or about to break. I'm kind of exaggerating there, but not really. Want to return it to stock driveability.

2008 Accord V6-6 Nothing really special about this car other than the engine, transmission and exterior when modded. Want to throw some 20s on it and bag it for the stance life. I have literally zero interest in performance mods for this car.

1996 Ford Tbird (Wife's car) I returned this one from the dead. It had a fuel pump wiring issue...after starting it for the first time in 4 years or so, it smokes. Looks like oil leaking on to the header. Figuring out if I can swap a Coyote into it.
            A coyote in a tbird would be awesome! Those old birds are largely forgotten anymore. I rarely see one that’s anything more than a beater.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostwhite View Post
              Too many to list, my main project is an 1988 squarebody C30 on semi wheels bagged, body-dropped and cummins swapped. I wish I had more time to work on it.

Gooooood night! Thats nasty man,12 valve i assume? I've always wanted to do a similar build,i just cant find a 3+3 around me for cheap that isnt rotted out from ohio winters

A coyote in a tbird would be pretty badass,you could piss off alot of camaro owners lol. It is hard to find a nice one anymore. A buddy of mine has 4 super coupes in his barn,all supercharged 3.8s,3 are auto and ones factory 5spd. Hes had them all for years and hasnt done much with them but the 5spd,thats his baby. Its got head work,pulleys,injectors,and a few other "bolt ons" as he says lol. I can honestly say i never gave a damn about thunderbirds until i rode in that car,it pulled super hard,handled like it was on rails and floated down the road like a granny car,it impressed the hell outta me lol
              dmfb919

Comment

Originally posted by chi View Post
                Gooooood night! Thats nasty man,12 valve i assume? I've always wanted to do a similar build,i just cant find a 3+3 around me for cheap that isnt rotted out from ohio winters

A coyote in a tbird would be pretty badass,you could piss off alot of camaro owners lol. It is hard to find a nice one anymore. A buddy of mine has 4 super coupes in his barn,all supercharged 3.8s,3 are auto and ones factory 5spd. Hes had them all for years and hasnt done much with them but the 5spd,thats his baby. Its got head work,pulleys,injectors,and a few other "bolt ons" as he says lol. I can honestly say i never gave a damn about thunderbirds until i rode in that car,it pulled super hard,handled like it was on rails and floated down the road like a granny car,it impressed the hell outta me lol
                Yup 12 valve, I picked up a 94 dodge 2500 auto for a donor. I picked this R30 3+3 up in AZ when I lived in Vegas and it had zero rust. Moving back to the midwest has been its first taste of humidity and there is already some surface rust.

Comment

Even with what little surface rust it has,its probably still the cleanest 3+3 in the midwest lol i cant wait to see it finished,i almost needed new boxers seeing it as is so i cant imagine how good the finished product will look
                  dmfb919

Comment

Aside from the CB, it's just my daily RSX. I don't want to mod the engine until it dies. Handling is just about where I want it. Aesthetics are the next thing to tackle. It needs a respray with dent and rust repair, and there are a handful of aftermarket body pieces I want to transform the overall look.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Haha. It really is like a couch, on wheels, with a v8. It's an overlooked car, imo. Most of the ones I see are beaters. Hell, this one IS a beater, but it has potential.

And a few people have done the swap it so it's possible, but of course $$$.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I just installed a Pioneer MVH-190UB radio along with 4 new JVC Club 5020's and an oldskool (1996) Pioneer TS-WX100 woofer and some Chinese amplifier (the last two only cost me $50).

I'm currently in the process of redoing the whole interior. The headliner, A/B/C collums are currenty at the upholsterer getting lined with black alcantara and I will be replacing the carpet soon with black carpet (instead of green-ish) and getting rubber floor mats for protection.

I also just sprayed the trunk shields black. I will be installing a wooden floor in the trunk soon, which wil be covered by the same black carpet I mentioned prior.

Koni Sport shocks (already ordered), Ground Control adjustable springs and Lenso BSX rims (most likely) after that. A Legend lip will be installed once I get my hands on one (anyone?).
                        Last edited by yh61r; 10-04-2017, 11:22 PM.

Comment

being an absolute gear head,i cant help myself but to take on projects even when I have 5 other things going on...i "looked at" a 1992 Mazda Lantis today,if you don't know what it is,it's a 4dr Mazda that they built in japan,its essentially a 4dr 4cyl probe lol..i can get it shipped to my doorstep with a clean title and legally imported for under $3k,so its going to happen as soon as I talk to a few more people that have dealt with importing vehicles before.
                          anyway,future plans for the Lantis are gonna be almost identical to my old probe gt,KLZE on 8lbs,headers,cams,a 5spd from a probe gt,coilovers,some Japanese wheels,and it needs a little body work..i figure for around 6-7k I can have one of the most unique cars around for a few states,and no matter what I'll be able to turn a profit on it if I wanted to. I mainly just wanna build another KLZE and im not about to buy another probe or Mazda protege,i've always wanted a RHD car and these little lantis's are so ugly that they're almost cool lol
                          dmfb919

Comment

'15 Honda Ruckus is my main thing right now.

Big bored to 66cc
                            Pc20 carb
                            Stretched
                            Camd
                            Titanium valves
                            Extensive head work
                            Quench welded cc
                            Exhaust
                            Custom gear set in rear
                            Variator/clutch/deive face all modded

Too much visual stuff modded to list.

Hitting 57mph with my 300lb fat ass on it.

66cc's of fury baby. Most fun ive head in a decade has been mobbing through town on this little monster.
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Ive always wanted a ruckus to cruise around town on and to ride at shows and derbys..there aint many of them around here,only time i seen them was 3 years ago when i lived in the city lol seen alot at import cruise ins and shows,saw a mint one that matched the mint eg hatch beside it too,gonna have to dig through SD cards to find that picture
                              dmfb919

Comment

Working...
                              X