Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1990[H]accordex View Post
    Checked all my cars, not one had a black dash srry, mom's 92 ex (american) coupe actually has the black dash, but she not willing to get rid of the dash, can't say i blame her lol
    they be rare. almost thinking buddy who had the black dash at the meet had a US car.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      they be rare. almost thinking buddy who had the black dash at the meet had a US car.
      quite possible, never even thought about looking at the speedo when we where all there.....

Comment

Yo, i'm looking at setting my amp up between my two rear speakers the same way you did your's, but it seems if I was to close the trunk, the springs would interfere or not clear it when closed, got any pic's or could you snap a couple so I can get an idea of how you set your's up? just wanna get the amp outta the way and sumewhere safe

Comment

Yo, i'm looking at setting my amp up between my two rear speakers the same way you did your's, but it seems if I was to close the trunk, the springs would interfere or not clear it when closed, got any pic's or could you snap a couple so I can get an idea of how you set your's up? just wanna get the amp outta the way and sumewhere safe
          I'll snap some pics when i get home tonight. I know the fitment was tight but depending on the size of your amp it is possible. What's on the back of your rear seat? Can't you put it there?

Comment

I'll snap some pics when i get home tonight. I know the fitment was tight but depending on the size of your amp it is possible. What's on the back of your rear seat? Can't you put it there?
            I had it there, but where i'm only hooking it up to my speakers, i prefer to have it closer to them, and save that space for a bigger am for my subs i'll be getting

Comment

I had it there, but where i'm only hooking it up to my speakers, i prefer to have it closer to them, and save that space for a bigger am for my subs i'll be getting
              Alright. So there is a edge on the top of the back part (circled in red in below pic). I have the amp sitting on this edge (wedged in there), and with it sitting in/on there I screwed the other side in with self tapping screws. It fit perfectly between the speaker and the back seat release pull tab. I had to make sure to turn it right way so my wires didn't hit anything and there was clearance for the RCA cables, etc. If I had turned it 180degrees it wouldn't of worked as the power/ground wires would be hitting the back seat release pull tab thing. I suppose I could of put it on the other side (passenger side) also. Make sense?

Comment

Alright. So there is a edge on the top of the back part (circled in red in below pic). I have the amp sitting on this edge (wedged in there), and with it sitting in/on there I screwed the other side in with self tapping screws. It fit perfectly between the speaker and the back seat release pull tab. I had to make sure to turn it right way so my wires didn't hit anything and there was clearance for the RCA cables, etc. If I had turned it 180degrees it wouldn't of worked as the power/ground wires would be hitting the back seat release pull tab thing. I suppose I could of put it on the other side (passenger side) also. Make sense?

mint, thank you very much man, i'll give this a try, do you notice any rattling from it being up there, like when the bass hits?

Comment

mint, thank you very much man, i'll give this a try, do you notice any rattling from it being up there, like when the bass hits?
                  nope, no rattling. If there was though it would be an easy fix (foam or rubber lining).

Comment

Thanks for checking out my ride.
                    Yours is super clean, I really love the engine bay.
                    Looks so natural, Accords should have came stock w/H22

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                      Sup buddy...just checkin' in. So how's the retrofit coming along...any progress?
                      If it aint rattling, it ain't loud enough! Heh man that's a squeeze up there
                      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by DanCan View Post
                        Thanks for checking out my ride.
                        Yours is super clean, I really love the engine bay.
                        Looks so natural, Accords should have came stock w/H22
                        Good point, and I've never heard anyone say that before. But it doesn't look so natural at first with no wire tuck etc. It looks like its crammed in there and there's no room to even fit your arm in. haha

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                        If it aint rattling, it ain't loud enough! Heh man that's a squeeze up there
                        lol. Ya, i wish I had of hung the amps like DanCan did to his ride!

Comment

Well today the accord got a oil change. They FINALLY started selling Royal Purple in 5Q jugs for $54. Before I had to put five 1 quart jugs which was $72. I used a Fram oil filter cuz they didn't have Mobile1 in stock. My other options of filter were QS, and Motormaster. But oil change went fine, accord was happy.

My headlights still confuse me. If I aim them so they are both perfectly level, then the drivers side headlight is far too low (finger gap between the light and hood), and the passenger light is high (no gap between light and hood). I'm wondering if the light bulb being in wrong would cause such a thing. I'm also wondering if the ding it had gotten long ago on the drivers side has something to do with all this... , I'll post pics tomorrow possible.

Other things on the go, nothing.... but I'll find something todo. Going to drive it for a bit.

Comment

I love working on my car

Comment

I love working on my car

I see a measuring tape, watcha doin there now ???

Comment

I see a measuring tape, watcha doin there now ???
                                I am fixing my bumper issue, which no-one happily replied to:
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...31#post3055331, but that's ok. I'll get her done.

Other things to fix/do on the list are:
                                - Fix idle issue when engine is hot (clean IACV/FITV)
                                - Stop my dam stereo from coming out when I push the go pedal hard (you'll have this issue if you keep your DVDinDash)
                                - paint the motor mounts

and other little things...

Comment

Working...
                                X