Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mugen made coilovers for the CB/CC Accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mugen made coilovers for the CB/CC Accord?

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/beat,brochure/Recent

Anyone know if Inspire suspension is the same as on the standard Accords, as far as mounting points matching up? I know that what Japan considers a "1989" model year, America would say it's a '90...

That variable system for the '89 Inspire; is that not nuts to have available to the public for a street car in 1992?!
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-10-2017, 11:31 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Way back in the days when I had first joined the forum there was someone on Ebay selling the Mugen Variable Sus Kit. They claimed that it was for a CB chassis but I don't know if it ever sold. You might even be able to dig up the old threads still. Most folks on here were very skeptical of it. I believe the Ascot (another CB based car) might have had the same suspension setup as the front end damn near bolts on the Accord but, don't quote me, I don't think the Inspire has a similar enough suspension setup.

Comment

Yes, Mugen did make their Showa suspension kits for the CB/CD. They are not height adjustable coilovers though, just springs/shocks.

There really isn't any demand for them however, because they hardly drop the car and are only a bit stiffer. 99% of enthusiasts will want something more aggressive than the Mugen setup.

And no, the Inspire is a completely different car, and closer to the Acura Legend/Vigor

Comment

I have their non-adjustable suspension for my RSX and love them, even though it's only a 1.4" drop. The appeal of it is that it's sportier than stock Type R, but not much less comfortable than the standard Integra/RSX. With great performance and just enough ground clearance that I don't have to crab-walk over speed bumps, they're perfect for a daily - most people actually agree they're the best suspension for the car and the only reason to get something else is to go lower. That Accord does look to retain too much fender gap for performance, though. Makes me wonder if it was designed more for luxury.

In the second photo, I saw that the "Sports Sus Kit For Saloon" does list the standard Accord (hence my posting it); I was curious about the Inspire relation for the adjustable set. That's too bad.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          That variable system for the '89 Inspire; is that not nuts to have available to the public for a street car in 1992?!
          Isn't that all that Toyota's TEMS suspension was in the MkIII Supra? Electronically controlled dampening?

Comment

Working...
          X