CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Performance Tech

Old 05-19-2017, 08:21 PM   #1
Cragelarson83
CB7tuner Member

Cragelarson83 is cool... so far.
Question Difference in pt6-a51 and a52

I just went to my local Pick and Pull to get a ECU and TCM to swap all the parts off my a6 onto my a1 and the ECU I got was out of a SE Auto so it's a a52... I've been searching on here to see if there is any difference in the two ecu's before I do it to make sure that it's done right but no solid info. At least as far as i could find. Pretty much from what I have gathered is that as long as it's a pt6 it'll work. But obviously there's 2 different numbers on the ECU's so I would think that they are different somehow. If anyone can break it down to me or point me in a Direction where I could get the info at I would appreciate it. There was a guy at the Pick-n-Pull that came up to me and asked if my car was the cb7 in the parking lot and I said it was. He informed me that he has 92-93 oem fogs and three sets of 91-92. He also has a full set of oem black leather door panels and actually another three quarter full set. Plus a h23 plenum and h&r lowering springs.. It was a great day for me. He said he didn't know if you wants to sell the 92-93 ones. I don't know why he would tease me with that. LOL. I can get these garbage oil sleeves off my car finally for a reasonable price and the planet that I really want. I also picked up missing joint for my Legend hood struts that I purchased online period and a 94 accord front lip. My car doesn't have one and i got it for $8 so ima trim it up and see how it looks. Sorry that this thread kind of creep somewhere else I'm just excited and wanted to share my day.
Cragelarson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:26 PM   #2
GhostAccord
CB7tuner Member

GhostAccord seems to have made some friends! GhostAccord seems to have made some friends!
The last digit on the part number is the version. So PT6-A51 would be a 1st version and the PT6-A52 would be the second version. As long as it is a PT6-A5* you are good to go.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:00 PM   #3
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
PT-Tuner is gone. Haven't heard from cloudasc in a while but his site had a lot of good info for these ECU's.

I noticed this a little bit ago when looking for an answer for Cragelarson83.

John 15:18 "If the world hates you, know that it hated me first."
H311RA151N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:36 PM   #4
Cragelarson83
CB7tuner Member

Cragelarson83 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostAccord View Post
The last digit on the part number is the version. So PT6-A51 would be a 1st version and the PT6-A52 would be the second version. As long as it is a PT6-A5* you are good to go.
Thank you for fillin me in. I'm excited to do the conversion. Even with I/H/E my f22a1 has no balls. I did beat a ek civic sedan but it was blowin smoke when i was behind him. When i got next to the kid he was revving the crap out of it.. Sounded like straight garbage but it was real loud. He didn't even have a chance. Even though my car is a auto. I'm not into racing anymore but i couldn't help myself....i don't understand these kids and there straight pipes and all that super camber stuff. I'm not knockin there style but it's just not for me. I must just be gettin old. Anyways sorry about yet another rant that's off topic. Thanks again for the help.
Cragelarson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:51 PM   #5
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Quote:
Originally Posted by H311RA151N View Post
PT-Tuner is gone. Haven't heard from cloudasc in a while but his site had a lot of good info for these ECU's.

I noticed this a little bit ago when looking for an answer for Cragelarson83.
He last logged on in February of this year, so he may not be gone for good. I'll have to get in touch with him to see if he still has the PT-Tuner info. I'd gladly host it here. It would be a shame to lose so much valuable information! The P06/P28/P72 are far better supported, but it was nice to know that the PTx ECUs weren't totally paperweights... and someone could always continue where he left off!

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:14 PM   #6
GTRON
CB7tuner Member

GTRON is cool... so far.
I thought the Pt6s were all the same?...

There's a difference?

I pulled a PT6 ECU off a 93 SE.

^100 years old^
(but she runs a 100 meter dash, not a marathon! 26.2 miles would most likely kill her. -deev)

(I stand corrected )

GTRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #7
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
They're essentially the same. Any changes made between versions are probably so small that we'd never notice.

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #8
GTRON
CB7tuner Member

GTRON is cool... so far.
Well I guess I got the newest on they made!

Any minuscule improvements made will be mine!

^100 years old^
(but she runs a 100 meter dash, not a marathon! 26.2 miles would most likely kill her. -deev)

(I stand corrected )

GTRON is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: