Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whatuppp cb7ians? Cb7ners? Lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatuppp cb7ians? Cb7ners? Lol

Finally got my hands on a 92 accord ex coupe 5 speed. Yeyahhh love these hidden gems. This will be a serious rebuild from literally scratch as it was free to me from Craigslist. Looking to put bout 5 gs worth of work over the next year so any tips or tricked would be nice. Never to many mods or swaps so as long as they w work keep em coming

Free is always good.

What's your end goal? We can give better hints if we know what you are going to do with the car.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Good deal!

Since you have a 92 EX with a manual transmission, you pretty much have all the best stock goodies. Perfect platform to build on!
      $5,000 can turn it into a really fun car. Personally, if I had that car and $5,000 to work with, this is what I'd do:

JDM H22A engine and transmission swap (base, none of those fancy expensive ones) - $2,000 (ish)
      Koni Yellow shocks, H&R Sport springs, polyurethane bushings all around - $1,000
      Maaco paintjob (2nd tier, usually half-price in the off-season), plus dent/rust repair - $1,000
      High performance all-season tires on stock 6 spoke alloys (my favorite OEM wheels) - $600
      Blackhoused stock headlights with HID projector retrofit - $400

There would be a few other little things that would probably get done along the way, but for the most part... that would be it. A nice stereo, maybe some strut braces, upgraded brake pads and rotors, perhaps some amber corner and bumper lights... but overall, that $5,000 build would be all I'd ever want out of a CB7. Sporty enough to be fun, "stock" enough to be comfortable, reliable, and efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Good deal!

Since you have a 92 EX with a manual transmission, you pretty much have all the best stock goodies. Perfect platform to build on!
        $5,000 can turn it into a really fun car. Personally, if I had that car and $5,000 to work with, this is what I'd do:

JDM H22A engine and transmission swap (base, none of those fancy expensive ones) - $2,000 (ish)
        Koni Yellow shocks, H&R Sport springs, polyurethane bushings all around - $1,000
        Maaco paintjob (2nd tier, usually half-price in the off-season), plus dent/rust repair - $1,000
        High performance all-season tires on stock 6 spoke alloys (my favorite OEM wheels) - $600

There would be a few other little things that would probably get done along the way, but for the most part... that would be it. A nice stereo, maybe some strut braces, upgraded brake pads and rotors, perhaps some amber corner and bumper lights... but overall, that $5,000 build would be all I'd ever want out of a CB7. Sporty enough to be fun, "stock" enough to be comfortable, reliable, and efficient.
        Personally, I'd wanna play with turbo parts if I had 5 grand, but I'd say it all depends on your preference, and the shape the car is already in. You could still do a H swap, and turbo it later. I just like the idea of keeping the F22a series in my car.

I think that's a great list from Deev though, I have nothing against all that. And that also leaves money to do maintenance and get fancy new wheels if you're into that kinda thing.
        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          Free is always good.

What's your end goal? We can give better hints if we know what you are going to do with the car.
          Yeah appreciate it errryone. It was awesome find. As the later cb7 specially ex are my favorite. I've had a previous 93 ex till an idiot decided to blindside me. But ill take the 92 still has the disc brakes front and back ex oem wheels. Just gotta get that oem led rear spoiler. They were going to scrap it but I was like hell nah lol excuse my language. But these things are getting harder to find where I'm at... ie coupe 5 speed ex.

Thereforeee....

I decide not to build an insane boost car as I want a track car and there are more suitable cars to put the time and money into as these are on the heavier side and after the third lap steering will be a nightmare. Even if you know the fundamentals of the better line.lol.
          I do know these things can be made into a killer sporty daily driver that can turn heads get going and still be economical.
          A coupe outline is a perfect combination of new curves and oldies boxy if that makes sense. sure you get the pic as yall are cb7ners.

My end goal, decided to build it up as much as NA possible... More air more exhaust more beefier internals. Weight reduction. Aftermarket suspension, maybe stance it just a lil bit. custom interior to coordinate with the custom paint. Custom audio and lighting. next to professional if I can't do it myself. Ill still dropp a couple gs on it but not going to spend 800 on a skunk2 intake. But if something presents itself reasonably yes sir. Maybe machine a couple thing. Maybe half wire tuck to clean the engine bay a little. Maybe a economical turbo( if there is such a thing) low boost 5 to 8 as I heard these things have iron sleeves and can handle it better than most.

All this ima do over the next year and depending on the out come I might sell it or keep it but I know I'm be looking for anymore out there to build and keep alive. I'd love to keep it but I'm sure someone would pay 10 gs for a car like that. Sounds dumb but it happens. Lmao. 10 gs to the next build. Get at me with any ideas or diy y'all wannta show me and I'll put my spin on it and further our cb7ian legend. Appreciate the love tho.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Good deal!

There would be a few other little things that would probably get done along the way, but for the most part... that would be it. A nice stereo, maybe some strut braces, upgraded brake pads and rotors, perhaps some amber corner and bumper lights... but overallhat $5,000 build would be all I'd ever want out of a CB7. Sporty enough to be fun, "stock" enough to be comfortable, reliable, and efficient.
            Yeah but when I mean scratch I mean bottom of the barrel so lotta work go get to ground zero but the best part of going this route I feel is I can fix what's wrong by replacing it with the parts I want so glass half full today lmao till I pull it apart and the glass shatters. Still can't beat it I'm excited and thankful for the chance.

That's a list right therrr lol. Lotta work too. Ill prolly do all else cept the swap as I feel these f22 are hidden gems in themselves. I gotta learn what y'all talking about retro fitting projectors on the headlights as far as I've thought bout retro fitting aftermarket headlights from later model accord as they have more variety. But if not someone throw me abone on that retrofit projector headlights.

As much as a fan of the ex oem rims ima sucker for aftermarket rims with the right stretch and just right stance. So I'll prolly keep oem til I can save up for a set and trust me it ain't going to be the first ones I see... they going to be the one... don't need a wife lmao. Paint job is going to be on point especially with the color scheme I have in mind so y'all gotta wait on that. So I'll break your list down to
            1000$ paint job 1000 suspension 1000 rims 1000 custom interior exterior rest into the motor course I feel with my OCD coupon best deal I can squeeze out more cause that doesn't read like much but this all rough estimate for me. Dreaming.

This will be and can still be a delightful sproty daily driver. Someone has to show how to do that personal vehicle threads I be seeing... But keep this going peeps. Great community everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
              Personally, I'd wanna play with turbo parts if I had 5 grand, but I'd say it all depends on your preference, and the shape the car is already in. You could still do a H swap, and turbo it later. I just like the idea of keeping the F22a series in my car.

I think that's a great list from Deev though, I have nothing against all that. And that also leaves money to do maintenance and get fancy new wheels if you're into that kinda thing.
              Yeah he had along of great points there. And that's what makes these cb7 as great as they are. Lotta freaking potential. Was going to get this one running as a dd buy a vtec 2nd motor b20 or h22 or even a k24 park it on a motor stand in my apt take it apart and build it crazy build maybe sponsored build with my compulsive decisions but with my practical beliefs is to put time money n effort in a newer more ideal track car with that power... As insane as a 24 psi boosted accord sounds....

I have the same idea about keeping the f22 myself. They are already a 2.2 and they are in the middle of sporty and economical like I've said before but maybe the f22 with vtec if that's still the f22 might be sweet.
              But yes lotta maintenance work ahead of me mixed with a few good aftermarket replacements and yeah ima sucker for looks so wheels and stance will be a def. But if you read this thread I will be doing lotta good motor work and interior exterior work
              Iroooonnnnsleeeeevveeesss???? Low boosted f22 maybeeee

Comment

Where in Texas are you?
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7Legend2017 View Post
                  Yeah he had along of great points there. And that's what makes these cb7 as great as they are. Lotta freaking potential. Was going to get this one running as a dd buy a vtec 2nd motor b20 or h22 or even a k24 park it on a motor stand in my apt take it apart and build it crazy build maybe sponsored build with my compulsive decisions but with my practical beliefs is to put time money n effort in a newer more ideal track car with that power... As insane as a 24 psi boosted accord sounds....

I have the same idea about keeping the f22 myself. They are already a 2.2 and they are in the middle of sporty and economical like I've said before but maybe the f22 with vtec if that's still the f22 might be sweet.
                  But yes lotta maintenance work ahead of me mixed with a few good aftermarket replacements and yeah ima sucker for looks so wheels and stance will be a def. But if you read this thread I will be doing lotta good motor work and interior exterior work
                  Low boost on a F22a1 is usually said to be risky, because of weak piston rings. But I think I'm still gonna try it It's always recommended that you bore out the block a bit and put in at least forged pistons.

I wouldn't go so far to call our F22 sporty. Economical and reliable? Yes

I think F22B is very similar to the F22a, but with a small bump in power and sometimes VTEC. Not completely positive though. I know people say if you're going to do a motor swap, you might as well swap in a H22.
                  What people don't tell you is that H22s have FRM sleeves, and if you don't have a shop near you that will bore or sleeve your H22 FRM Sleeves, it can be really expensive. What I heard though.
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

My end goal, decided to build it up as much as NA possible... More air more exhaust more beefier internals. Weight reduction. Aftermarket suspension, maybe stance it just a lil bit. custom interior to coordinate with the custom paint. Custom audio and lighting. next to professional if I can't do it myself. Ill still dropp a couple gs on it but not going to spend 800 on a skunk2 intake. But if something presents itself reasonably yes sir. Maybe machine a couple thing. Maybe half wire tuck to clean the engine bay a little. Maybe a economical turbo( if there is such a thing) low boost 5 to 8 as I heard these things have iron sleeves and can handle it better than most.
                    Custom audio eh? So I'm a fan of horns. I had a set of Image Dynamics full bodies and B&C 8nw51 (Yes 8" woofers) in my CB. Completely rip your face off loud when you want it, subtle and detailed when you want it. That thing did music like no 6.5 and tweeter combination ever did.

The setup I had before then was three way with Dayton audio RS225 woofer, rs100 midrange and an LPG26na tweeter. This one was very good as well. It was actually clearer in the top end than the horn setup.

All this was powered by Eclipse amps and an 8053 HU at the time.

So what I would recommend now, because those setups were in my newbie audio phase, is Image Dynamics mini-horns if you can find them along with a high efficiency 6.5" and a ported 12" in a very nice, custom box. Easy, simple, loud enough...I can always go louder if you want

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

$5k budget for a free 92 EX coupe? HA! I sent less than that total and I had my 93 EX coupe for 7+ years. I was able to make it my own and make it last for that amount of money.

I would suggest doing any major maintenance/repairs right away. Then lower the car with some quality coilover or springs/struts. Maybe a good wheel/tire setup after. All depends what you want to do.
                      You can do alot with $5k on the cb7

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                      My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                      Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Boost on a stock block will fail. Probably sooner than later. The iron sleeves aren't bulletproof, as it's an open deck design. As GTRON said, the piston ring lands will be the first thing to break. You'll need forged pistons if you want any amount of boost to last long enough to make it worth the effort and expense. $5000 is VERY easy to spend, even exceed, when building a proper turbo engine.

Also, you're not getting a B20 in a CB7 without a good deal of custom work. B/D series engines aren't for us. K series costs a fair amount to do properly. H22 or properly boosted F22A would be my picks, personally. With your budget, a near-stock H22A would be ideal. Turbo is going to sap your entire budget, and you'll end up with a bare-bones build with a few cut corners even at that!

Comment

Working...
                        X