Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Amp Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp Problem

i have my amp set at minimum settings and when the bass hits the amp shuts off. could it be my ground

Yes

Yes it could

Comment

should that be the only problem i check

Comment

Check your voltige two and your positive connections if voltage drops below 8 volts your amp auto shuts off. I don't really think your amps that strong wattage wise but you never know. Of you have a loose + conection that two will make it shut off.I'd say most likely it's your ground....
        My 90 coupe Mr thread....
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Your subs coil might be messed up,slightly damaged then itll be a different impeadence then when it hits it throws the amp into protect mode. check your power connections esp your ground to the car, then check the sub with an ohm meter and its connections. turn the crossover frequency and gain to ½ for both and see if that helps then tweak from there

Comment

It could also be the fuse. My amp kept turning off because i was using the wrong voltage amp. Once i switched it, It never turned off on me again. Check the recommended voltage fuse for your amp.

Comment

so i was trying to google my amp and i couldnt find anything on it. i had my sub bridged and i unbridged it and its runninf fine at the moment but idk if itll stay they way i checked all my connections and there fine

Comment

sounds like you were running wrong impedance...

if you were running bridged at 2ohm on 1 or 2 subs on a bridge that only supports 4 ohms, the amp will drop into protect.

then when you unbridged them you were either running 2 ohms on a single 2 ohm stable channel (1 sub) or you had each channel set at 4 ohms on a 2/4 ohm stable channel (2 subs) the amp will stop dropping out, but you wont be seeing quite the same amount of power.

Comment

i have a 12" mtx thunder 5500 i think it peaks at 600w and its 4ohms i think the amp is 800 watts but im not sure since i cant find it on google

Comment

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
                    Check your voltige two and your positive connections if voltage drops below 8 volts your amp auto shuts off. I don't really think your amps that strong wattage wise but you never know. Of you have a loose + conection that two will make it shut off.I'd say most likely it's your ground....
                    my shit kept cutting off earlyer today but i figured out my issue. rf t1000.1bd + 3hp + decaf = wires vibrated loose on processor

Comment

so your sub disconnected your amp internally?

Comment

It's happened to me once exactly like you described . I think 80% is your sub .. Something wrong with the coil . I had to sell my sub and get a different one and the problem was solved . How about try ur amp with different sub ? Maybe you can borrow from ur friends then ?

Comment

Or you could pull out the good old volt meter and check to see if your subs at proper ohm load if your coil was shot it would rub. I rebuild subs trust me volt meter to your post and negative gets you ohm load. Your amp would go into protection not shut off.

I'm glad you found your problem.

Comment

i had a boss amp before but i liked the one i got because it had more settings to play with

Comment

Originally posted by CozmoCon View Post
                              i had a boss amp before but i liked the one i got because it had more settings to play with
                              Can't go wrong with more settings. That and boss isn't the best brand for amps so I'm shure what you got was a upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                              X