Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Dead motor,,,,,need help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead motor,,,,,need help....

Wus sup i just bought my 91 Accord 2 dr cp for $800 w/200k mi. COmming home on 110 i felt the power steering go out, and then about 5 miles down i hear this knocking so pull over. the CAR startes but it shakes and its knocking LIKE HELL still. i notice the beltes are all gone......

I guess i need a other motor.....

my ? is, is their anybody here in 310 area that can help me find a motor and put it in cheap... im not working now so i have to wait for the H swap... I just want to have a car again.

You bought the car and on the way home the engine blew? Peace

Keep an Eye on my Coupe. Click the Pic

Comment

www.nippon-motors.com

Comment

Want Ads always work, then theres this place in California.

www.haprecycling.com

If your gonna by and H22 down the road, try this place www.hmotorsonline.com

I've heard alot of great business from these guys.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

salvage yard? they'll probably have a cheap f22.
          Originally posted by deevergote
          ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
          Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
          Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
          04 WRX stg 2 sedan
          Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

too bad you're no where near Louisville Kentucky. theres a guy right now selling an F22A1 with 5spd tranny for only 350 bucks. the best part is that everything is rebuilt. i'd get it myself since i'm only 200 miles away but i really don't want to drive 400 miles.

Comment

you might wanna check the crankshaft pulley the bolt might have came loose and wobbled the belts off. something similar happened to me. Good luck with your ride.

Comment

the knockin sound like u aint had no oil in.. and the powersteering .. well.. yeah. ur belt fucked up.. but wait.. if the belt is fucked up it dont seem right that it could've fucked up ur engine. cuz the belt connect to the alternator and power steerring.. u could take that off and the engine should still run fine.. oh and the air condition.. so i think the engine fucked up cuz u got no oil.. and the steering wheel went out cuz u had no uh... belt grip? peace
                DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

well no power steering with engine running? means no belt
                  knocking? could be ur belt slapping around the engine bay.
                  check ur oil and does ur oil light comes on? if both fine then ur engine oil is good.

but one thing i have heard from before ur crank snapped so only one side works so maybe ur crank pully side is not running anymore. so it is a far shot but i heard that happen before....
                  1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Originally posted by nue_era
                    you might wanna check the crankshaft pulley the bolt might have came loose and wobbled the belts off. something similar happened to me. Good luck with your ride.
                    Thanks for all replys guys. I took down to a local machanic and he charged me a $160. he said that it needed a new crankshaft pully. im not sure if it needed to be replaced or just tighted. anyways 160 is better than getting a new motor......

Oh can anyone tell me how the crankshaft pully could have came loose.. i think it might the motor mounts because when im in 5th gear i can fell the shifter pull and push when ever i accelerate and decelerate..

Peace

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_starter
                      Thanks for all replys guys. I took down to a local machanic and he charged me a $160. he said that it needed a new crankshaft pully. im not sure if it needed to be replaced or just tighted. anyways 160 is better than getting a new motor......

Oh can anyone tell me how the crankshaft pully could have came loose.. i think it might the motor mounts because when im in 5th gear i can fell the shifter pull and push when ever i accelerate and decelerate..

Peace
                      That's normal dood. These car's are notorious for the rear mount. Front goes bad too but not as early as the rear. The crank pully bolt came lose from improper tourque. Someone had it off for whatever reason (timing belt) that sort of thing, and did not tighten it enough. My friend's 5th gen lude had the same problem. We tightened diesel u know but it still came loose like a week later. So we used a dab of lock tight and it was fine ever sicnce. If u do that don't use to much just like a drop. Kind of the size of an eye drop u know ?

Comment

Working...
                      X