• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
    This is what jchsmiley did with his.
    did you have to quote all the pics

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
      I think you may have an issue with those new shrouds. When i did my retrofit using the mini gatlings i had to trim them quite a bit to fit them inside the JDM bezel. With the gatling 2.0, being MUCH larger, you'll have a helluva time getting them in there unless you trim them down or cut a relief into the bezel itself.

Lookin' good so far though, man. Im bummed my CCFL rings broke. They're super fragile. I htink you made the right choice using LED rings.
      Hmmm Looking at your retrofit islandhopper, i see your projectors don't come flush with the edge of the shrouds too.....

Comment

After thinking about this retrofit for a really long time I've come to the conclusion that I will not be able to use the gatling gun shrouds and will have to use the minis. The only way I could use the gatling guns is if I cut them more which will then not allow the halo to attach or cut the headlight bezel which I do not want to do.

So I think I'll move on to the mini's and make these work, but I also cannot use the halos with these unless I come up with a way to fab a bracket.

Still thinking on all of this though.....

Comment

Ya, gatling guns are simply too big.

Mini's are easier to work with.

The best feeling in the world perfecting this!

Comment

I used the mini gatlin for mine. I was suprised how big they were. I still have to cut off a good bit of the shroud.

Make sure the shroud isn't touching the inside of the housing anywhere. Mine was and when I adjusted the cut off the damn shroud fell off inside the light.. Yeah I had to take apart the light and redo the shroud. I prob did something wrong but just thought I would pass that on. I ended up using a small amount of epoxy to secure it.

Looks good. You will love the light output. You'll wonder why this wasn't the first mod you ever did.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
              I used the mini gatlin for mine. I was suprised how big they were. I still have to cut off a good bit of the shroud.

Make sure the shroud isn't touching the inside of the housing anywhere. Mine was and when I adjusted the cut off the damn shroud fell off inside the light.. Yeah I had to take apart the light and redo the shroud. I prob did something wrong but just thought I would pass that on. I ended up using a small amount of epoxy to secure it.

Looks good. You will love the light output. You'll wonder why this wasn't the first mod you ever did.

steve
              Thanks man. Ya, its a tight squeeze so i'm going to epoxy the shroud to the projector before I put everything back together. So far the only two unknowns are where the rubber seals go for the projector (I took it all apart and can't remember) but should be easy to find out. And what voltage is needed to test the hi-beam shutter.
              Last edited by Raf99; 03-28-2014, 08:57 PM.

Comment

The other thing to note for JDM projectors is that halos won't work either. I have the 90mm ring and its too large to fit anywhere in the housing, behind the projector, behind the shroud, on top of the shroud (because the bezel goes on top) or anywhere really.

Comment

Comment

lookin good bro!
                    Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet View Post
                      lookin good bro!
                      Thanks man.

So the car goes to the body shop tomorrow for some surgery. I'm kind of nervous. But... let's keep working on it.

This is me replacing the relocated in-line fuse to the battery with a circuit breaker. This is what i use for my battery relocation setup from front to rear! Its 2 AWG orange welding wire, then I crimp and solder the ends on, heat shrink tubing on the end, inside plastic casing which is wrapped in electrical tape.

Comment

Well the lights are read to be put back together, but its the halos that I can't make up my mind about. I just.......... don't know what to do.

I do know I have one halo now. And I think ya'll agree that it would look dumb with only one halo in each light. So if I do go halo, then I'll do both sides.

They're would also have to be different size halos for low and high beam sides, I'll spare you the reasoning...

Last edited by Raf99; 04-05-2014, 12:35 PM.

Comment

lookin good!
                          Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet View Post
                            lookin good!
                            Thanks. And i decided to go with dual halos. It must be done. But a little more progress made.

Last edited by Raf99; 04-05-2014, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I also started to convert all my lower interior pieces to black

Comment

It feel so nice to finally have a shop work on your car that does it right! Professionally! I left this place with tears of joy! The last two times I had it to a shop for body work they fuc*ed me around and did crap work which they covered up with paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X