CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 05-25-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
cb7mick
Newcomer

cb7mick is cool... so far.
Rear defrost problem 1992 ex coupe

Hello, im hoping someone can point me in the right direction with this one...

Car - 1993 SE coupe

Problem -

The rear Defrost switch keeps blowing the #8 fuse in the underside dash fusebox, its the 7.5A "heater control relay/rear defroster relay" fuse

The fuse works fine when the actual defrost switch is unplugged, all the AC controls work, everything works etc, thats how i have it at the moment, unplugged, so i have no defrost. As soon as i plug the defrost switch in ( even if the switch is not depressed ) the fuse blows instantly, which then results in no HVAC/no defrost

So far i have unplugged the wires/terminals on the rear window itself trying to isolate the problem to the window perhaps, but the fuse still continues to blow once the switch is plugged in. I have tried replacing the actual defrost switch, replacing the #8 fuse under the dash , and also replacing the 40A rear defrost relay under the hood , but the problem still continues.

Could it have something to do with the Bose wiring for the stereo ? i am not sure what to do next, all the wires running to the defrost switch ( as far as i can see into the dash ) seem to be in good condition

All other electronics work on the car without any issues . Is there something i have missed? its getting colder and more icy where i live so living without a defrost is starting to become a problem

any insight would be really appreciated! thanks

Last edited by cb7mick; 05-25-2017 at 03:24 PM.
cb7mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:21 PM   #2
cb7mick
Newcomer

cb7mick is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7mick View Post
Hello, im hoping someone can point me in the right direction with this one...

Car - 1993 SE coupe

Problem -

The rear Defrost switch keeps blowing the #8 fuse in the underside dash fusebox, its the 7.5A "heater control relay/rear defroster relay" fuse

The fuse works fine when the actual defrost switch is unplugged, all the AC controls work, everything works etc, thats how i have it at the moment, unplugged, so i have no defrost. As soon as i plug the defrost switch in ( even if the switch is not depressed ) the fuse blows instantly, which then results in no HVAC/no defrost

So far i have unplugged the wires/terminals on the rear window itself trying to isolate the problem to the window perhaps, but the fuse still continues to blow once the switch is plugged in. I have tried replacing the actual defrost switch, replacing the #8 fuse under the dash , and also replacing the 40A rear defrost relay under the hood , but the problem still continues.

i am not sure what to do next, all the wires running to the defrost switch ( as far as i can see into the dash ) seem to be in good condition

All other electronics work on the car without any issues . Is there something i have missed? its getting colder and more icy where i live so living without a defrost is starting to become a problem

any insight would be really appreciated! thanks

EDIT- the car is a 1993 SE coupe not 92 ex as title says
cb7mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blow , defrost , fuse , problem , switch

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: