Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Which of these alarm would you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which of these alarm would you buy?

Hey guys,
    My car is a 90 Accord LX Sedan. This will be the first time that I am installing an alarm. I am pretty good with wiring and electronics. So I might take more time but I can do it.
    I have come down two system listed below. What I am looking for in an alarm other than the quality:
    1) 2 way remote and most importantly range. I see some off brand with 3000 ft range but I am afraid of the poorly translate install manual.
    2) Features expandability.
    3) Ease of install. Some alarm brain has relays build in rather having to spend on external relays and make it more cumbersome to install.
    4) Remote durability.
    5) Options cost. Some brand has has lots of options but the accessories cost an arm and a leg, if not more.
    What other essential options that you guys would recommend?

These two systems comes a little bit above $100 but if you could recommend some thing with the same features and the 5 listed items above for less cost, I am all ears. Any suggestions would be mostly appreciated.
    Here are my 2 options:
    -Viper Responder 350 2 way.
    -Audiovox APS997C.

What do you guys think about name brand refurbished systems? Any one with experience?

Thanks.

I would buy the viper alarm because they are known to make good alarms. And that one has a better feedback credibility of 104 to 4 reviewers.

Comment

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
      I have not put in that particular prestige alarm but I have sold and installed both brands i the past, I prefer the prestige.
      Would you tell me why you prefer the Prestige over the Viper?
      My other concern is the warranty b/c if I install it, there's no warranty. You know how electronics are with mass production? It can go bad right out of the box and you won't know until heavy usage. I had $600 server motherboards that were bad right out of the box.
      Those that install their own alarms, you guys ever had any warranty problem? Every one wants a stealth install but no body wants to pay $300 or more for one. It seems like Audiovox might warranty it if you install it yourself. You just need a receipt to get the warranty.
      I always wonder, if you need to send the brain in for warranty, would disconnect the brain make your car not drivable since it wire into the starter or ignition?
      Last edited by Bad_dude; 06-08-2012, 12:29 PM.

Comment

i've got a viper 2 way alarm and couldn't be happier

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
          i've got a viper 2 way alarm and couldn't be happier
          I have a Clifford OEM alarm system but I always wondered what 2 way is or 2 channel.

Anybody wanna lecture me on that plz

Can our Accords remote start since they're OBD1 ?
          10th Anniversary Accord.
          05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
            I have a Clifford OEM alarm system but I always wondered what 2 way is or 2 channel.

Anybody wanna lecture me on that plz

Can our Accords remote start since they're OBD1 ?

yeah u can put a remote start on anything pretty much even a 5 speed, but it is not allowed in some states. pretty much a 2 way alarm notifies you if someone is messing with your car and your not close enough to hear the alarm.

here's some info on it
            http://ezinearticles.com/?Two-Way-Car-Alarms&id=304095

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I just read the whole page and that's some cool stuff in there.

Now everytime i leave a door open and try to lock my car it beeps like 3 times and i know a door is open. I have not seen any other alarm systems that do that which is pretty cool.
              10th Anniversary Accord.
              05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Viper 350 Responder all the way.
                It's just so good, it's Viper. For the price you cannot beat it.
                Google on the alarm and you'll see.

Audiovox is basically no-name stuff, or at least all the products I've seen from them.
                Current:
                2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

It seems the majority says Viper brand but, its range is rather less than other brands. No warranty if you install it yourself, but this point is just about for all brand. They are some what harder to install compare to other brand. It's a hit and miss when it comes to brand preference I guess.
                  One point I notice is that for the same features and price, the Viper brand has about half the range. Any one has an input in this range issue?
                  Thanks.

Comment

It seems like any thing on DEI products that are new is hard to find the installation guide online. If I buy the product new, does the install guide comes in the box?
                    Thanks.

Comment

viper hands down. manuals are available only on dei site which you need a dei login. it should come with it. if you need one let me know I am a dei dealer. also i have a wire guide posted in the audio/electronics thread.

Member Ride Facebook
                      XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                      For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH View Post
                        viper hands down. manuals are available only on dei site which you need a dei login. it should come with it. if you need one let me know I am a dei dealer. also i have a wire guide posted in the audio/electronics thread.
                        I saw your guide. Thanks for the information. Do you have to be an installer/dealer to sign up? It seems like last time I tried, it requires your email to be in their system already. I can only find the user guide but nothing on the wiring diagram for the Viper 350 Responder.
                        Thanks.
                        Last edited by Bad_dude; 06-09-2012, 03:14 AM.

Comment

The Viper 350 Responder seems to be a good system but no trunk popper. But I think I could use one of the 2 aux channels. Too bad it has only 2. I need more in case I want to play with it in the future. Compustar got like up to 11 aux, read on one of them. But you have to buy the remote and antenna separately.
                          Last edited by Bad_dude; 06-11-2012, 01:14 AM.

Comment

What do you guys think about this AutoPage?

Comment

Working...
                            X