rattling noise then car wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rattling noise then car wont start

Hey guys ive been having an issue with my car.
    I had a new clutch,flywheel, oil pressure sensor, and axle installed last week. It was driving fine until i turned it on one day and heard a really loud rattling noise. After driving a little it got very very weak. I was giving a lot of gas but it wouldnt go past about 15mph. I pulled over into a gas station and cut it off but now it wont start.

The.starter is cranking fine and it sounds like its out of gas but it has a half tank. I thought it may be a clutch sensor but that would mean the starter wouldnt even crank at all right?
    I m sure it has something to do with the work i had done the week before since the mechanic has always had a bad reputation in my family. (i only wemt to him because my dad made me)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
    Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

could it be a fuel pump?
    when i came back to the car later that night with the tow truck, it started but cut off less than 5 seconds later.

Comment

No CEL(Check Engine Light)? or Oil Pressure Light on ?
      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
      Originally posted by deevergote
      den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
        No CEL(Check Engine Light)? or Oil Pressure Light on ?
        No neither. I think it may be timing because now it wont even crank

Comment

The way I have checked a fuel pump is to loosen the fuel line at the tb. Get someone else to turn the car over and look at the fuel line. You should fuel spraying out where you have the line loose. Make sure to not let it start!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

Originally posted by Pali_Mo View Post
            No neither. I think it may be timing because now it wont even crank
            You're just having all sorts of issues!

Check for battery voltage. It's easy.
            Check for fuel by taking out a spark plug and cranking it. It fuel shoots out, there you go.
            (Also if after cranking with spark plugs in, take them out and see if it's wet inside)
            Check for spark by grounding that plug and seeing if it sparks.

Report back with your findings.
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Also check your grounds. That mechanic removed a lot of stuff to do that work.
              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Wow. All these posts and nobody has mentioned the timing belt??

Check your engine belt timing. Its very possible that the timing belt jumped a tooth or two, and may have caused the valves to contact the pistons, bending them just enough to cause a loss in power, and eventaully the no run condition. Generally if the belt has jumped enough to cause the valves to bend I would imagine the timing would be so far out that the engine wouldnt run anyway, but before you spend a bunch of time looking at other stuff, take a look at the physical engine timing first.

Also on a later post you said it wont even crank. As in wont turn over anymore? Then definatly the possiblilty of a slipped timing belt could be the problem.
                ON_N20
                Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

Originally posted by ON_N20 View Post
                  Wow. All these posts and nobody has mentioned the timing belt??

Check your engine belt timing. Its very possible that the timing belt jumped a tooth or two, and may have caused the valves to contact the pistons, bending them just enough to cause a loss in power, and eventaully the no run condition. Generally if the belt has jumped enough to cause the valves to bend I would imagine the timing would be so far out that the engine wouldnt run anyway, but before you spend a bunch of time looking at other stuff, take a look at the physical engine timing first.

Also on a later post you said it wont even crank. As in wont turn over anymore? Then definatly the possiblilty of a slipped timing belt could be the problem.
                  I think he mentioned that it might be the timing.

Actually he did, and you both pointed out that that would cause it not to crank.
                  How does this work? The starter is connected to the bottom half of the motor. That part would still crank.
                  MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                    I think he mentioned that it might be the timing.

Actually he did, and you both pointed out that that would cause it not to crank.
                    How does this work? The starter is connected to the bottom half of the motor. That part would still crank.
                    Not if the timing belt broke ... I had my belt snap and snap the balance shaft belt right after, it wedged it self in the bottom crank pulley preventing the engine from turning over... which in turn was a good thing cause the idiot tow truck driver keep trying to start it (I wasn't there) so when i took it all apart put new belt on, i got lucky and it did not bent the valves... that was 8 months ago... still running strong.

Sorry for the thread jack story... moral is, check your timing belt it might have broken. if it did it wasn't the mechanics fault...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. It was the timing and I sold that piece of shit.

Comment

Working...
                      X