No announcement yet.

over heating dionostic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block test? Never heard of that, but will do the research thanks.

Comment

k, just utube it. Interesting, gonna see my other options. Thanks

Comment

Just did the research "Blue Devil" sealant.
        Another option would be a new engine, my cast iron is rotted away and will not matt tightly with the main gasket (hypothetically).
        Another hypothetical theory? I may need to take the head off. I never had it resurface by a machine shop before I slap it on the engine.
        That's where Im at, need to test and work out the problem before I throw money at this issue blindly. I don't wanna do guessing work here.

Comment

This weird, but am OK. Woke up early this morning to run some errands, it was 61degrees, the car ran flawless. I did not have to run the a/c, ran about twenty miles. My needle was normal, fans working.
          I think my cylinder head and gasket are ok, its got be.
          Say later on the day I ended up running more errands for my wife around town, mostly stop & go. Ran good like for the first five miles, but as the day went along it got hot and turn on my a/c. No issues, both fans are working, I can see my temp needle slightly move up slightly and then adjust to normal temp, Im assuming my T-stat is open and closing accordingly.
          Maybe past Noon, we hit pick hours of heat wave for the day, we hit 91 degrees. My car started to heat up going red line. Im keeping my schedule running errands, car ran good even on redline. Got home my reservoir was full of hot coolant, and my fan was on. I let the car cool down and the reservoir coolant got suck back into the radiator. Also, notice top rad hose was hard and inflated and the bottom was soft and not as hot.
          Sorry to make this long but Im working the issue. I year and half I had a leak, I don't recall exactly where the leak was located, but I ended up pouring Paprika powder a few time in my rad out of desperation. That crap is nasty it plug everything up, saw a lot gunk build up on my old water pump when I did my timing belt, my IAC valve small hoses were plug up. Last month I took my head off I had a lot of left over Paprika crap and a lots rust/corrosion water jackets, had to preplace the cross over bar, and water T-stat housing.
          I never did a flush, my rad maybe plug.
          So that's were Im at. Do get at me if you got any positive feedback.
          Thanks

Comment

Im gonna double check my A/C fan and my new cheap ass O'Reilly's T-stat tomorrow.
            Last edited by laloquera; 06-18-2015, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Update! My a/c fan is not turning on. A/C fan did turn on when I connected directly to the battery but it seems to run abit constricted. Put the A/C on to full high and never came on.
              Also I check the relay fan, swap out the window relay, both identical, they seem to check out.
              Still gonna pop out the t-state to boil it and double check it.
              Thants where I am at?

Comment

Update, got my A/C fan to turn on, swapt out both relays next to the cruise control. It still heated up, both hoses are inflated. My passenger fan did not kick on when it reach normal temp, but it did turn on after I turn off the car.
                Don't everyone get at me at once.

Comment

Update! Fucken nailed this job, yeah! I had a dead coolant sensor (no ohms/resistance), the one on the T-housing and a scorch cylinder relay found next to the cruise control. I by passed all sensors with a paper clip. A/C fan kick on once I replace the relay, tore open the old one and it fried.
                  I think Im gonna re do my base timing and ignition timing, have a feeling it maybe off.
                  Dudes!, do your research and work the problem. I knew it was not my head gasket, the signs were not there, thats when I decided to get to work.
                  Thanks for ur support & keep having fun wrenching.

Comment

I'm confused. Why haven't you done the head gasket?

Comment

last update. I swap out my short block and had my head milled.

Comment

Compression test on all four cylinder. My numbers are good, wet and dry. Im still at WTF Im at with this car. Still heating up and Im having a hard cold start up in the mornings. No leaks, my reservoir over flows, does boil over. Help anyone.
                        Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X