RIP Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Top Gear

Clarkson was dropped from Top Gear. On one hand I'm sad that this is how Top Gear ended. On the other hand, I don't blame the BBC for dropping someone who got physical with another employee.

Hopefully the three of them go to another network and keep things going.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

There ends the longest continuous running show in history. Why Clarkson, why? It looks as though things weren't as they seemed on the big screen, although it seems as though he could be prone to having trouble controlling his anger. The only potential saving grace here is that he turned himself in, and the victim did not file a formal complaint.

They're welcome to come take over for our US Top Gear guys. It's not that I don't like the three of them, it's that I don't like the scripts. Just let the three guys talk naturally!
    Last edited by af_1132; 03-25-2015, 11:15 AM.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I guess I didn't hear what happened. But I love Top Gear UK. Much better than the US version. Only reason I watch it is because of Tanner Foust.

Comment

I think the reason the US Top Gear is no where near as good as the UK version is the political correctness censors and the insurance agencies. You think that the network would let them drive a 3 story camper down public roads, hell no. Even if the UK guys came to the US show, it would still not improve the US version in any way because of the number crunchers.
        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I'm a HUGE fan of UK Top Gear. Have every season and love them all!
          It is a shame that it has ended but it had to happen eventually. Plus things were starting to dry up and car reviews were getting really bla.

Comment

I'm sure your right XCRN. Although the hosts are not the reason why I don't think the US version makes a good show.

Comment

Top Gears not dead, its not going anywhere. Its a big hit worldwide. Clarkson may have sacked him self fundamentally for whatever reason. But it will continue either without him or the 3 of them on another channel.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
              UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
              NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

that is true. go to any job and punch upper management.. see how fast you are gone ( and possibly arrested).

I didn't care too much for the show howeber it was nice seeing the few episodes that i did see.

since the others threatened to leave too... notice who's not apart of that... The Stig!

Comment

I've been watching this show since about season 5, and I've been wondering these last couple years how much longer they would keep it going. Still, I was disappointed to hear this. I didn't even bother to get cable in my current place because I don't care to watch TV, but I kept up with Top Gear. I wonder what it'll be like now, if James and Richard stick on.

And, lolz:

http://enthusiastapparel.com/collect...-back-clarkson

Maybe Jeremy will bring back Fifth Gear? Tiff and Vicky used to be on TG before the airport format, after all, and one of TG's magazine writers (I want to say his name is Tom Ford) was a 5G presenter for a while.
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-25-2015, 06:10 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Top Gear UK is the best car show ever in my opinion. TOP Gear US. I don't watch it because it sucks. TOP Gear US may have been a good show if it had another name. After watching the UK version, the US version is like watching paint dry. Lol.

1991 Accord LX .

Comment

^ The first season was pretty bad, but they were still getting comfortable and a lot of the dialogue seemed forced. I've enjoyed the rest, so far.

But I'm a fan of Tanner Foust anyway. Great driver, and he hosted a car show before Top Gear that was pretty good.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The show was great and all but they still left some good cars out. The adventure watching them do things with cars or participate on their journey on giving us insight on certain cars I'll never forget.

Comment

The 3 should try and go on Netflix. It seems like the Netflix Originals do not have the censors or rules that conventional networks have in place for "our protection".

Comment

I'm watching it right now

The show isn't done. They're looking for Clarkson's replacement. From what I've read so far, Hammond and May have not yet confirmed whether or not they're staying or going. I'm hoping they go. Even if we never see the three of them together again, I don't think I could bear seeing Hammond and May palling around with some new bloke.
                            Of course, if they do end up replacing all 3 presenters, it's very likely that the show won't survive beyond one season or so. The car aspect of the show is cool, obviously... but the chemistry between the presenters is what makes it what it is. If the three of them go elsewhere, the fans will follow.

Clarkson definitely brought it on himself. He's clearly a pompous ass. A selfish, self-centered, egotistical, entitled snob with too much money and too high an opinion of himself. I could imagine he's a terror to work with, unless you're able to just shrug off his obnoxiousness. For that same reason, though, he's just so much fun to watch!
                            The BBC's decision to let him go was certainly justified. Unfortunate for fans, but they didn't have much choice otherwise.

Comment

Clarkson might be a right ass hole but I do not think he is the first to be violent, which makes me wonder what started the argument.

Comment

Working...
                              X