remember me or the car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remember me or the car?

whats up guys! So I've been on this forum since the beginning (2003) went through countless times with this forum and built 2 cb7s. a 91 sedan and a 92coupe. I totaled my 91 and purchased a 92 in 06. Built it for show and i had a full blown show car in 2007. ANYWAY, back in feb 2008, I sold that cb. A lot of heart and soul put on to it. Recently, I got in touch with the guy I sold it to a few days ago through this website. He PM'd me back in feb, and I barely logged in the other day. It's soo long that we forgot each others names lol.

Usually when someone buys a car, they do whatever they can with it. Change it up to make it "their car" and not be know as "hey thats so n sos car!" or sell it to someone else.

So after some catching up, he showed me some pictures of the car. And it looks almost exactly the same as i day i sold it to him! Yet, the body is in great condition. I've never owned a car more than 7 years, but this guy did! Soo I am actually thankful that this guy kept it and tastefully chose a good wheel set up. Much kudos to this guy! heres a before when i had it, and all the IG is the current way it sits.

Nope don't remember you at all. Lol j/m that's awesome the guy hasn't ruined your work of art.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 04-27-2015, 09:25 AM.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I haven't been on here long enough to remember you but very nice cb7 loving the deep cherry red paint . BTW how much did you sell it to this guy for? Lol

Comment

yooo whats up jed! glad to hear youre doing well, and that the car is alive and kicking and as good as ever. of course you told him that whenever he decides to get rid of it that youd buy it back, right??? lol

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Wow, very nice! It's so rare to see a nice car change hands and not be completely ruined!
          I always loved that car. I don't normally like red cars, but something about that paint is just magical. Always liked the red car better than the gold one, honestly.

Comment

I wouldn't have changed it either.
            My Car
            FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I remember looking through your build thread. Glad to see that car is still very very clean.
              STUFF FOR SALE!!!
              1992 Accord Lx.
              1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Was this the one you got painted in Mexico for next to nothing?

Looks great then and still looks great now.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                  Nope don't remember you at all. Lol j/m that's awesome the guy hasn't ruined your work of art.
                  Lol you silly goose! thanks!

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
                  I haven't been on here long enough to remember you but very nice cb7 loving the deep cherry red paint . BTW how much did you sell it to this guy for? Lol
                  I sold it for $2500. Came with the jdm headlights, omni coilovers(uber rare now), Candy paint job, Red and white tails. Other than that, everything else was stock.

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  yooo whats up jed! glad to hear youre doing well, and that the car is alive and kicking and as good as ever. of course you told him that whenever he decides to get rid of it that youd buy it back, right??? lol
                  Haha whats up dude! yeah im still kickin, gone through a ton of cars already. Looks like you still holding it down out here! I told the new owner to donate it to you or deev when he decides to get rid of it. lol. I can't do cb7s anymore, I've learned a lot from it though and gained friends that til today i still keep in touch with or occasionally hang out with. Even my coworker is a fellow cb7tuner from back in the days!

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Wow, very nice! It's so rare to see a nice car change hands and not be completely ruined!
                  I always loved that car. I don't normally like red cars, but something about that paint is just magical. Always liked the red car better than the gold one, honestly.
                  The gold car was just a bunch of experiments put together. But its still my first love. I just used that platform and knew what not to do to my 92. lol. The funny thing is, after owning a 4 door, i hated 2 doors and said id stay sedans forever. But every car after that were all coupes. 92coupe > prelude > g37S coupe > s2000 > G37S coupe lol.

I still have my calendar hanging in my room on top of my computer. so i still see my cb everyday.

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                  Was this the one you got painted in Mexico for next to nothing?

Looks great then and still looks great now.
                  thank you sir! yeah my gold sedan was an $800 paint job, and this candy paint job was $1500. The candy paint wasn't the best, it had some candy red fade here and there and you were able to see the gold base (you can see it on that guys ig pics on the door mouldings). I thought the car would look like a leopard after all these years, but surpsingly it held up. I supplied the paint and used the top of the line ppg paint back then. I think when i got it done in Tijuana, they didnt mix the ratios right.

Originally posted by FamousFreak View Post
                  I remember looking through your build thread. Glad to see that car is still very very clean.
                  Thank you! yeah i've actually gone a long way since then. Still learning now.

Comment

Working...
                  X