Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

6 spd civic???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 spd civic???

ok i know that this is a cb7 forum...but i overheard some kid talking about getting a 1999 honda civic si with a 6spd manual transmission...but the car still had the b16a in it...and according to the kid the transmission was not custom...i dont believe it would be possible to fit a k20 or k24 transmission onto a b16...and i dont believe that honda makes any other front wheel drive 6 spd trannies...correct me if im wrong...i just wanted to hear others opinions...i think this kid is just blowing smoke out his ass to try and sound cool...also the car can supposedly run 8s in the quater...i just kinda laughed at him...

dudes bullsh*tin
    "it's gettin there"

Comment

thats what i thought man

Comment

8's in a quarter!!!! That kid is 1337!!

He might've been able to do it in this: http://www.neatorama.com/2006/04/07/...eeder-replica/

Comment

Most likely no unless they made an adapter plate for a 99 si for the k20 tranny but that still wouldnt work.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

8 sec e.t.?

RICE COOKA!!

Comment

I can see 8sec in the 1/8th, but quarter....

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

i have the fact to back up the fact that this sob is b/s'n u....think about this..stephen papdakis was the first or one of the first guys to propel a civic into the 9's now keep in mind this is a pro drive with the best that AEM has tuning his car which mind you is a fibergalss sheel around a shipped out chassis. to my knowledge i've never heard of an 8 second pass in a FF car turbo or N/A because of traction problems, that and if indeed god did bestow this bastard child with a one of a kind 6spd that would mean shorter gears and more shifting which means less on the gas which equals bad 1/4 times. let him chew on that if you ever see him again

-sean
                Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

tell the kid thats what you run in airforce ones. lol
                  my 91 cb7
                  Originally posted by 4doorfury
                  I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

it's possible to put a k20 motor in a 99 civic si
                    ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IF YOU HAVE MONEY!
                    i got some stock honda civic si turboz

Comment

but other than that the dude is lying about the b16 with 6 speed
                      i got some stock honda civic si turboz

Comment

the kid said it didnt have a k20...and that it had the original b16...but hey the kid probably doesnt even know what a k20 is...this kid was also saying some other BS but its too stupid to put...people like that give real tuners a bad name...

Comment

i dono wtf you guys are talking about 8seconds comes stock in honda.. VTAK ftw!!!
                          Last edited by EuroSpec; 04-09-2006, 07:00 PM.

Comment

the k series tranny on the b series the kid is bull shitting you though you did forget one 6 speed tranny, the j30 out of the accords

Comment

Originally posted by Chance
                              the k series tranny on the b series the kid is bull shitting you though you did forget one 6 speed tranny, the j30 out of the accords
                              ^^ owned by a pontiac owner...

Comment

Working...
                              X