Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
    Honda Accord Euro-R
    Honda Odyssey Absolute
    Honda City I-DSi
    Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
      I honestly don't think the blocks are different. The ECU's are totally different for the F20B auto and manual.

Also on other Accord and Prelude forums, those who have been dyno tuning them have been yielding similar numbers.
      I would think the camshafts would also be a little different... Who knows, though.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        I would think the camshafts would also be a little different... Who knows, though.
        yup your right deev the cams, injectors, and TB are different, dunno what size the injectors are but ive herd 240cc for the auto and 290/310 for the manual

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
        1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335
          the blocks are different

the F20b is a short stroke, the H23 is a longer stroke H22

choose ur poison bro..
          Between F20B auto and manual....

Comment

An interesting point that many of you over looked is the fact that the VTEC found on the H23 motors is not the performance type like our beloved H22. It only has VTEC on the intake side and is the same VTEC found on the F22xx engines...
            FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Ew. Screw that!

Comment

Originally posted by cb7-R
                An interesting point that many of you over looked is the fact that the VTEC found on the H23 motors is not the performance type like our beloved H22. It only has VTEC on the intake side and is the same VTEC found on the F22xx engines...
                Another interesting point that can be overlooked is that it has more HP/TQ than any other available engine in stock form.

Comment

Where did you pull that fact from? I'm not quite sure Honda could get 200+ hp out of intake only VTEC, when the regular H23 only has 160hp. I'm pretty sure it's EXACTLY like the H22 head.
                  Originally posted by sweet91accord
                  if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I think it may be... Honestly, putting VTEC on just one cam is kinda dumb... though I can't say for sure. never saw one in person!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
                      I would be a big fan of the H23A VTEC but if you ever run into engine problems and have to rebuild you're looking at another engine pretty much. Most of the rotating assembly is one-off. That crank, many think to be the same thing that came in an H23A1 just because of the 95mm stroke. It's different because this one shares the 55mm mains as the other H engines of that time. Also, finding FRM-friendly pistons at that compression height and volume is impossible unless you bought from Honda of Japan. Maybe a minuscule thing to think about but something nonetheless. All in all, it still has my vote.
                      Well, you could always get an H22 made after 98 ( since they have 55mm mains) and stroke the crank, get custom pistons ( with higher compression height to allow a longer rod) custom rods and wallah....
                      or get a F23 ( has 55mm mains) and over bore 1mm , get a h22 crank and get it stroked tp 95 ( or whatever you want) and some custom pistons ( blah, blah...) and H22 head.
                      That's what I will end up doing
                      Life is wide, limitless. There is no border, no frontier ~ Bruce
                      My Page!

Comment

So, in looking for another route other than the H22, it looks like the H22 is, overall, in my case, the better option. The AT H22 is only gonna put out 190hp, or 195 if i wanna do the obd2 conversion, but otherwise, im looking at about 190hp. Maybe a lil less do to the variables in my car/that particular engine, etc. But with a regular, or chipped, p13(or, i wanna say, p28 or p72??) and a few bolt-ons(i/h/e)i could get close to, if not, 200hp. And if i wanted to add more or do more, i could.

If i were into building up engines on my own or doing "unheard of" things to an engine, than an F20b or H23 VTEC project would be a good idea, but for now im really just looking for a good swap that i can afford and not have to go far and wide to really beef up.

But i think, all-in-all, i'll really end up going with the H22.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

its kinda funny that if you but LS rods and crank into a gsr motor (ls is dohc gsr is dohc vtec) you come out to a 1.9 liter vtec engine \\
                          ]

Comment

F22 crank and rods in an H22 makes for a 2.3L

Comment

Working...
                            X