Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what other suspension items should i replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 12 ton press, so I've been able to remove and replace OEM bushings in control arms. I have done bushings (lower rear shock bushing in the knuckle) on the car. I used a hole saw to cut out the rubber part of the bushing, a sawzall to cut the metal shell, a punch to knock the shell out, then a large threaded rod with a variety of washers, sockets, etc. to pull the new bushing into place.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      I have a 12 ton press, so I've been able to remove and replace OEM bushings in control arms. I have done bushings (lower rear shock bushing in the knuckle) on the car. I used a hole saw to cut out the rubber part of the bushing, a sawzall to cut the metal shell, a punch to knock the shell out, then a large threaded rod with a variety of washers, sockets, etc. to pull the new bushing into place.
      I think I might be better off buying entire part or paying a shop to do those bushings. I dont have half that stuff, especially the press. I can do the cv axle i think and of course the rear upper control arm.

Comment

Working...
      X