Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New member from Europe saying hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I believe you can still buy the arches.

The color is Cobalt Blue. We have it here in the US, but it’s one of the less common colors. I always liked it.
    Yes, I love that colour also. It has a pearl effect whereby it looks like black in the shade and metalic deep blue in direct sunlight. Surprising that at that age Honda was already painting with Pearl effect.

I have at least 2 Accords now in that colour and recently a 91 Prelude in that colour.
    Rides:

Accord
    92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
    95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
    91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by NolsAccord_CC1 View Post
      For now, I haven't got a lot of time for this car because I got a lot to do in and around the house and we have a little baby, so updates will be slow coming. But I hope to have most projects done by next year and that's when I really want to take my time to make some progress on this car. So I have plenty of time to do my research and plan this build.
      Only my suggestion, as you are an owner of an old car and a rare old car at that (being a coupe) I would just restore and maintain it as oem as possible.

Use the time and available funds on getting back up replacement parts (tail lights, head lights, door handles, bumpers etc) to ensure longevity of your car.

I personally would not want to invest so much in modifying my car only to have a minor accident or suffer a normal wear item that should be fixable easily but now need to wait indefinitely because the replacement part is hard to come by. Eg. turn signal lens, door mirror, window master switch, front grill etc.

In short i advise you to hoard parts as first priority... lol.. My advise only.
      Last edited by JDMDriver; 01-26-2018, 12:55 AM.
      Rides:

Accord
      92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
      96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
      88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
      95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
      91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

I have to say that the paint and the interior are growing on me. I am looking for a parts car and used parts. Thx for the advise.
        It's hard thinking about my car and what i want to do with it but not having much time to work on it.

Comment

A few days ago my garage bought a 91 4door for some parts they needed for a customer. So i went there looking for a gauge cluster (mine is burnt) but it had 2 connectors that are not the same as on my car. It doesn't have abs and srs and mine does.
          This car was pretty much gone so didn't find much. Took some parts though:

Does anyone know if its possible to put the chrome brackets on my sunvisors?

I also bought a used intake and a upper part of a exhaust manifold today:

Comment

Those sun visors look like what a DX model would have here in the US. I can pull some way nicer ones with vanity mirrors in them. Shipping small items to Europe can’t be that bad. PM me if ya need some goodies US guys like me come across every week. Love the coupe. Every time I see this thread. Also the flat molding I’m referring to is the side fender, door & quarter moldings. In the US we have some crap that pokes out further. It’s not flat across the width like your is.
            5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

NH-503P-3: after looking at this 91 4-door I now know what you mean. I was quite shocked to see there are so many differences with mine. Actually i have been searching eBay for some parts we don't have here. I will pm you about it. Thanks

Comment

Today I got some more parts from the 91 4-door:
                Front left and right brakelines and the 2 brakelines from the master cylinder to the prop valve. Also got the prop valve itself, maybe to use the bracket. The car still had the engine in it so it took me almost 3 hours to get everything out. I ended up cutting the heater hoses and forced the clutch line out of the way. I also took off the master cylinder, fuel feed line, throttle cable etc to get the lines out. I'll be doing the abs delete when i got more time.

I have been reading on the installation of DA integra 40/40 prop valves but found a whole lot of contradicting information. What i believe to be correct is that you mount the 40/40 valve in the same way as the non-abs Accord valve. This means the mount on the 40/40 valve is on the wrong side. You then connect the brakelines in the same position as on the non-ABS accord. Is this correct? I found some photo's online where they discribe where each line goes but it's different to the non-ABS accord.

DA integra 40/40 prop valve on the left (got it from eBay). 91 Accord 30/30 prop valve on the right. They are positioned jus like they are mounted in the engine bay.
                Last edited by NolsAccord_CC1; 03-09-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Wow, good job pulling out those hard lines from a CB with the engine still in!
                  I wish I would have gotten Accord lines for my ABS Delete.

But, regarding what you are saying about contradictions you are right about the bracket. It is going to be on the oppisite side compared to the Accord's bracket position. It won't matter about bolting the bracket up because those hard lines are already bent in place so you just screw in all the lines & you should be good to go.

I found an actual service manual online that shows where all the lines go for both a Non-ABS Accord as well as an ABS Brake Accord to compare.

Just google 40/40 Prop Valve & you should be able to find a diagram for which hardline goes to which hole on the prop valve.
                  Keep Pushing..

Comment

Yesterday I went parts picking again. It was below freezing and there was a lot of wind, very few people where outside but I was crazy enough to get what I needed. It took 3 hours and I was extremely happy to get back to my car.
                    I got some parts for a member and a gauge cluster for my car. I will have to repin the upper and left connector because they are different. Has anyone ever done this? Do i just swap the wires to where the corresponding color goes on the other cluster? The left connector has the same number of and colors of wires. The right one is the same and just plugs in. The upper one has a different plug and totally different places where the wires go. I hope I can pull it off. I have never done anything like this. Can someone help me a little here?

I want to do this for 2 reasons: my pcb is burnt and this one has no srs and abs lights. I think it would be cool that there will be no trace of srs and abs when the delete is done.

Here are some pics:

Comment

Hold up.

Hold up. Is that a junked S2000 and an FN2 Civic Type R in that yard? and I spy a 2nd gen Honda Legend!
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

It's a turbo fn2 type R.
                        This shop is specialized in Honda swaps, turbo and NA builds. They even had there own racing team in the past. They got many wrecked type R's and s2000's for the parts. The guy tried talking me into a K swap but i love the F and want to do everything myself. This car is all about me doing the things i never had the money, knowhow and time for in the past. I know it's costing me money and i will screw up some times but it's all part of the learning proces, right?
                        Like the upper header. I cleaned it and even dremeled out some welds that protruded on the inside but when i wanted to put it on, it didn't fit. The guy i bought it from said it just bolted up to the stock downpipe but it doesn't. Now the threads of the bolts are stripped Also the holes for the header bolts are 12mm instead of 9. While this isn't a big issue i think this shows it's just a poor product. I'll learn, eventually

Comment

Don’t sweat it Niels. I’ve bought allot of things for my car twice. Broken good stuff twice. Replaced the same parts twice. Lol. It’s all part of owning an older car that you’re firmly attached to. The car will come out good one way or the other.
                          5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Today I swapped the cb3 gauge cluster. I depinned the cb3 A and C connectors and put them on my harness. Some things worked but most not. So I pulled it out again. Seems I got the A connector backwards. I put it back in but still some things didn't work. After a couple more tries i finally found out there where bad connections because of corrosion. I cleaned the copper surfaces on the pcb and swapped some parts of my old cluster and finally everything worked. It took me about 5 or 6 hours. But i'm happy.
                            The only downside is that I recently got the chrome rings around the gauges installed on my coupe cluster. Probably gonna order a new set. Stinkin expensive though.

Last saturday was a sunny day so I took the car for a quick wash and visited my body guy. Rear arches for the CB are discontinued so he ordered 94 arches. We hope they look alike and can easily be made to fit. I had a blast driving the car again, makes me dream what it would be like when i'm finished with it.

Last edited by NolsAccord_CC1; 04-04-2018, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X