Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anyone else tired of gas prices check out this upgrade I found.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else tired of gas prices check out this upgrade I found.

(Not sure if this should be posted here) Let me know what you think of this I have all the information for it this is just the general idea.

Run Your Car On Water

You Will Need:
    plastic water tank with pump and level sensor.
    control circuit, wiring, connectors, and epoxy.
    reaction chamber with electrodes and fittings.
    3/8" stainless steel flex-tubing, fittings and clamps.
    carb/FI vapor-pressure fitting kit. - pressure, CHT (or EGT), & level gauges.
    stainless steel valves.
    copper mesh junction.
    ceramic surface treatment for cylinders & pistons.
    stainless steel or ceramic treated exhaust assembly.

BASIC TOOLS
    drill, screwdriver and pliers
    hole cutter
    wire-wrap, solder-iron and clippers
    DVM and oscilloscope.

REACTION CHAMBER

Construct as shown in the diagrams. Use a section of 4" PVC waste pipe with a threaded screw-cap fitting on one end and a standard end-cap at the other. Make sure to drill-andepoxy or tap threads thru the PVC components for all fittings. Set and control the water level in the chamber so that it well submerses the pipe electrodes; yet leave some headroom to build up the hydrogen/oxygen vapor pressure. Use stainless steel wires inside the chamber or otherwise use a protective coating; use insulated wires outside. Ensure that the epoxy perfects the seal, or otherwise lay down a bead of water-proof silicone that can hold pressure.

The screw fitting may require soft silicone sealant, or a gasket; its purpose is to hold
    pressure and allow periodic inspection of the electrodes. No leaks, no problems. Make sure you get a symmetric 1-5mm gap between the 2 stainless steel pipes. The referenced literature suggests that the closer to 1mm you get, the better. You will want to get your chamber level sensor verified before you epoxy the cap on.

Make your solder connections at the wire/electrode junctions nice, smooth, and solid; then apply a water-proof coating, e.g. the epoxy you use for joining the pipes to the screw cap. This epoxy must be waterproof and be capable of holding metal to plastic under pressure. You will want to get your chamber level sensor verified before you epoxy the cap on.

CONTROL CIRCUIT

The diagrams show a simple circuit to control and drive this mini-system. You are going to make a 'square-pulse' signal that 'plays' the electrodes like a tuning fork; which you can watch on an oscilloscope. The premise given by the literature is: the faster you want do go down the road, the 'fatter' you make the pulses going into the reaction chamber. Duty cycle will vary with the throttle in the vicinity of 90%MARK 10%SPACE (OFF/ON).

There is nothing sacred about how the pulse waveform is generated; there are many ways to generate pulses, and the attached diagrams show a few. The diagram shows the NE555-circuit approach from the referenced patent. The output switching transistor must be rated for 1-5 amps @ 12VDC (in saturation).

Go with a plan that works for you or your friendly neighborhood technoid or mechanic, and go get all the circuit elements from your local electronics store, such as Radio-Shack or Circuits-R-Us, including the circuit board, IC sockets, and enclosure/box.

DigiKey has better selection, service, and knowledge; plus they have no minimum order. Be sure to use a circuit board with a built-in ground plane, and to accommodate room for mounting 2 or 3 of the gauges. Mounting the reaction chamber in the engine compartment will require running a stub to your pressure gauge where you can watch it.
    You can easily make 30-gauge wire-wrap connections between the socket pins and thruhole discrete components having wire leads. Also make sure to get spec sheets on any IC you use. More details of the best circuits to use will be announced pending prototype testing. You will want to get your chamber level sensor verified before you epoxy the cap on.

Throttle Control

If you have a throttle position sensor, you should be able to access the signal from the sensor itself OR from the computer connector. This signal is input to the circuit as the primary control (i.e. throttle level = pulse width = vapor rate).

If you don't have such a signal available, you will have to rig a rotary POT (variable
    resistor) to the gas linkage (i.e. coupled to something at the gas pedal or throttle cable running to the carb or FI. If you make the attachment at the carb/FI, be sure to use a POT that can handle the engine temp cycles. Don't use a cheezy-cheapy POT; get one rated for long life and mechanical wear; mount it securely to something sturdy and stationary that will not fall apart when you step on the gas.

Control Range. The full throttle RANGE (idle-max) MUST control the vapor rate, i.e. pulsewidth (duty). The resistor values at the throttle signal must allow the throttle signal voltage, say 1-4 Volt swing, to drive the VAPOR RATE. You will be using this voltage swing to generate a 10% ON 'square' pulse. The patent implies using a 'resonant' pulse in the 10-250 KHz frequency range; but it is not explicitly stated so.

In this circuit, you will simply tune to whatever frequency makes the most efficient vapor conversion. You will have to get into the specs for each IC you use, to insure you connect the right pins to the right wires, to control the frequency and pulse width. You can use spare sockets to try out different discrete component values. Just keep the ones that are spec-compatible in the circuit, and get the job done.

You crank up the throttle signal and put more electrical energy (fatter pulses) into the electrodes; verify you can get 10% duty on the scope (2 - 100 usec on the horizontal timebase). Your averaging DVM will display the 90%-10% DC voltage across the output transistor (Vce or Vds or Output to Ground). Set and connect DVM in the supply current and measure .5 - 5 amps, without blowing the DVM fuse. Now verify that you got everything you wanted.

Verify your wiring connections using your DVM as a continuity detector. Check your wiring 1 at a time and yellow line your final schematic as you go. You can best use board-mount miniature POTs for anything you want to set-and-forget. The LEDs are there to give you a quick visual check of normal vs abnormal operation of your new creation. You will want to get your chamber level sensor verified before you epoxy the cap on.

CARB/FI CONNECTION

The diagram also shows that fittings are required to the carb/FI l. There are ready-made kits (such as by Impco) available for making your pressure fittings to the carburetor or fuel-injector as the case may be. You will necessarily be sealing the built-in vents and making a 1-way air-intake.

The copper mesh comprises the inadvertent backfire' protection for the reaction
    chamber. Make sure that all vapor/duct junctions are air-tight and holding full pressure without leakage. Your new 'system' is considered successful and properly adjusted when you get the full power range at lower temp and minimum vapor flow without blowing the pressure safety valve.

CHT (or EGT)

Monitor your engine temp with the CHT (cylinder head temp) or EGT (exhaust gas temp) instead of your original engine temp indicator (if any). Your existing gauge is too slow for this application and will not warn you against overheating until after you have burnt something. Make sure that your engine runs no hotter than in the gasoline arrangement. VDO makes a CHT gauge with a platinum sensor that fits under your spark plug against the cylinder head (make sure it is really clean before you re-install your spark plug (as this is also an electrical ground).
    ENGINE/EXHAUST TREATMENT

Get the valves replaced with stainless steel ones and get the pistons/cylinders ceramic treated ASAP when you have successfully converted and run your new creation. Do not delay as these items will rust, either by sheer use or by neglect (i.e. letting it sit). You could make max use of your current exhaust system by using it with your new deal until it rusts through, then have your mechanic or welder friend to fit a stainless steel exhaust pipe (no catalytic converter is required). But it could be easier and cheaper to send your existing exhaust system out for the ceramic treatment, and then simply re-attach it to the exhaust ports.

Let me know if you want more info.

Time is money...

you first.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

well then, 2500 dollars and years of frustration and anger and wha lah

a car that is ghetto rigged and runs on water.

and accord r33 you installed those wings on your car finally i see!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

I was actually thinkin about buyin a cheap car like an 80's civic and do this to it. I'm an electronics mager so that part wouldnt be to bad...

Something maybe for next year or something...

Time is money...

Comment

fake. it doesnt work well at all
          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Then check this out:

http://www.smacksboosters.110mb.com/

Your car is faster, I'm the better driver

Greetz Erwin
            My last ride

Shakes and Fidget - The Game

Comment

Wow didnt know you could buy that. I saw a couple of kits that are upwards of $800.00.

Time is money...

Comment

Originally posted by lo-specials View Post
                fake
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                  fake
                  I really dont think its fake, I've done some research.

Time is money...

Comment

Originally posted by 914DRCB7 View Post
                    I really dont think its fake, I've done some research.
                    According to the internet, so does the illuminati.

Comment

Hydrogen is cool and all, but there are seriously some big safety implications with it.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

my uncle tried this on his land crusier.. took him 2 weeks to fab up the system but gas mileage increased from bout 18 to around 25ish.. its cool for some ppl but i wouldnt entirely trust it.. especially on a performance car..im just waiting for his engine to blow lol

"Hotta Than A Fish Fry, Coola Den Sum Ice Cream"

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33 View Post
                          you first.
                          loving the old sig back

Ha ha I think its an idea but I wouldnt attempt to do it unless I personally saw it and saw how it ran and for how long is all
                          Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

what you guys fail to recognize and what the real deal breaker on this one is that you have to factor in the cost of the brita filters...otherwise it would be completely worth it.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                            X