Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22 little thumper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 little thumper.

i decided to make a seperate thread for this because my norcal project one was way too vague. im shooting for 200 to the wheels running on either full race gas or street legal 100 octane.

so here's the run down:

-Arias 12:1 compression pistons, domes coated
    -eagle style H beam rods
    -kaizenspeed balance shaft eliminator
    -OBX oil pan
    -supertech blockguard

upper end
    -stock valves
    -mildly port and polished head by me
    -bowl and chamber work
    -compeition valve job
    -Gude? valve single springs
    -Bisimoto stage 3 cam

bolt ons

-f22a6/h23 upper intake manifold (TB is maxbored)
    -custom drag header
    -370 or DSM injectors
    -3" catback system
    -hopefully a p06 with hondata S300
    -wideband o2
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

saved.
    I <3 G60.

Comment

the status of it right now is it is already bored, im checking my bearing clearances.

so far the mains are hovering from .0010 to .0014. id like them to be around .0014 and my last main is at .0005 so we have problems. im going to solve the tightness by polishing the crank and maybe scotchbrite the bearing a bit. im going to have to get two new honda bearings for the last bearing.

the rest of the bearings are ACL. my rod clearances comes to .0018 which is good.

i weighed the pistons and rods and im going to hone the bores and then measure my deck height. then surface the block if needed.

Cylinder Head:

going to stick with stock valves so that i dont have to upgrade to bronze guides and ill need to save a little money because that stage three cam isnt cheap. competition 5 angle valve job, wet seat grind

im not really going to hog out the ports, moreso going to aim for smooth transitioning and flow. same goes with the combustion chambers.

clearance the oil galleys for camshaft as needed and i may opt for the bisimoto springs and retainers just so they can go with the camshaft. the upgraded single springs that i have are a little ont he weak side for something that high of a lift.

im hoping to get ITB's on this motor as well but an intake manifold setup may suffice.
      I <3 G60.

Comment

I don't think you'll need a stage 3 to reach 200. You can do it on a stage 2 with that high compression.

If anything, I'd defitinately spend some time on header design as that will be the key part here, IMO.

MRX lives in Cali now. Use him.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
          I don't think you'll need a stage 3 to reach 200. You can do it on a stage 2 with that high compression.

If anything, I'd defitinately spend some time on header design as that will be the key part here, IMO.

MRX lives in Cali now. Use him.
          you think so? ill have to talk to a sales rep at bisimoto anyways. if i can get away with a stage two then that will save me 400 bucks or so.

MRX is coming to my bbq this saturday
          I <3 G60.

Comment

Tell that knee grow to call me.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
              Tell that knee grow to call me.
              thought you meant bisimoto

im def. going to have mrx tune my shit, going to have to rent some dyno time.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

why such a big difference between the bearings?
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Looking for a serious header?

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                    Looking for a serious header?
                    maaaayyybbbee.....

Originally posted by alb_accord View Post
                    why such a big difference between the bearings?
                    for a stock motor it is okay to vary the clearances a little bit however for a race motor you want to make sure that the clearances are not only correct but consistent. part of blueprinting a motor.

like my arias pistons differ by about half a gram, i can go in and balance them to a tenth of a gram that way i can help reduce the vibrations of a 4 cylinder motor.

it's all about making everything the same, every clearance, every port every moving object should be the same.

btw: ive machined everything in my motor so far except alignhone because we don have a mandrel small enough.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Ok, lmk. I can make it to whatever specs you want.

Comment

Ok, lmk. I can make it to whatever specs you want.
                        how long you been welding for?
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

About 5 years. I was taught by the best.

Comment

About 5 years. I was taught by the best.
                            hows sprint car season going? we did pretty bad this past weekend, finished 2nd to last in the main since our driver decided to brake before the crash instead of avoiding it and going around. lost all of our positions
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Hey but atleast the car went back in the trailer with all the parts it started with right, thats a win when it comes to sprints imo! Our season has been good. My dads been racing the sprint and stayin out of trouble and I've been racin the midget and doing great. They stoped doing qualifying (very retarded imo) and almost every night I have to come from the back. Been a good year though. Didn't tear shit up and finished ahead of where we started almost every night.

Comment

Working...
                              X