uh oh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uh oh

so there you are in a meet trying to be cool in front of a crowd until someone records you doing burnouts and stupid things of that nature...and that person hands the video it to the authorities. thank you
    http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/0...n-viral-video/

We should find out if it has any good parts on it quick because that thing is getting crushed!
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I think that it isn't that serious. No one really looked like they were "out of control" besides that 350z that spun out. Everyone was in control of their vehicles and ONLY burned out at ONE corner. They were showing off for the camera. That's it. I actually highly doubt that they really drive like that 24/7

Comment

wow they have nothing to do..lets blow it out of proportion then ask people who dont even look like they own vehicles about it..OOOoOOoooo what a pos cb too why even stunt. now the man has a mobile snitch taskforce. id sue the anonymous recorder for not getting my permission to record me if they want to be so damn petty

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          We should find out if it has any good parts on it quick because that thing is getting crushed!
          Maryland isn't an idiot state that crushes cars for that shit

Actually its one of my friends friends who took that video

It posted online and thats where it caught the eye or someone else i guess.

Comment

You have the right to film in public so sueing wont work. Nobody forced them to break the law, so they got what they asked for.from what I read THAT person that recorded did NOT turn it into the police it's in like the first sentence.
            Last edited by STREET-SPEC; 05-20-2013, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post
              You have the right to film in public so during wont work. Nobody forced them to break the law, so they got what they asked for.
              i agree
              visit vgruk

Comment

As having put on 3 car shows, if anyone ever did that on the show event property or adjacent streets, I would had over their info to the police. The time and monetary expense to put on an event and keep it a quality location is all put in jeopardy by a few a**holes.
                Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                  I think that it isn't that serious. No one really looked like they were "out of control" besides that 350z that spun out. Everyone was in control of their vehicles and ONLY burned out at ONE corner. They were showing off for the camera. That's it. I actually highly doubt that they really drive like that 24/7
                  Until one of those cars hits an innocent car in the lane (like the pickup) or crosses the median and hits an innocent car.

If I saw cars driving like that on busy public roads like they were on, I'd call the cops myself. Save it for the track, an auto-x event.

Comment

Careless driving in public is idiotic. I hope they all get caught.

However, I also think the news report was making too big a deal of it. Shit like that makes us all look like "bad guys". Yes, the people that were driving so stupidly are primarily to blame... but that was only a small amount of what seemed to be a rather large turnout. A report like that makes it seem like a gathering of miscreants, not a handful of enthusiasts with a few idiots among them

I was happy to see that the red CB7 did not have CB7tuner decals on the windows.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousJDMLBM View Post
                      Until one of those cars hits an innocent car in the lane (like the pickup) or crosses the median and hits an innocent car.

If I saw cars driving like that on busy public roads like they were on, I'd call the cops myself. Save it for the track, an auto-x event.

but they didnt.. wow burnouts and crossed the lanes IFFFFF someone was there and hit it could have a been a whole different story. They were on public streets so hows the convention at fault..easily shrugged off..the whole recording thing i guess i should elaborate, whoever the snitch doesnt matter i meant the original uploader, but true on being filmed in a public place. I hope they get fullest extent of the law (not much) for all the tax money spent on man hours hunting down these ruffians. lol

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                        but they didnt.. wow burnouts and crossed the lanes IFFFFF someone was there and hit it could have a been a whole different story. They were on public streets so hows the convention at fault..easily shrugged off..the whole recording thing i guess i should elaborate, whoever the snitch doesnt matter i meant the original uploader, but true on being filmed in a public place. I hope they get fullest extent of the law (not much) for all the tax money spent on man hours hunting down these ruffians. lol
                        Do you really want me to spend 3.2 seconds on YouTube pulling up the hundreds of videos of people hitting cars doing the exact same things depicted in that video?

Driving aggressively, take it to a closed course. Easy as that.

Comment

The convention isn't at fault, and shouldn't be held at fault. That would be like saying CB7tuner is at fault for that moron in the red Accord.

The idiots that drove like that deserve to be caught, if they were stupid enough to act a fool in front of a camera. Anyone else involved should not be punished, and enthusiasts in general should not be villainized for it.

Comment

Comment

Even without CB7Tuner decals, isn't that CB a member here?
                              That front lip looks very familiar . . .

Just to add to this thread - Drifting IS "Being out of control" When you are drifting you are not in control of the vehicle, In fact you are physically forcing it out of control.
                              And I'd be will to bet NONE of them were professional drifters either - No professional would be stupid enough to do it on public streets.

Saying it was "Only" one corner is like saying, - "I only did 200mph down the freeway for half a mile"

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X