No announcement yet.

So I'm shopping for a wagon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost chased down a white wagon that went by me going the other way today on the way home; didn't have time.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Did it have a for-sale sign on it, or is that just how you've acquired a lot of your CBs: randomly asking people if they're willing to part with it? I've honestly thought about doing that, if I were to cross a really nice one with the owner out by it, haha. "Don't suppose you're thinking about selling?? "

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Didn't see a for sale sign, but he went by pretty fast.

I have a business card that I leave (not so much lately) on CBs when I see them parked anywhere, mostly as an advertisement for parts. Better yet when I meet the owner. Along with selling parts, I freely offer to help them with problems. I have asked people if they want to sell (had one guy come back 3 years later - I bought it).
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Someone's trying a flip.

$1,000 Wagon

$2,400 Wagon?

Comment

I've actually been thinking about doing something like that, if I found a dirt cheap and rescuable (within reason) car to boost my short-term budget. This one's got my interest:

https://westslope.craigslist.org/cto...946864463.html

Am I not seeing a turd for what it is, or is it realistic to be able to see a $1500 sale out of a body in this shape given a good effort at restoration around the rest of the car? Looking around, the quality of what's on sale seems to be a bit scattered in the $1,000-2,000 range. I do love detail work, and feel that goes a long way toward making a potential buyer feel good about a car. Some interior and exterior detailing, trim paint, high-mileage maintenance items (based on the straight alignment of the front end's exterior parts, I'm guessing he means worn joints and things underneath). If I'm lucky, I might even be able to source some cleaner color-matched bolt on body pieces at a junkyard.

A full day's drive round tip is a long way to go to find out it's worse than it looks, though, even if questioning over the phone/email seemed to check out.

*ED. - the price on that blue wagon just went up $900: https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/56580395
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-03-2019, 05:27 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

My flips have been hit or miss, the more I got into them, the more I found that I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving that way for the next owner. There is always that one that keeps you coming back for more.

A long time ago, I got a 95(?) Ford Probe from a friend of my wife's for $1500, spent $500 to fix a couple things, cleaned it up, then sold it for $3500 (to a guy at church, otherwise I could have gotten maybe $4000) all withing 3 weeks.

Comment

Wonder why the check engine light is on. I find it funny it says on there that they are asking 1400 above average for it. I don’t trust small dealerships like that. They feed off of people who have bad or no credit.
                Last edited by Grumpys93; 08-03-2019, 11:50 PM.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                  My flips have been hit or miss, the more I got into them, the more I found that I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving that way for the next owner. There is always that one that keeps you coming back for more.
                  I'd be the same way, too. I worry that if I get a fourth-gen Prelude, I'd end up selling the RSX instead of that when it came time to unload one of the coupes (because why own two?), but because the RSX's body is getting so rough, I'd feel guilty about dropping that car on someone even though I keep it mechanically sound with primarily OEM parts. I just think, "my name is on that, I couldn't do that to you." I need to get it painted, and then it'll be awesome so I'll keep it. Worse cars are for sale out there, though, so at some point you've got to get over it.
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-04-2019, 05:17 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Does the sedan carpet fit the wagon? I'm trying to pick up a $500 SE sedan this weekend that has a ton of donor parts I'd been wanting for this build. Swapping as much of the interior as is salvageable would be great. I tried searching, but all I'm coming up with is the coupe vs sedan question. I feel like it'll fit since the inner door panels and a lot of the plastics do, but just to be sure...

Oh, and the quarter panels, too. Anyone know if they're as identical in the wheel arch area as they look? If the SE's as rust free as it looks, I might not need to be as strict on my wagon hunt.
                    Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-10-2019, 02:57 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The carpet is different in the rear; it extends further under the rear seats in the wagon. Rear seats are considerably different between the sedan and wagon (coupe is different than both as well). I suspect that the quarters are similar below the belt line, obviously different above.

Comment

Yeah, the rear seats are obvious with the way they fold flat. Is that the only difference with the carpet, though? Long term goals, I'm wanting some sort of Element-like rubberized flooring in the rear so I can throw whatever back there and not worry about it (like for junkyard runs, etc). So if the carpet fits otherwise, from where the rear seat bottoms meet the carpet all the way up to the firewall, I can handle that. As long as the contours of the mold match up to the floor and where it sits against the sides, etc, that'll work. I suppose if this guy ever responds, I'll have plenty of experimenting to do anyway. It's an Offer Up sale; he responded to the first question about a mechanical issue quickly last night, but not to the request to meet up.

It's got factory fogs with the factory-perfect cut-outs! I wouldn't have got fogs otherwise because I like a cleaner appearance and have no real use for fog lights, but I'm not turning down a 'free' set. Between that, the smaller coupe/sedan front bumper I was wanting, the coupe/sedan rear bumper lip to cut and mold to the wagon for my exhaust, the black dash w/full passenger airbag system, restorable interior... it's worth more than the $500 he's asking, if only he knew who to market a part-out to.
                        Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-10-2019, 04:07 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

My buddy just picked up a leather equipped EX 93 wagon for a grand here in So. Cal. The car is in excellent condition with very few blemishes. Certainly no rust. Just needed the AC fixed. Good CB9’s are out there. Here in So. Cal. the cars are still cheap. Even the CB9’s. But the accessories are big bucks. The fogs, one piece headlights, tall CB9 center consoles, moonroof visors, roof racks etc.
                          I just pulled a roof rack from a 91 CB9 at pap last week. Its very rare to find them in a pap. It’s an easy $300 sell and of course already spoken for. Good luck bro. Be patient and you’ll find the right CB9.
                          5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...962966717.html

Dude claims to have a GSR front brake conversion on his sedan. That's a thing?

Funny ad, though. "This car completely changes the complexion of the craigslist experience."

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Theres one that just popped up just outside Sacramento, California for $5k

https://www.directautooutlet.com/det...ccord/57491320

Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

It's beautiful, too, but I don't have the time to travel. I'm keeping an eye on the local channels, though, thanks.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X