Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aww_shiet View Post
    score! damn I remember when I had to make my own lol
    LoL, you're my only fan I think its time to move this MRT soon...

Ya, I got the 70mm halos I ordered too for the mini gatling gun shrouds I have. They are to go on the outside of them. Now what bugs me is that they don't make halos to actually fit properly. The shrouds have a lip on the face of them. You would think the halos were made to site around this ring, but nope. They sit on top of this ring and to secure the halos perfectly centered and on this "top edge" will be tricky. But... I'll make it work.

So good news = I have all the parts to finish the projectors now.

Comment

Would have been nice if they sent 2 sets of ballast or projectors.

Where are you going to move this mrt? Don't move it to the premium section you really won't get any responses.

And I like all the progress you are making.

Steve
      Last edited by Stoner51; 04-23-2014, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Who needs responses?

And Raf, just use the thin picture-hanging wire like TRS shows in their YouTube video.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm a fan, I've posted in here.
          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
            Would have been nice if they sent 2 sets of ballast or projectors.

Where are you going to move this mrt? Don't move it to the premium section you really won't get any responses.

And I like all the progress you are making.

Steve
            Thanks, I was going to move it to the Premium section as I thought I lost all my followers.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            Who needs responses?

And Raf, just use the thin picture-hanging wire like TRS shows in their YouTube video.
            Ya, I seen the video several times. I was thinking of using fishing line also. I tried using the twist ties you get with garbage bags (just the wire) and I think they are smaller than the picture hanging wire. Just not a fan of having the wire showing in any form.

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
            I'm a fan, I've posted in here.

Thanks. Never thought anyone followed this MRT. I had some PM me also about keeping the MRT here. I guess I'll keep in here. If no-one spoke up I was going to move it.

Comment

(Page 42 OWNED by aww_shiet) lol

yea don't move it over. I'm planning on moving mine back
              Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Don't be deterred! You should be happy you have stalkers...
                '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

(Page 42 OWNED by aww_shiet) lol

yea don't move it over. I'm planning on moving mine back
                  LOL! How the frook did you know! I can see why you moved your MRT over though. I would of done the same.

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                  Don't be deterred! You should be happy you have stalkers...
                  Ya.. they seem to hide and just peek in from time to time. ya never know who's in here until ya show off some crazy mod. But thanks for popping in everyone. I'll post some more pictures of stuff I'm working on now.

Comment

it's 20 posts/page

I'll move mine over once I get everything with my CB settled. It'll keep your MRT company lol

Comment

in regards to the halos and attaching them, I have to admit i'm not a fan of drilling holes and using wire to twist around them. I tried it and I was not happy with the amount of twisting force needed to hold it. It was leaving marks in the halo and I was afraid after a while it would break. So instead i went with some small dabs of epoxy.

For the high beam halos I did use wire, here's a pic of picture hanging wire, another wire, and garbage bag zip tie wire.

Other pics..

Glad to have this part done

Comment

That wire is WAY too thick.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

have you tried putting inside the gattling shroud? I"m thinking it'd look like Iron Man's Arc Reactor

Comment

Raf, awesome progress dude!

Retrofit is coming along nicely.

have you tried putting inside the gattling shroud? I"m thinking it'd look like Iron Man's Arc Reactor
                            This.

I put my CCFL rings inside the shroud and they totally look like the arc reactor lol.. Unfortunately the CCFL rings are glass and relatively fragile. They stopped working long ago... but yeah, keep it in mind when your messing with it and try it out! Dunno if the LED rings will fit but if they do im sure they'd last longer than glass rings.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                              That wire is WAY too thick.
                              Agreed. And fishing line or any line I'm afraid of using too. And even the steel wire I did not like using. The wire was either not tight enough or too tight. There was no way to judge the breaking point, etc. So I went with small dabs of epoxy glue with a high heat temp rating. I hope this works.

Yep. and its that cheesy factor that I'm not a fan of. I debated inside or out for a very long time and looked at hundreds of pictures. In the end I thought the whole halo in the shroud was too cheesy for me. Like BMWs (or Aww_shiet's) halos/headlights I like the whole "intimidating" look of the halos on the outside. You know when you see the car coming in in your rear view mirror and it instantly grabs your attention! Halos inside the shrouds didn't seem to portray this enough for me. Plus, I'm putting halos in the high beam section too so let's have them match.

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
                              Raf, awesome progress dude!

Retrofit is coming along nicely.

This.

I put my CCFL rings inside the shroud and they totally look like the arc reactor lol.. Unfortunately the CCFL rings are glass and relatively fragile. They stopped working long ago... but yeah, keep it in mind when your messing with it and try it out! Dunno if the LED rings will fit but if they do im sure they'd last longer than glass rings.

Thanks. I think the hardest part will be getting everything put together. Did you put the black housed section over top the shrouds first, glue it down, then put the headlight plastic piece on and glue that down? Or did you put the black housing piece in the headlight plastic piece and put them on together over the shroud/projector? I think the top headlight cover sandwiches the black housed part in there securely, I can't remember.

Comment

Yeah! More parts.....

Comment

Working...
                                X