Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sir. Never heard of them.

Comment

If you can, try their ginger wit. It's mighty good. Their APA is pretty good too.

Comment

Anybody drinking beer lately? Sick of IPA's yet?

Comment

I've been sick of IPAs, but I'm learning to appreciate them. I can't escape the damn things! Drinking one right now, in fact. Troeg's Perpetual IPA. It's a pretty good one, at least!

I found my new favorite summer beer. Also, oddly, an IPA. The Astounding She-Monster Mango IPA from Spring House Brewery in Lancaster, PA (where I bought my CTS-V. )

It's clean and refreshing. Not hop juice, not fruit juice. Just enough of both ingredients to make it tasty, without making it a bad beer. I highly recommend it!

Comment

I actually like two IPA's after years of hating them. New Belgium's Citradelic and Schlafly's grapefruit IPA are on my go-to list right now. I'm in the middle of a citrus and sour beer kick, though.

St. Louis has so many awesome breweries, I haven't been drinking much from outside the city. When I travel for work, I always try to get stuff we can't get. If anyone gets the off chance and finds Table Rock Red from White River Brewing Company in Springfield, MO on tap, definitely try it. It's a nitro amber ale and is possibly my favorite beer at the moment. It's carbonated for bottles, so it's basically just a killian's at that point.
            Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 07-20-2016, 03:29 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I've actually been drinking local. There's like 3 micro breweries on the same street in Decatur/Avondale. I recently had a brown ale nitro that tasted like coffee beer that made me happy.

Comment

Valentine's Day treat from the wife. She's awesome. As is this beer.
                And yes, I'm listening to Youthanasia while I drink it.

Comment

Murphy's is pretty damn good beer, too bad it is not as available as Guinness. Sweatting bullets is the one Deeve.
                  Last edited by Crankshaft; 02-14-2017, 04:44 PM.
                  [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I haven't had that in ages. It's best on tap, which is how I first had it (as is Guiness.) I'll have to pick some up sometime!

I'm actually getting bored with "craft beer". Everyone is trying to be different, and while it's good, I miss just having plain ol' beer. Beer that tastes like beer. Not hop juice. Not fruit juice. Not bourbon barrels. I've actually been drinking "crap beer" lately. Sometimes American, Canadian, or Mexican pisswater just hits the spot!

Comment

Germán Franziskaner is pretty good, Red Stripe is hit or miss now that is not actually being imported and Murphy's/Guinness are awesome when from the can(Murphys only comes in can) since the bottle dies not use nitrogen instead regular co2. Mexican beer sucks, having a option I would rather drink my own urine, I lived there for 12 years and beer is horrible.

Comment

The Guinness bottle used to have the "rocket widget" that added nitrogen. They stopped that, sadly. I just had authentic Guinness in Dublin last spring. It wasn't any better than in the US, contrary to popular belief. Aside from the sheer awesomeness of being in Dublin.

I feel the quality of the staple US, Mexican, and Canadian brews is comparable. Bud, Miller, Coors = Corona, Tecate, Dos Equis = Molson, LeBatt, Moosehead (the only true Canadian macrobrew now...)
                        As for Mexican beers go, I think Negra Modelo is still a damn good beer.

I didn't know Red Stripe was no longer imported. Bummer! I haven't noticed a decline in quality, though. It's along the same lines as the others listed above, but somehow... better.
                        As far as cheaper beers go, I'm still a fan of Yuengling Lager (an East Coast thing... used to be a PA/NJ thing... but they've expanded.) I can also enjoy PBR and Genessee Cream Ale on occasion (when I don't feel like paying more than $5 for 6 beers! )

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          The Guinness bottle used to have the "rocket widget" that added nitrogen. They stopped that, sadly. I just had authentic Guinness in Dublin last spring. It wasn't any better than in the US, contrary to popular belief. Aside from the sheer awesomeness of being in Dublin.

I feel the quality of the staple US, Mexican, and Canadian brews is comparable. Bud, Miller, Coors = Corona, Tecate, Dos Equis = Molson, LeBatt, Moosehead (the only true Canadian macrobrew now...)
                          As for Mexican beers go, I think Negra Modelo is still a damn good beer.

I didn't know Red Stripe was no longer imported. Bummer! I haven't noticed a decline in quality, though. It's along the same lines as the others listed above, but somehow... better.
                          As far as cheaper beers go, I'm still a fan of Yuengling Lager (an East Coast thing... used to be a PA/NJ thing... but they've expanded.) I can also enjoy PBR and Genessee Cream Ale on occasion (when I don't feel like paying more than $5 for 6 beers! )
                          $5 for a six pack sounds expensive until you look at Duvel and those other "higher end" beers and those come out to $15 a four pack, yes FOUR pack.
                          If you like Red Stripe you ought to give Shiner Bock a try; its cheap, readily available and they are along the same alley. I am not a drinker, but i used to treat myself to a new and different beer every friday, since i only drank 1 it gave me the opportunity to splurge on higher priced beer and not really make me broke. Young's double chocolate is not bad, worth a try if anyone like dark beer.

Comment

I've been feeling the same way lately. Sometimes crappy beer is the best beer. I just got a 30pk of Genessee from wallyworld for 13.99.

I've been drinking Mexican myself. Kroger has that "taste of Mexico" 12pk that just hits the spot after a long day.

I hate PBR. Stuff gives me heartburn bad.

Comment

I think the mexican beers are brewed in the states now also.

Love pbr. love negra. Love bock. love everything but really dark beers.
                              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I went to Specs while I was in Houston. I got this beer called Old Tom. It's a chocolate ale. Good lord this stuff is terrible!

It's like somebody mixed Vegemite with chocolate, and added malt. It got Worlds Best Ale in 2009.... No offense to those who grew up with the stuff in Australia or across the pond, but Vegemite is some serious stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X