No announcement yet.

My AC unit just freaking went to hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look up the motors info online, buy it and install it. The electric motor for it is easy to install. Just a few bolts. No need to touch the ac lines.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Quick update.
      AC guy came out (spent a good two hours going over everything with him).
      The short story is that the heat pump, which was acting as the AC unit ever since we upgraded the furnace to gas, was undersized to begin with (go figure as that was 32 years ago when it was installed).

So we're going to replace it with a 2 - 2.5 ton unit.
      New lines will be ran as well.
      Air handler is going to get a new coil, and a few other odds and ends.

So over the next three or four days I will be taking my time disassembling whatever I can and cleaning things up for the new unit.
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        Quick update.
        AC guy came out (spent a good two hours going over everything with him).
        The short story is that the heat pump, which was acting as the AC unit ever since we upgraded the furnace to gas, was undersized to begin with (go figure as that was 32 years ago when it was installed).

So we're going to replace it with a 2 - 2.5 ton unit.
        New lines will be ran as well.
        Air handler is going to get a new coil, and a few other odds and ends.

So over the next three or four days I will be taking my time disassembling whatever I can and cleaning things up for the new unit.
        Check this out Jon, my house has a unit that is well 1/2 a ton over what it is supposed to have, it runs for brief moments cooling too quick therefore not having enough time to pull excess moisture from the house.Here is a guide, most contractors like over selling units

https://asm-air.com/airconditioning/...-for-my-house/
        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Thanks, I'll run my numbers through that and see what I come up with.

This guy is pretty legitimate. The dealer provided four quotes. Four different units, two 2 ton and two 2.5 ton. This was based on sq. footage of the house, window area, attic space + insulation in attic, air flow, duct sizing, and a few others.

It's a single story house, vaulted ceilings. Approximately 1600 sq. ft.. Faces south. Sixteen windows total throughout the building + french doors in the dining room. So 2 - 2.5 tons seems right.

Neighbors behind us have a house that is literally the same size and they put in a new commercial unit a year or so ago. Not sure what the BTUs are on it, but it literally kicks on every five to eight minutes during summer.
          Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            Thanks, I'll run my numbers through that and see what I come up with.

This guy is pretty legitimate. The dealer provided four quotes. Four different units, two 2 ton and two 2.5 ton. This was based on sq. footage of the house, window area, attic space + insulation in attic, air flow, duct sizing, and a few others.

It's a single story house, vaulted ceilings. Approximately 1600 sq. ft.. Faces south. Sixteen windows total throughout the building + french doors in the dining room. So 2 - 2.5 tons seems right.

Neighbors behind us have a house that is literally the same size and they put in a new commercial unit a year or so ago. Not sure what the BTUs are on it, but it literally kicks on every five to eight minutes during summer.
            That sounds right as a 3 ton unit is rated for 1500-1800sqft, my house is 1565 and has a 3.5 ton with new insulation, energy efficient windows and fiberglass doors.
            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Working...
            X