Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
    Glad to see you got your car back man, i had bastards try and steal mine 2 times; the secnd i actually saw the guy trying to take it and ran him off while i called the POPO. I hate thieves with the same passion i have for breathing
    Yes I truely have a new found hatred for thieves. Thanks for the comments though Crankshaft. It's not even fun experiencing the attempted thefts.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

A bit of news. So after extensively looking over Lola and assessing the damage. It is all fixable. The only concern I have is the roof line that is totally crushed. I see no way around having some body filler in this area. While I understand it's uses, I just have a bad feeling about this area. It's right at the slimmest point of the roof. It's on the rounded edge from the roof to the side of the body. It will experience some flex when under extreme loads from driving her hard and auto cross. My stiff mounts aren't coming out of the car, so it will see more vibrations than most cars. Lastly it's where the door closes so it yet another shock to this area. I just have a feeling that eventually body filler is going to fall out of this area no matter how little gets used. I don't want a piece welded into the roof. So I've had to come to a cross road.

More damage found. So not only was the frame on the mirror broken they stole the button, led, and light sensor from it. So it's in total pieces and I need to replace the mirror. At least all of my framework has survived.

On the first attempt on the roof to pry the door open they broke the sun roof.

Before prying on the top of the door they pried the rear window trim out thinking they were prying the door open.

One of the 2 down pipes is crushed on the header. I can fix it with a mandrel bent vibrant tube. This will be done.

Unknown water damage in the trunk area. I need to rip everything out to find out the real extent of this.

I found myself trying to figure out what to do. Eventually last night I was wandering on the internet and eventually found myself on Craigslist, as I do often. How in the hell does this happen?!? I have no idea but I really do somehow think the lord above was looking out for me.

Lola 1 (The only real damage I can possibly see is on the front fender here. It looks like there is a small dent in the edge of the wheel well. It could be the lighting and camera though.)

Lola 2

Lola 3

Lola 4

Lola 5

Lola 6

Lola 7

I'm going to look at it on Saturday morning with cash in hand. I have no doubts that it is coming home with me on Saturday. If it hadn't been exactly what it is there would have been no thought of even buying another Accord. So if I get this when it gets home the swap begins....

Wish me luck guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
        Yes I truely have a new found hatred for thieves. Thanks for the comments though Crankshaft. It's not even fun experiencing the attempted thefts.
        In one year i had to replace my door cylinders 5 times in total because of break-ins and one window from when my electric door actuator got stuck locked and the door would not open. Because of that door lock i had to replace the door because no matter how we drilled and poked around it simply would not open, so my black car has had a seattle silver door on it since then. I think that the worst feeling though is when you get into the car and just know some waste of breath forced themselves into that same seat, it is just not the same. That green CB has pretty good door panels, front seats can be fixed by some acura leathers, good luck bud.
        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

That would be awesome! Much easier than having to repaint Lola again and I'm sure you can haggle with them on the price to make it worthwhile.

I hate doing bodywork/paint work because its the only thing that I have to take it to someone else to do since I can't do it at home in my own garage, partly why my roof is faded and all original Seattle Silver paint.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

It's so hard looking at the pictures of Lola in its current state. You spent so much time cleaning her up to now look like this.

The new lola looks so clean!

Comment

Good luck on getting the new SE. It looks to be in remarkable shape, both inside and outside!

Comment

Good luck with the purchase. That SE looks promising.

Thank you for keeping us updated on the misfortune. Those are some heart wrenching photos of the aftermath. I'm sure we all look forward to the progress on the new acquisition.
                1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Will glad to see your still in the fight and found a resurrected Lola. When my car was broke into twice I hated driving my car for a month afterwards because I felt so violated from being robbed. Looking at that damage makes me wonder why go through the pain of trying to pry the door open when they could have used the crowbar to break the window? I'm sure it would be close to the same amount of noise made. Anyways best of luck on the Lola 2.0 and can't wait to see the upcoming progress!
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                    That would be awesome! Much easier than having to repaint Lola again and I'm sure you can haggle with them on the price to make it worthwhile.

I hate doing bodywork/paint work because its the only thing that I have to take it to someone else to do since I can't do it at home in my own garage, partly why my roof is faded and all original Seattle Silver paint.
                    I have everything to actually do the body work and paint. I just don't have the experience doing enough of it. Although I do have a leg up on most people as my family has a long history of wood working. I've build and repaired enough furniture in my life. It's all the same skills to rebuild missing wood as it is to fill in the body on a car. Hell we even used bondo where the wood was missing then literally paint the grains back onto the bondo, and you would only know if it was pointed out to you. Most of the time the customers can't even find where the damage was. So I think soon it's time to try my hand.

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                    It's so hard looking at the pictures of Lola in its current state. You spent so much time cleaning her up to now look like this.

The new lola looks so clean!
                    It's so hard to go out in the garage and look at her all the time. But I think at this point it's just accepted and I'm onto the next step. Always forward, just a bit of a setback and a shit ton of work.

Originally posted by SEgirl View Post
                    Good luck on getting the new SE. It looks to be in remarkable shape, both inside and outside!
                    It's in really good shape for the age of the cars. Just not quite as good of shape as I was actually hoping for. But still I'm leaps and bounds ahead of where Lola originally started at. Also less miles on the body so I'm hoping this one is a bit stiffer in the body. I'm also really hoping that this was an original owner car, but they didn't know. I can not believe the shape of the interior. I don't know what to do with it though as I'm going to use what I've put the work into and it's what I wanted anyway.

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                    Good luck with the purchase. That SE looks promising.

Thank you for keeping us updated on the misfortune. Those are some heart wrenching photos of the aftermath. I'm sure we all look forward to the progress on the new acquisition.
                    I think we are all looking forward to some progress on Lola at this point. I've really been at a loss lately. I haven't had anything really enjoyable to wrench on lately. I mean working on the TL was great and all, but I NEEDED it to be done now, so I could have a daily driver again. I like being able to work on the long projects and spend a bit more time on them to make sure everything is in order and done properly.

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    Will glad to see your still in the fight and found a resurrected Lola. When my car was broke into twice I hated driving my car for a month afterwards because I felt so violated from being robbed. Looking at that damage makes me wonder why go through the pain of trying to pry the door open when they could have used the crowbar to break the window? I'm sure it would be close to the same amount of noise made. Anyways best of luck on the Lola 2.0 and can't wait to see the upcoming progress!
                    Well Nick, the progress starts in the next day or two. As I would like to recoup some of my money soon. I still haven't sold the sedan, but it's in the works, but it could be a couple of months still. A buddy is going to buy it but needs some time. Now I need to get the original Lola swapped to stock and sold. It still feels wrong to really even sit in her. I just need to pull the stuff out and clean it up then put it in the new one and it will feel better.

I think they didn't want to break the window as they drove it almost 100 miles to where it was found at. You have to remember our state is ridiculously spread out. It would suck to drive that far with no window.

I doubt the fight for this car is going anywhere anytime soon. I need a project that I enjoy to keep me busy. The cb7 still has enough support and I really love the chassis, and the family here is awesome. Also I think I'm going to try and keep this car forever and pass it onto my son. Later in his life, definitely not when he first starts driving. But we are going to build his first car a few years in advance of him driving. So once the time comes he has "his" car, that he helped build the correct way.
                    Last edited by Rilas; 01-22-2017, 12:19 AM.

Comment

So here is Lola 2.0. It's not much, but I'm not taking anything apart until tomorrow. I paid a bit more than I wanted to, but I couldn't justify walking away either. It has a few issues in the body and I'm going to ask one of the body guys what it would cost to fix at least the worst 2 or 3 right away. She towed her right around 200 miles home, like a champ over 2 mountain passes. No issues with any of it, and somehow the weather held out long enough for us to get through the worst of it before the real storm hit.

Ruby towing Lola 2.0

I'll get you guys some real pictures of her tomorrow. I'm excited that some progress from where I was at has actually started!

Comment

Congratulations! This will be a mere blip on the radar in the grand scheme of your ownership of this car. Stay the course and continue with building it if it's what you find enjoyment in.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Wow, that was quick. Can't wait for pics as I can't tell if its a sedan or coupe. Ya, pushing the pilot to the limit with that tow!

What are the issues with Lola 2.0?

Comment

Yay!

Lola 2.0!! I'm glad to see you are sticking with it. Baby steps at this point.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                              Congratulations! This will be a mere blip on the radar in the grand scheme of your ownership of this car. Stay the course and continue with building it if it's what you find enjoyment in.
                              Thanks Jarrett. Yes once I get the swap done. Which I'm kind of dreading at this point, it will be but a mere bump in the road in the history of the car. Hopefully this car will give me and my family years of enjoyment together making some memories with it. We have already been invited to Yellowstone this summer, with a few of the guys I met last summer. Should be a great trip! Only a mountain of work in front of me.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              Wow, that was quick. Can't wait for pics as I can't tell if its a sedan or coupe. Ya, pushing the pilot to the limit with that tow!

What are the issues with Lola 2.0?
                              I know I can't even believe within what a week of bringing it home I've already got a new shell. I'm still in some what of a shock. Raf you didn't look at the pictures above. That was from the the craigslist add. It was at a dealership though . The Pilot did an absolute stunning job towing her, even in the fantastic Montana winter weather we have. Yet another well built Honda product. The issues are outlined in the pictures I'm going to post.

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                              Yay!

Lola 2.0!! I'm glad to see you are sticking with it. Baby steps at this point.
                              Thanks Sonik, I know it seems a lot of guys just sort of give up after this happens. Or just never really do anything with their Accords afterwards. I'm trying not to fall into this category.

Comment

Alright so I hand washed Lola in just above freezing temperatures. Here are some pictures of her.

Lola 1

Lola 2

Lola 3

Lola 4

Lola 5

Lola 6

Lola SE Coupe Spoiler

Lola Bumper Damage 1

Lola Bumper Damage 2

Lola Passenger Door Damage 1

Lola Passenger Door Damage 2

Lola Passenger Rear Quarter Panel Damage 1

Lola Passenger Rear Quarter Panel Damage 2

Lola Passenger Rear Quarter Panel Damage 3 (I'm trying to show the crease, you can see how the light is different right above the trim running down the side.)

Lola Driver Rear Quarter Panel (Not sure what's going on here. But it looks like someone repaired something here. I'm going to sand this area down after I get done swapping stuff.)

Driver Rear Window Trim (Not sure why stainless steel is rusting. I haven't had any of the trim on any of my other cb7's rust.)

Interior 1 (I haven't touched the interior in any way yet.)

Interior 2

Interior 3

Interior 4

Interior 5

Interior 6

Interior 7

Interior 8

Interior 9

Interior 10

Comment

Working...