Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I might need to buy another car for a work commute. Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Deev.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=120951

Get a red maroon one.

Comment

I had a coupe that color once. I liked it!

Comment

Did you see Fleetwood is selling his SE?!

I heard those generation Accords are known to be very reliable and decent on gas!
        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I know I could trust a car he's owned! Sucks he's so far.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I know I could trust a car he's owned! Sucks he's so far.
            So what! It's a CB!
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Eg6

Comment

Finding an eg6 for a reasonable price that hasn't been ripped apart by idiot kids would be a miracle! Would be kinda cool to have a nice one, though.

Comment

cd5

as easy to work on as a cb7. cheap to maintain. i just bought all new control arms, all of them, moog brand, for about $400. car is getting 30+ on the highway after sitting for years and drives really nice now. ive got about 800 invested and all belts, fluids, ball joints, bushings, control arms, wheel bearings and tie rods (inner and outer) are new.

car still looks like ass all rusty and shit. but 30+ mpg and it wont be leaving me on the side of the road anytime soon.

considering you can pick these up now for $1000 in decent shape, $2500 budget would net you a good daily after service/maint is up to par.
                  Originally posted by wed3k
                  im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

88 CRX. Handling, looks, and MPG with a whopping 90hp!

Comment

CRXs sell for $3000 with no engine and Swiss cheese body panels around here!

A 94-95 CD or CE1 would be a possibility. I don't like the 5th gen as much as the 4th, but they're every bit as reliable.

Comment

Good gas mileage, 22+ years old, fun to drive, comfy and safe on the highway.... these are big asks lol. I was gonna say an OG LS400 but I don't know that that would fit the fun to drive criteria. Honestly I would take that out; you already have the CTS-V and Miata. Now that I have the G I really realize the value in a commuter that doesn't nuke me with fatigue. I'd go luxury,.,

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Just gonna leave this here....

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/6167775191.html

Comment

The only thing that can stop a d21 2.4 is rust. Great trucks. I have done many one ton short distance hauls no problem, better than an f150 for that in my book. Your real world mpg might not be what you are looking for though. At 70mph I get 21 mpg highway only. Might be better if you go slower. The good news is it does not fall off much around town. Do not get a ranger.
                            ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                              Good gas mileage, 22+ years old, fun to drive, comfy and safe on the highway.... these are big asks lol. I was gonna say an OG LS400 but I don't know that that would fit the fun to drive criteria. Honestly I would take that out; you already have the CTS-V and Miata. Now that I have the G I really realize the value in a commuter that doesn't nuke me with fatigue. I'd go luxury,.,
                              I guess I should amend "fun to drive" to "enjoyable to drive". And LS400 would actually fit my needs quite nicely, in everything but MPG. And repairs. They're extremely reliable, but when they break, there's no corresponding Toyota model in the US to draw on for parts. An ES300 would probably be the better Lexus for my needs, but even they don't get great gas mileage. I fear I'm limited to 4 cylinder. With an expected 300+ miles per week commute, I want to burn the least amount of 87 octane possible!

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
                              Aside from being 4x my budget and on the other side of the country... wow! I'd feel awful turning that into a daily beater, though. I'd end up with a driveway full of cars I care too much about to put through that!

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
                              The only thing that can stop a d21 2.4 is rust. Great trucks. I have done many one ton short distance hauls no problem, better than an f150 for that in my book. Your real world mpg might not be what you are looking for though. At 70mph I get 21 mpg highway only. Might be better if you go slower. The good news is it does not fall off much around town. Do not get a ranger.
                              Yeah, I've heard a few things against the Ranger after mentioning that! I suppose a truck is out. A wagon is my most likely focus, as it'll provide utility, something different than what I've had before, and it'll give me the reliability and fuel economy I want. CB9 or CE1 will most likely be what I end up with.

Comment

Suzuki SX4 hatchback.

Peppy, decent MPG, reliable, cheap, and you can get AWD with a locking differential.

I want one to dick around with.
                                14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Working...
                                X