does it make me a jerk if........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does it make me a jerk if........

Ok. I have 2 young children. They are very well cared for. Get everything they need and most of what they want. They are a large part of my life. Now for the question. Example: i had a great day today and a great attitude to go with it. The minute i pickd them up from daycare my attitude went to shit. I hate hearing a kid cry. Not cuz i feel bad the kid is crying but because the sound just pisses me off. Does this make me a bad person?

Yes yes it does ass.

It doesint make you a bad person, maybe you weren't ready for kids yet. Kids crying can get a little annoying at times, but just have some patience with the kids.

Comment

postpartum depression =[
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

If the kid has a legit reason to cry, I'm cool with it.

But when it's just a whiny, snotty nosed little brat who cries for attention..... STFU motherlicker.

Comment

I don't like it when my older brother brings over his 8 year old daughter. she has to touch everything of mine and it usually ends up broken.

She also only eats McDonalds never anything else.

Does this make me sound like an asshole?
          Last edited by Leung; 09-08-2011, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
            If the kid has a legit reason to cry, I'm cool with it.

But when it's just a whiny, snotty nosed little brat who cries for attention..... STFU motherlicker.
            My son whines just to whine. I get annoyed at the sound of a kid crying whether there is reason or not.

Comment

I hate it when babies cry for no reason. One of my sisters foster kids is mentally slow. When he is playing with his toys, he will look at them, cry and then keep playing? Then again he's 3 years old with the mental age of 9 months.

Comment

Originally posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
                My son whines just to whine. I get annoyed at the sound of a kid crying whether there is reason or not.
                do you give in when he whines for something??
                my brothers daughter is like that will cry and he just gives in
                now me on the other hand when my daughter starts to cry for something i tell her to stop or i will give her a reason to cry then she stops and asks for what she wants

Comment

Originally posted by 92turboaccord View Post
                  do you give in when he whines for something??
                  my brothers daughter is like that will cry and he just gives in
                  now me on the other hand when my daughter starts to cry for something i tell her to stop or i will give her a reason to cry then she stops and asks for what she wants
                  I tried that it doesnt work for me. I dont give in and give them what they want. I tell them go see their mother and try to ignore them if i cant figure it out. And yeah i agree with the statement that im not ready for kids. Lol. The first time she told me she was pregnant i didnt even react. I just walked out the house and went to the bar. I slept in a hotel for 3 days before i talked to her again. That was the last drinking benge i went on. I drank about 800 bucks away those 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by 92turboaccord View Post
                    I use to get told this all the time so me trying to be bad. I tested my mom and she beat the shit out of me.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

We should ask LadyG to see how to handles her kids when they misbehave.

Comment

I am a bit stricter than I should be which in some cases is a good thing. If my son starts to cry all I have to do is give him "the look" and he knows what comes after the look. Then he tells me what he wants. He doesn't cry without a reason. I broke him o that habit real fast. I guess the marine in me comes out when i get agitated. It might be a little of over kill but I know how to turn it off.
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Screwing an STD-infested hooker works too... but it's not a great idea.

Comment

I applaud all the men in this thread or on this forum who take care of their children. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                            I applaud all the men in this thread or on this forum who take care of their children. Keep up the good work.
                            I cant agree more with this. I don't see how other men can just walk away. My sons the apple of my eye.
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Screwing an STD-infested hooker works too... but it's not a great idea.

Comment

Well.... I heard meh name.

This is going to sound harsh, but when they were little (2-3) I had a paint stick. Paint sticks will break before you can bruise a kid, but they make a lovely, scary "POP"-that sounds way worse than it is. ( I also wrote bible verses on it-outlining my religious right to spank, so if some busy-body ever wanted to call CPS, I would have a first amendment line of defense.)

I never smacked them with it in an isle at WallMart, but I would take their butt to the bathroom and paddle them there. If you are not immediate, or are inconsistent with the discipline, you might as well not do it. You have to be clear that if the whining, tantrum, whatever does not stop NOW, you will go into the bathroom and pop them.

I once had an elderly couple buy my breakfast at Ihop, because of how well I handled the misbehavior of my toddlers...and there-by allowing the people around me peace with their meals.

But, OP- leaving it all to Mom is going to hurt you in the long run.
                              Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Working...
                              X