Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car's getting ugly(er)... leave faded or paint black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car's getting ugly(er)... leave faded or paint black?

I'm not thinking about the whole car, just the hood/roof/trunk. If I did anything it would be black down the middle, front to back.

I don't want to pay to get the car resprayed, but something needs to be done. The roof is getting so bad the fadedness is adding a hue of white to the blue. It looks horrible.

Repaint the OEM color
    Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
    93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
      Repaint the OEM color
      x2 dont do that cheap ass flat black look. its not only cheap looking, but played out

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

^ Flats out, Satan is in. I spayed my CB black and it turned out good and looks good too.

Comment

Maaco, my friend. Maaco. Get it done cheap. It'll look good for at least 2 years (hell, mine is going on 4 and I still like it.)

Otherwise... listen to the wise words of Mr Mick Jagger.

Comment

I've thought about getting a maaco job, but I really don't care enough to spend $3-500 on a paint job for this car. And im not getting it painted the OEM color, nor am I respraying it the color I got it with.

If the ONLY options were to leave it faded or spray it black, what it the lesser of evils?
            Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 09-09-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

you could always sand it down and primer it. it will be fugly looking, but atleast your metal won't rust

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
              DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

But primer absorbs water and therefore promoting rust.

...but do it once, do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                  But primer absorbs water and therefore promoting rust.

...but do it once, do it right.
                  agreed

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
                  DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

mine was done earl schieb. lasted 4 years before it started fading and i never took care of it because it was white. it never got dirty.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'd go with the black if the only other option is to leave it faded.

Honestly, though... I'd shell out the $300-$500 to make it look nice. You'll care more about the car if you do. I know it's not your main vehicle, nor the one you care about most... but it could still look pretty sharp with minimal work.

Comment

Its not my main car, but I do like it alot. I mean shit, its a cb7, I love these cars. Its just that having a shitty paint job is such a relief. When I had my coupe, I was always so worried about dings and scratches. I give it all the love it deserves maintainance-wise, but the exterior is one aspect I've left alone.

If I did paint, I wouldn't just prime and leave it. I would sand down the faded paint, prime, top coat and clear.

Comment

Actually i wouldn't trying roller painting my car's roof with rustolium and some mineral spirits. I've seen where people have done an awesome job on painting the whole car for dirt cheap.

Comment

Well if you're going to spray it black, atleast use a nice gloss or metallic black.

You can easily rattle can your entire car for around $100 and have it look pretty good if you take the time to prep it properly and spray 1 panel at a time.

Comment

Macco $300 or like 200-250 your self after buying a sprayer and all the crap.
                              Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                              93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Working...
                              X