No announcement yet.

EXT: S2000 antenna install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imma do another write-up on this....i think this one is great, but a little lack-luster in means of where to find some parts...i was just gonna order the kit from the dude, but he said he doesn't do them anymore...maybe i can get this done today or tomorrow and get a new how-to up soon!
    JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

lol...you don't understand the problems until you get in there to get it taken care of....there's a lowe's here(largest in the united states)..built the largest here, which is in northeast ga i guess cause if they screwed it up it wouldn't be noticed as much....lol, anyways, went there, and they had all i needed, but in all the wrong sizes, lol...only standard sizes too, no metric...i got the rca plug at radio shack for 3.20 after tax (7% here in GA)...i had most of the rest in hand till i remembered a post on here about the antenna being metric, so when i went to fit it together, didn't work!!! so does home depot carry what i need? am i gonna have to get one of you to get me the threaded rod and coulpers??? i shall update!!!
      JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

cool, pics don't work.

Comment

alot of info posted here just the step by step pics don't work...little red x's

Eric
          www.myspace.com/cb7tuner06

Painted but still "Under Construction"

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...QQcmdZViewItem

just figured i'd post it, if anybody wanted one but didn't know where to pick one up at.

Comment

No ebay links!
              Coming soon....

Comment

@#$#!@@!#!@ pics dont work
                cccheaaaa
                Accord Nation

92 accord sold, 91 accord ex-r still alive
                240sx for that dorifto action comming soon

Comment

Well im going to attempt to use the upper portions of the s2k and the lower parts of the oem antenna. See if this works if not its off to lowes!

Comment

the S2000 antenna wa hard to find and was costly, so i went with my friend and bought a 350Z antenna and put it on my car. It doesnt look that bad.

Comment

Ok im deff stuck. I got the nut and washer from the old and new setup. The hollow metal shaft from the old antenna that is used in place of the pvc..its like 4-5 inches long and an inch wide with a 4-5 degree cut. The whole antenna assembly and i guess thats it. What i can figure out is how to assemble it to fit it through the hole where the old one was. I read the DIY 100times and played with it a bunch but i unfortunatly need pics so if anyone can kind of do a quick write up with some pics id appreciate it. Even if you send it in a pm or something to me so as not to add to this thread or itll do. Ok well thanks in advance.

Comment

Nevrmd i finally figured it out and it come out pimp style so im going to try and knock out a new DIY on this this weekend with good pics that will stay for as long as yall keep the thread open. Hopefully i get time to do it!

Comment

got my antenna today but dont know if its an actual s2k antenna lol
                          cccheaaaa
                          Accord Nation

Comment

http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=859
                            cccheaaaa
                            Accord Nation

Comment

Originally posted by tinted_ride66
                              ok ill check it out....thx for the reply

where can you get that male connector?
                              you can pick up the male connectors at best buy install bays, at least the one i work at, along with 12" extension, 144" extension, female to female... all for less than 15 bucks (again at the one i work at). i dunno if anyone still needs them but thats a spot... and also never crimp antenna wires, always solder them.

and in regards to someones statement before, if a wire is pinched ina door or the protective cover has been stripped back, its called grounding out or a short. crimping is a what you do with butt connectors or crimp caps, its something done to connect wires together without solder.... just a fyi not trying to be a dick. hope i helped someone

Member Ride Facebook
                              XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                              For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X