No announcement yet.

EXT: Si-T Bumper lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you don't need heat really, but i'd imagine that it does help. i've seperated several pairs with just a flathead. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

wow, did you crack any with that method?

Comment

just grabbed 4 sets of these amber reflectors from the junkyard lol.

going to do a little something special with one set :P

Comment

this is so cool you printed this. i bought my 91s from work to do the same thing on my 93s. ebay over $250. for the real thing. thats ok i do my own lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
            just grabbed 4 sets of these amber reflectors from the junkyard lol.

going to do a little something special with one set :P
            hmmm im interested and this is a nice little DIY nic
            Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
            Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
            JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

i was messing around with these deflectors at a junkyard this week. the 90-93 ITR clear inserts fit almost perfectly into 90-91 bumper lights. the only discrepancy is ~1/16th of an inch of space on the top and bottom. this could be taken care of with a small piece of plexiglass, or nothing at all - the space is so minimal that it isn't even seen when covered up.

vigor bumper light inserts have two sets of deflectors: clear, then amber, followed by a metal housing for the bulb. if you take the amber piece out, you'll notice that it curves in a semicircle. any sort of film or malliable plastic can be thrown overtop of it, and sandwiched into the clear/metal housings. this is a nice solution for anyone looking for a different color to deflect in their bumper lights. the vigor deflectors are close to 1/8th of an inch too short to fit snug in CB bumper light housing. you'll need something to fill up the space. again, however, once put back together in the housing, you can't even tell.
              My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

i got many pairs of 89-91 civic amber reflectors and they're all a quarter inch too small.

90-91 accord is too big and it bulges.

I found some reflectors that fit perfectly also with the 1/16th gap but am unsure where they came from.

I'm 1/2 way done!

:P

Comment

dope.

Comment

finished, just letting them dry

I didnt bake them like in the diy because I didnt want to try to pry them apart and risk cracking the lenses. I took the advice of lummiecb7(johnny) and just dremeled out the edges and it worked fine.

Comment

pics please
                      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

finished, just letting them dry

I didnt bake them like in the diy because I didnt want to try to pry them apart and risk cracking the lenses. I took the advice of lummiecb7(johnny) and just dremeled out the edges and it worked fine.
                        Good to here man, Write it out and pm it to me or TypeG, we will add that method to the first post.

Comment

nothing to it, just dremel the edges. pics coming in 30 mins--i'm eating.

my SMOKED diy Si-T bumper lenses :]

updated pic of an old one I took
                          Last edited by ikayto; 01-18-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

my SMOKED diy Si-T bumper lenses :]
                            sneaky

i was going to do this as well, but to 90-91 bumper lights and vigor deflectors - like i mentioned above.

looks great!
                            My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

this is what i'm going to do after Chinese New Year...!!!!

now i'm waiting for my clear bumper lens from my bro-in-law.
                              -My Member Ride thread-
                              -JL store-

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                                Nice job! I thought about this kind of setup but didn't want to buy some 9091 parts to make it.

OEM 9293 does NOT have any of the diffuser/reflector plates, at least, mine didn't.
                                my oem bumper lights do.

Saw them when I took out my bulb and looked inside.

Couldnt figure out if they were clear or amber.

Comment

Working...
                                X