No announcement yet.

EXT: The Rust Removal DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I will be trying this sometime this summer on one of my more ambitious feelign days....awesome job, the pics are invaluable to anyone who is into doing things themself...thanks again, I'm more and more impressed with this site the more I poke around

Brett

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel for all you midwest and east coast guys. Rust is a mofo. Trust me I know.
      "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

I want to do this but i dont know where i would get a color likr this http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=6991

Comment

I want to do this but i dont know where i would get a color likr this http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=6991

Comment

dayyyum!

Yea when I bought mine, I had a 6" wide hole in 'the spot' on the drivers side. I had a tech school do mine. Not great, but it works for $120. A body shop quoted me $2500. It came back with the bumper screwed on. With a wood screw. Still working on fixing that. Awesome DYI, man. I wish I had found it before I went to the tech school.
            1 3 5
            |-|-|
            2 4 R

[ [ - ] ] ( ( ) ) [ [ \ ] ] [ [ ) ) / / - \ \

Comment

damn pretty good man i like but yeah i was wondering because i have this little ass rust spot between the window and the weather stripping its real small about the size of of this '*' so i was wondering what can i do in order to prevent any occuring problems since its a a very small problem i would like the feed back so thanks.

Comment

yup again that is a kick ass write up ATX you've inspired me to do this myself heh check the pic below(kinda small sorry) yea i got that to do and the fender well to do on both sides
                but it is all right i will tackle this DIY when i have time.

COLBALT CB7 2NER
                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

yo steve that white paint. was it just any frost white duply colur or did it have ur car colour code????
                  are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Bump for a good diy.

Comment

one question do u put that black trim molding that lines your fender back on or not?

Aftermath of crash.

Comment

just to let your guys know...im painting my bumper moldings white so i can have to whole car white and i found that Krylon white matches my car very nicely.

i bought some of the frost white shown in this DIY and the color is too creamy for the color matching.

plus, the can is one of those (BONES!!! 25% MORE!!!!) and costs the same as the duplicolor shit AND dries in 12 minutes...i might post up pics, right now, im painting my mudguards.

just to let you guys with frost white know...
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                          yo steve that white paint. was it just any frost white duply colur or did it have ur car colour code????
                          it was duplicolor paint.. but it did have my color code.

Originally posted by abdulmo86
                          one question do u put that black trim molding that lines your fender back on or not?
                          yeah i put that back on.. i used some strong adhesive stuff.. forgot what it was called.. maybe it was jb weld.

Comment

where did you get duplicolor paint with your paint code???
                            The Car

Comment

yeah thats what i am goin to have to do because i tried your way (yours looks good ) but my friend and i are goin to have to weld some parts of the quarter panels.

Comment

Almost a year since DIY was made. To thread maker, how is it holding up? Has the rust started to bubble up?

Comment

Working...
                                X