No announcement yet.

EXT: Front Lip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think i might try the sides and rear, maybe next week if i can get to the store

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

damn he has one of those gaming-chair-sitty-rocking on the floor thingys. wonder why my girlfriend wont let me have one? Godspeed.

Comment

Looks nice. I'll have to try this.
        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

doing this to the rear lip tomorrow, ill take a bunch of pis :P

going to do them with my rear mud guards on, i like my mud guards, but if it comes down to it, ill take em off to put the rear on.

Comment

Now thats unique bro...nice !!!!!!!!!
            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
            ....................My New Baby
            SOLD TO
            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

finally got a chance to do the rear

spray painted it flat black also

my DIY of rear lip ;p

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70375

Comment

did my DYI for the front lip today.mad props for DYI it looks better then I thought it would . thanks
                From stock to not

Comment

do the rear lip now ;p

Comment

held the bottom to the side and it just jutts out from the side. im not goin to do it

Comment

it juts out from the side?

as in flares out too much or it'd just move when drilling?

Comment

i will get my cb in the air tommorrow and take a pic of what i mean

Comment

I think I'm going to use this diy on my civic because they don't makes front lips for anything but the crx's and si modles.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
                            For those of us/you with the lx or dx models or those who have lost their lip due to whatever circumstance and that are having a hard time locating a new one or an aftermarket one, heres a quick, cheap fix that most people wont be able to tell isnt stock.
                            Materials needed
                            Garage Door Bottom Seal(Available at Home Depot, Lowes, etc) $7.97 Get the kind that is kind of bent alread, as there is a completely flat and thinner version available, but it doesnt have the bend to it that you need.
                            Screws, i used sheet metal screws
                            Drill
                            Blood, sweat, tears
                            Box cutter

Here is a picture of the garage door bottom

its rubber, its incredibly flexible, and its not going to break if you hit a speed bump with it.
                            here is me flexing it

alright, that being shown/said, lets start this diy

1)Acquire all the materials needed
                            2)Starting on the passenger side of the bumper near the wheel well, place the new lip material(read garage door bottom seal) up under the bumper where the lip is supposed to be.
                            3) Using sheet metal screws start to secure the new lip into place.
                            ******Do not screw the screws in too far, as it will go through the new lip, and wont hold it in place, but do screw them in far enough to make it hold and be snug, youre going to put a lot of screws in it, so dont worry about it coming off********
                            4)As you move around the bumper youll come into curves and such, just use as many screws as necessary to position the new lip into place, and dont worry, the stuff is incredibly flexible.
                            5)Once you have secured it and gone all the way around the bumper, youll eventually make it to the other side and be at the end of your bumper, this is where your box cutter comes in handy. Cut off the excess lip material and voila, you have a new custom lip, and youre only out less than 10 bucks, and 10 minutes of your time.
                            Please Note:A couple of members have contacted me about how it helps to use washers when securing the lip onto the car. While i have had no problems personally(i used 9000 screws) if you feel as if you might be want extra security with yours, i reccommend using the washers to secure it in place even better.

You should end up with a finished product that resembles a 90-91 front lip or an se lip. Before anyone calls this ghetto, keep in mind that before i told people what it was, most people thought it was just a stock lip.
                            Word.
                            Finished Product

I give you props on that....looks ALMOST like OEM! ..."ALMOST"

Comment

well, i tried a new diy lip today that involved mounting an ex lip upside down, then attaching it to the bumper and then attaching the diy lip to it, so as to hide my fmic. im not completely happy with it, as it comes up just a little in the middle, but for the most part, it works for now, and for less than 30 bucks, it works for me, at least until i can convince myself i should spend 100 for a new lip.
                              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

it doesnt look half bad ;p

do the rear like me now :P

Comment

Working...
                                X