No announcement yet.

EXT: S2000 antenna install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, I am going in a little bit to get my parts..think ace will carry the parts? They are a lot closer, but home depot is on the way..sort of...to the honda dealership. I think I got all the parts I need..5 nuts, antenna, thread stick thingy, pvc pipe (I am guessing 1 inch) washer bigger then the pipe ti act as a base, coupler, smaller washer for the antenna, and an antenna adapter from the back of a deck, but cut one end off, and replace with that yellow thing..sound good?

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

ok, no one had a coupler! I got the antenna, and found out it is metric( duh) size: M5-.80mm. I went to find a coupler, since that is the hardest part to find, and no one had one! not home depot, not ace, not radio shack, not menards..I even checked target! ARG!!!

-A. Swift
      CB7 member number 137

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Whoa im lost what kit are you talking about?
        -Josh

1996 Accord EX Coupe 5-speed

Comment

chris, thanks for the kit..I jsut installed it today..It makes my car look sexxxy as hell...

This is for the conversion kit you will need to get rid of that stupid motor/mast assembly, and replace it all with the s2k antenna. The kit comes with teh coupler, nuts, washer, cut pvc pipe, and everything you need to make this happen..EXCEPT the antenna. Get the antenna at your honda dealer for about 20 bux, and call it a day..You won't regret this kit..

-A. Swift
          CB7 member number 137

Comment

Wow.....I swear I told you the same thing about 2 times.

Comment

lol, yeah, After not being able to find my coupler, I decided screw it, and I caved..

-A. Swift
              CB7 member number 137

Comment

BUMP...The guy who pieces together the kits isn't responding to emails...Does anyone have an extra kit laying around they'd like to sell?

Or! Anyone know how the F you make the cable antenna part, and does that male connector simply snap into the pre-existing connector in the trunk?

Thanks...
                My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Since I am the pioneer of the S2k accord install-- I will take some pictures and try to help later today.

Comment

nice write up!
                    JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

I think im gonna have to try this myself. It cant be that hard to make everything thats in the kit.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfreddio55
                        I think im gonna have to try this myself. It cant be that hard to make everything thats in the kit.
                        I can't seem to piece everything together, the cable wire thing has proven annoying for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                          I can't seem to piece everything together, the cable wire thing has proven annoying for me.
                          Im not even 100% sure its even necessary. I'll have to take a look tommorow, but im not even sure if our cars antenna has the male or female end? That kit isnt for our car directly, so it could be wrong. I'll let you know tommorow. Since theres already a cable there, I think all you'd need is some copper wire or something spliced to the stock antenna wire. Then that would attach to the antenna. Works the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfreddio55
                            Im not even 100% sure its even necessary. I'll have to take a look tommorow, but im not even sure if our cars antenna has the male or female end? That kit isnt for our car directly, so it could be wrong. I'll let you know tommorow. Since theres already a cable there, I think all you'd need is some copper wire or something spliced to the stock antenna wire. Then that would attach to the antenna. Works the same way.
                            Thanks! Much appreciated, keep us informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty1638
                              ok, no one had a coupler! I got the antenna, and found out it is metric( duh) size: M5-.80mm. I went to find a coupler, since that is the hardest part to find, and no one had one! not home depot, not ace, not radio shack, not menards..I even checked target! ARG!!!

-A. Swift
                              The coupler might be an issue for me too, this guy who sells the kits doesn't want my 20 bucks! I'd be happy to send it to him, but he doesn't respond to emails. Anyone have any idea where to buy the coupler to connect the antenna to the threaded rod?

BTW, does anyone know hot to safelt remove the antenna? Is there a special tool to remove it (outside of car)?

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                                BUMP...The guy who pieces together the kits isn't responding to emails...Does anyone have an extra kit laying around they'd like to sell?

Or! Anyone know how the F you make the cable antenna part, and does that male connector simply snap into the pre-existing connector in the trunk?

Thanks...
                                I don't for the first question but for the second one I will answer:

When I installed mine the pice that plugged into the cable (antenna receptor ?) looks like a rca jack, I would try a radio shack or a electronic store...they should carry that and I will try for some pictures of mine to give you a better view of what we're dealing with.
                                No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

Working...
                                X