CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 05-02-2017, 11:40 PM   #1
TheSnigg
CB7tuner Member

TheSnigg is cool... so far.
Ultimate NA build: From Honda-tech

This may have been posted already since it has been floating around for a while. But I was speaking with another member and remembered I came accross this. I figured I would post this as inspiration/information for those wanting to go NA. It gives a prettygood breakdown of what is needed to get as close to 300hp as possible!!!!

Honda-tech:
KingMotorsports H23 Vtec ALL motor 282 WHP 196 WTQ!!!!!!

Kingmotorsports blueprinted and balanced bottom end.
12.8:1 compression race gas for a race car
Wiseco pistons
Crower rods
Kingmotorsports ported head and competition valve job
Skunk 2 Pro 3's
Skunk 2 Pro series Intake manifold
Skunk 2 Pro series 68mm Throttle body
AEM cam gears
Custom header
Crower Cro-moly retainers
Supertech valve springs
Hondata intake gasket
Hondata S300

Full thread:
https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-mo...6-wtq-2208596/
TheSnigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:11 AM   #2
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Nearly all of that is in the cams and header. Those cams are not what I would want to drive around town with, by any means.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:21 AM   #3
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Indeed. From what I've heard, talking to a few people that have done it, about 250whp is about as much as you'd want from an H22A intended for the street. An H23A might be able to do a little more, perhaps.
That build with lower compression and a milder set of cams would probably give right around 250whp. That would be fun in a CB7.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:41 AM   #4
TheSnigg
CB7tuner Member

TheSnigg is cool... so far.
No doubt. Whoever this was went all out. They specified in the thread that it is not a street car. Purely race,and a race fuel tune, I just figured I would post that to show what the max for an NA could be.
TheSnigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:17 AM   #5
domesticated
CB7tuner Member

domesticated seems to have made some friends!
Well it's not going all out. The only thing custom in this build is the head, which could be their typical head work and not specific to these parts, and the exhaust. There are a lot more gains to be made with a custom intake and cams. But if you have a wallet and want power this is the easiest path.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #6
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
I believe Bisimoto's race "f22a" (loosely) was making well over 400hp last I saw.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:44 AM   #7
Joey GT-R
Super Moderator

Joey GT-R has a HUGE cock! Joey GT-R has a HUGE cock! Joey GT-R has a HUGE cock! Joey GT-R has a HUGE cock!
Send a message via AIM to Joey GT-R Send a message via MSN to Joey GT-R Send a message via Yahoo to Joey GT-R
I'm very much disappointed to see an H23A make so little in torque, but I place that error on the tuner, probably shooting for 300whp for "wow factor" and not so much what may actually win on the strip.

Forgive me for being ignorant, but why not at least a 70mm throttle body for that build since it's almost exclusively top end, and for that matter why not ITBs, oversized valves anyone?

I would have also like to have seen the bore go to about 88-89mm. If it truly is a "race build" why stop at 12.8? I believe Wiseco is making slugs that push 14.0 if not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote
If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Last edited by Joey GT-R; 05-16-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Joey GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #8
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey GT-R View Post
I'm very much disappointed to see an H23A make so little in torque, but I place that error on the tuner, probably shooting for 300whp for "wow factor" and not so much what may actually win on the strip.

Forgive me for being ignorant, but why not at least a 70mm throttle body for that build since it's almost exclusively top end, and for that matter why not ITBs, oversized valves anyone?

I would have also like to have seen the bore go to about 88-89mm. If it truly is a "race build" why stop at 12.8? I believe Wiseco is making slugs that push 14.0 if not more.
I understand your disappointment. Here is an H23VTEC making 266 whp 192 wtq.

Mods:
Stock Bottom End H23V
Lightly Done RLZ head
ASP Header
Rosko Upper
E85

Old 05-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #9
SOHC-FTW
CB7tuner Member

SOHC-FTW seems to have made some friends!
It's hard to beat Howard at rlz if you can get an appointment.

02 Crv
02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.
SOHC-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #10
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
The 68mm TB caught my eye too, but then I remembered that the Skunk2 intake manifold is 66mm-ish. So they would have to bore out the intake manifold to take a 70mm TB. And I'm assuming after that there would be another bottleneck (valves, etc.). Not sure what's up with the low torque numbers......
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
honda-tech , king motorsports , n/a

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: