No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the internals of the old one are still good, the inner seal can be replaced.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      If the internals of the old one are still good, the inner seal can be replaced.
      That's what I'm doing. I don't have time to do the seal then reinstall. Going to run remaned dizzy until I have the opportunity to replace the seal one day while at work next week. The cost of the remaned dizzy is well worth having a spare. Even if it's a shitty remaned spare. Which about all of them are.

2016-12-02_09-47-19

Comment

It came time to put front pads on this. I put the Wagner Thermoquiet pads on it I bought some months back. On Tuesday the passenger side front pads starting making noise. Close to home luckily. The rotors were not bad. Technically they should be turned or replaced but... captive rotors. I gave instructions while my GF did the work Wednesday since I couldn't do anything before having my hernia fixed Thursday. Took us an hour which wasn't bad. Car stops much better.

Old pads.

New pads installed.

I found out the passenger side outer tie rod end has play in it. Just bought a new one for the left and the right. Moog ES3153, and ES3154 from RockAuto. Figured I'd replace them both while I'm there.

Car will need aligned after replacing the outer tie rod ends but... before that can be done I also found that the passenger side coil spring is broke. I'm going to purchase two cheap strut assemblies off RockAuto and throw them in there before I can have it aligned.

Comment

Got the Moog outer tie rod ends. Now, to seal the deal on the front end, all I need are new strut assemblies and an alignment.

Comment

Comment

Putting the passenger side outer tie rod end in today. Hopefully I don't get the toe off too much. The good thing is the front snow tires already need replacement which I plan to do in the next few months so if they chew up a little it won't bother me much. The main thing is that the car is safe. Toe a little out? Not right, but safe. Tie rod end wobbling around? Not safe.

I'm also going to replace the passenger side sway bar end link and sway bar to frame bushing. Both are ok but I have new in the box quality replacements so I'm going to put them to good use.

I'm also going to do a drain and fill on the automatic transmission. I have 4 quarts so that'll be plenty.

I'm going to replace the driver side engine mount as well. Piece of cake and I have a new Anchor mount in the box waiting to go on.

I still need new struts and springs up front. Which will cost me about $100. I'm going to try and wait a couple weeks at least before I bite that bullet. I've spent a lot on car parts recently so I'm going to try and stick to what I have already.

Last night I purchased some new parts. Beck/Arnley dizzy cap, rotor and a MANN oil filter. It's almost time for an oil change so I figured I'd get ready.

And, I still haven't set the ignition timing on the new dizzy yet. I know, shame on me. I don't have a timing light anymore and I wanted to buy a good one. I wanted a digital Innova with timing adjustment but I got the Innova 3551 Inductive Timing light instead because penny pinching. It's got a xenon light, don't know what this means but apparently it's a good thing. Which is cool. The 3551 goes for about $45. I found mine on sale online for $30. So that's cool.

Comment

Sometimes maintenance sucks but it's cool to see a car kind of come back to life. Lots of good work man.

Comment

Thanks Mike, yeah, this thing runs and drives pretty well. It's a shame the body is gone behind the rear quarter panels. However, it only has 183k on the clock and seems to have a lot of life left in it so I'm sure it will pay me back in longevity. One day it might be good for someone who has a good shell to swap everything over to.

Comment

Ok well, after only 2 hours of work I completely what I set out to do minus the sway bar end link and sway bar to frame bushings without this thing being a pain.

Driver side motor mount replacement. The front torque mount is broken. Just found out today. I'll replace it soon. Being and auto, I'm not worried about it damaging the new mount in put it. It's not that bad by any means. The shake from P to R and R to D4 is a little smoother.

Changed two quarts of trans fluid out. Thought I'd get three but only got two. That's ok though. I have the two quarts left to do a drain and fill again soon. Magnet was fairly dirty. Wiped it off really really well. Transmission fluid was fairly dark. Glad I did a drain and fill.

The passenger side outer tie rod wasn't bad. Had a minute or two of trouble with the stake nut but nothing to bicker about. The tie rod was original OE equipment. Now about 25 years old. Kinda neat. Good stuff.

I didn't replace the sway bar bushings because they aren't bad and I didn't feel like doing it.
                    Last edited by H311RA151N; 02-07-2017, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Ready to set the ignition timing on this thing now. Wasn't real excited about this timing light until I received it. Pretty decent, I'm impressed. I'll see how well it's going to work on Friday. I'm also expecting the new distributor cap and rotor to arrive on Friday as well so it should all work out decently.

Comment

Rock Auto order arrived. Now I can set the ignition timing properly and set it up with a new quality cap and rotor too. Will change the oil soon as well. But it's not yet a priority.

Comment

not knocking on BA at all but should of went with oem honda cap and rotor from Majestic. I learned my lesson, my Toyota gets oem Toyota ignition stuff and my Hondas get Oem Honda ignition parts.
                          [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

This thing isn't worth the money honestly. The back half of this car is rotted well beyond the point of saving. I do just enough to keep this thing on the road.

My plans for this are to spend as little money as possible until the timing belt breaks or the transmission goes out. Then I may get in contact with a member not far from me, if they are still there and see if they want it. They bought my 93 Lx for a little more than scrap price.

After my Talon, it's hard to be pleased with a car not AWD and not turbocharged. And if I was after a CB7 to care about this one isn't it.

I paid $26? for the remaned distributor on eBay. And I think I paid $10 for the BA cap and rotor from RockAuto.

Now my Talon and my truck? Those get OEM and high end parts. Saving money on this to put into those.

Comment

183k on the odometer and the diagnostic plug hadn't ever been used.

The rest of the wires seem messed with. Especially that blue wire. I don't really know why. Just noticed it.

Out with the old.

Yep, that's a drywall anchor and a zip tie. I was sick for the whole month of December and dropped two off the bolts. So I used a zip tie and a wall anchor to to hold the distributor cap on. It worked well. I actually forgot about it for a while. I should have taken a picture.

Comment

I bought a DEA front torque mount for this.

Bought an Alltrade 648827 valve adjustment tool. It's long overdue for a valve adjustment. And never having owned a valve adjustment tool I went ahead and picked one up being as it was only $13.00

Also going to do and oil change. Figured why not while I've got the time.

So... a gallon of Valvoline Conventional SAE 10W30.

Comment

Working...
                                X