Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Have $4k budget. 93 lx 4dr auto right now, swap for sure but which one????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is one of your coils going bad? You won't get a CEL for that, but it could be the culprit. Read your spark plugs this will give you a hint of what might be going on. On a cylinder per cylinder basis.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
      Is one of your coils going bad? You won't get a CEL for that, but it could be the culprit. Read your spark plugs this will give you a hint of what might be going on. On a cylinder per cylinder basis.

So I checked each coil 1 at a time and all seem strong shocking the crap out of me while I was pulling them out of the cylinder. I know its not the best test, but the RPM drop test is what I did and when I touched close to the end of the coil, they shocked me good. I feel all four are good to go.

I just changed all 4 spark plugs to NGK Iridium IX Spark plug BKR8EIX from BKR7's and this is what I found.
      The coil for cylinder 1 had white substance at very bottom and 3 had a touch of oil/gas mix but other 2 seemed clean.
      cylinder 1,3,and 4 spark plugs were rusted at base and soaked with gas
      Cylinder 3 had a touch of oil on it also.
      cylinder 2 was only one that seemed normal.
      Some of this I expected because I ran the car around the block a couple times without an o2 sensor while getting exhaust fixed and know for a fact it was super rich.
      I will test drive the car later tonight and report back.

I also will try and upload the pic I took of the coils out and spark plugs.

Thanks for all input and I will report back shortly.

Comment

Its been poring rain everyday so I havent had a chance to test drive the car again or look at it further...

I am gonna pull the injectors one at a time to t-shoot them next. I will listen for pulsing/ticking also.

This sucks overall cause I am SO ready to have this car 100%

On positive notes, I scored rear disc brake setup and a spoiler. I thought I scored an oem front lip but someone got to it before I did. Man those lips are REALLY hard to find??

Comment

What ECU are you running?

I got lost in all the posts but it said you have an F20B??

Maybe the computer is kinda confused because you said you have an open header so the O2 probably isn't reading correctly being as oxygen is now
          more present.

Also, the injectors could be dirty/clogged up from sitting around so long.

Sorry I reread, I see P28 Hondata..with a "basemap" or an actual tune? They are completely different. You would be surprised how far
          off the AFR's & timing can be with a basemap.

Wideband? If so what are the AFRs while idling, part throttle, etc.?
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

It's worth mentioning not to overlook your air filter or fuel filter systems. If the gas has been sitting for any length of time it could have clogged some components up like G. Wiffington suggested.

Another thing, from my own experience, double check the wiring for the injectors and coils to make sure they are at the right location at the ECU. My crx ran like you described and my #2 and #4 injector wires were in the others pin spots. I'm still learning about the cb7 swaps myself, so forgive me if this doesn't apply to your setup.

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
              What ECU are you running?

I got lost in all the posts but it said you have an F20B??

Maybe the computer is kinda confused because you said you have an open header so the O2 probably isn't reading correctly being as oxygen is now
              more present.

Also, the injectors could be dirty/clogged up from sitting around so long.

Sorry I reread, I see P28 Hondata..with a "basemap" or an actual tune? They are completely different. You would be surprised how far
              off the AFR's & timing can be with a basemap.

Wideband? If so what are the AFRs while idling, part throttle, etc.?
              Thanks for the help here!
              I bought AEM wideband and plan to install but I am moving this weekend back to TN so I am unsure if I will have a chance to get it installed before then.
              I just test drove the car around my hood again with my son and it stutters a bit until warmed up and then it seems to run much better. Some of that is expected, but not this bad. I know I need this car tuned. That may in fact be all it really needs but wont know till I can get something setup. I am considering trying to use huntertuned remote tuning option just to get me a successful base map going.

The other main issue I have since this swap is that when I turn to the right (towards passenger side) the car violently shakes and wobbles under load. When accelerating hard, the car shakes and wobbles rough coming from front right passenger side from 1st through 2nd gear, then about mid 3rd gear up to 5th going straight its not as noticeable. My first thought was flat spots on tires or bad tires in general as they were taken from another car that I think sat for awhile. Plus, my car has sat for awhile. Or perhaps bad balancing?
              The suspension is stock/original. I know this needs attention and I planned to overhaul that as well but really dont think thats the issue here. Before swap I didnt have any issues with drivability.

Comment

Originally posted by blazercrx View Post
                It's worth mentioning not to overlook your air filter or fuel filter systems. If the gas has been sitting for any length of time it could have clogged some components up like G. Wiffington suggested.

Another thing, from my own experience, double check the wiring for the injectors and coils to make sure they are at the right location at the ECU. My crx ran like you described and my #2 and #4 injector wires were in the others pin spots. I'm still learning about the cb7 swaps myself, so forgive me if this doesn't apply to your setup.
                Great ideas here and definitely things I have considered. I took the car to gas station last night and filled the tank with the highest octane I could at 93 to hopefully burn any old/bad gas I may have had in the tank. I will replace the fuel filter also. The air filter is pretty new.
                I went threw and checked the wiring for the injectors and they seem correct.
                I got a test light and will diagnose them one at a time further to ensure they are all firing as should.

Thanks for ideas! I am determined to get this car figured out.

Comment

smac did you get these issues squared away? i have a cb9/f22a6 looking to swap f20b as well, and would like to know more about this swap before i get into it. I'm also considering rebuilding my f22a6 as an option if F20b is troublesome.

*edit*
                  i jumped the gun by reading the last couple of pages first. i just read all 8 pages, and DEF sticking with my f22a6 and rebuilding it.
                  Last edited by FrostyCB9; 06-17-2021, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X