Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H23 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhat good news i suppose. Head and block look great. from what i can see only two valves look out of place and the pistons/walls have been untouched at all. Looks brand new.
    I seriously think it was a refreshed motor job, left cams stock on.
    it was an AUTO Car (not really a racey type thing to do.) and the cams just so happened to break like that causing them to junk it.
    Seems like from here i need to get the valves out to check if those are bent or not (do i? those seem difficult.)
    Thanks!

https://ibb.co/q7bGnpx
    https://ibb.co/GxzpJvm (TOP right is for the 'out of place' valves)
    Last edited by CbNewbie; 09-08-2019, 01:15 AM. Reason: Links

Comment

I’m wondering what caused the cam to break in the first place. Mismatched cam caps?
      Be sure you don’t run into the same issue again.

Comment

Looks like two of the caps were too tight, as they are a little blackend. guessing timing belt just ripped gear apart.
        Oh well, new valves are in. Sealing everything up, going to swap and daily for about a month to get it going. More then likely piecing up a mid-ranged kit to boost at around 7psi. Everything on this block has been touched up so I definitely have no trust issues with this motor.

Comment

If you expect to boost, you’re going to want to replace those pistons. Even low boost applications are likely to break ring lands in a very short period of time. Then your FRM sleeves WILL be damaged.

Comment

Ah, I see. Then I shall go the other route I thought of. Intake/exhaust/possibly a tune

Comment

Well, Motors in, hooked up. NO Spark :/. I may have not gotten all the grounds hooked up. I know i need the mains, ECU Ground (?), Battery (Got it), Trans (Yep), VC (Yessir). Are there any more that I may be missing that wouldn't allow it to spark? Thanks!
              (Distributor is NEW.)

Comment

Thermostat housing ground. Which is one of the main grounds for the ecu if I remember correctly. Will cause all kinds off issues, if it's not hooked up.
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Okay, as far as that one goes the very bottom bolt on that broke the head off, am i able to connect it to any of the other two bolts? If so, i did it and it still gave no spark. I'm considering a new distributor (In last post i meant new as in new for the car, it was a junkyard one so it could be bad. would go to autostore to buy a new, new one.) but I'd also like to figure it out.
                  Took a multi-meter to the grounds (i suppose i did it wrong/right) touching positive terminal and i got a full reading on all the grounds. 12v(ish.).
                  Its probably something easy/stupid but I've never done something like this before so i'm pretty stuck. Any ideas would help, and I've got a mechanically inclined friend coming to help out tomorrow. Hoping to get it running soon
                  Last edited by CbNewbie; 09-18-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I always refer people to ericthecarguy on YouTube. He has a great video on how to troubleshoot no start and it’s even on a Honda. Hopefully you figured it out, if not let us know
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

So what broke? The camshaft or cam gear?

How are you verifying there is no spark?

Is there no sound at all when trying to crank it?

Does the fuel pump prime?

Any Check Engine Lights??
                      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                      X