Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Megan Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your on a budget like me but worried about safety quality of your suspension maybe you should sacrifice ride height and just go with oem then. Otherwise your gonna have to either cash out or skimp out

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Still, Megan racing and yonaka are probably higher on the quality list than the true garbage, such as emusa or raceland

Oh, Deev. You have no idea how bad it's gotten out there. The fact that Racelands have a name on their product give them a leg up on what people are suggesting to each other on the Facebook page. It's downright scary.
      Last edited by Jarrett; 02-17-2018, 10:16 PM.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        Oh, Deev. You have no idea how bad it's gotten out there. The fact that Racelands have a name on their product give them a leg up on what people are suggesting to each other on the Facebook page. It's downright scary.
        this. some people in that group are idiots.

on the other hand, i found some full body tein coilovers in the junkyard in like new condition. they ride reallllly good. i think those are only ~500 new for a set. good deal for real parts.
        Last edited by Jarrett; 02-17-2018, 10:16 PM.
        COUPE K24

Comment

What group? Ever since I locked down the awful one bearing this site’s name, I haven’t seen the nonsense. The new official group is as mature as this forum, which is nice!

Comment

The "cb7 accords" page. It's so septic there.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I think that might be the one that was intentionally started as an attempt to insult and disrespect cb7tuner. Probably why I’m not a member of that one...

Comment

are these the ones you guys are talking about? What would be a desirable spring rate?

Comment

Yes, those are the ground control sleeves mentioned. Research spring rates and see what best suits your needs. As long as the rate is appropriate for the shock valving, you have options. Softer is more comfortable, stiffer offers better control (to a point.). Too stiff can be dangerous on public roads.

Comment

I have the Koni Yellows & Ground Control Sleeves on my Civic & it is pretty comfortable. I really like the setup & always wondered how it felt because I always saw people talking about that combo.

But I honestly like the setup I have on my CB even more which is the Koni STR.T with Tein H. Tech Springs. It is very comfortable & smooth. Also, very responsive through turns & quick maneuvers. My GC sleeves seem pretty stiff compared to the Teins.

I would recommend either setups though!
                    Keep Pushing..

Comment

The Koni/Tein pairing is probably best for a daily driver that won’t be doing any real racing. Since that’s probably 90&#37; of the people here, that’s definitely a good option.
                      I think the only complaint from most is that it wouldn’t be low enough. I think it’s a perfect height, but many want a drop of 2”+. That goes beyond the recommended limits of the STR.T.

Comment

Yes exactly. Nowhere near low as other people would probably like.

I was curious about that company "Gecko". I saw that one member on here posting about that company & the other day I was on Instagran & saw some random person with a CB7 posting pictures of those Gecko Coilovers.

Where the hell did that company come from? I have never heard of them until someone posted on here. I would guess some lower quality like TruHart maybe?
                        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Probably, though the guy that got them said he thinks they’re decent.
                          I personally wouldn’t trust components that aren’t made by a legitimate suspension company that engineers, manufactures, and tests their own products. Many of the lesser components are just rebadged cheap Chinese knockoff parts. Quality, materials, and performance can be greatly suspect, and it can vary considerably between batches.

Comment

the vast majority of people recommending no name companies online have never used anything else. They're used to terrible handling and a stiff ride and just think it's a "race car" because it's stiff.

Coilovers shouldn't rust or blow out in 10k miles or rattle your teeth out, but knockoff shit does. These companies use the same damper/spring combo for everything, never taking time to do the correct calculations and engineering required to safely and properly design a suspension setup. The cost of the good ones comes from this legwork, not the manufacturing. Since the knockoffs don't do the design, they only have to charge for manufacturing, which is why they're so cheap. The quality control is so terrible, they get lucky if all 4 springrates match each other and one oddball didn't make it into the box.

Buy from a company that has actual history, that sponsors race cars, and that does the actual engineering work.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                              the vast majority of people recommending no name companies online have never used anything else. They're used to terrible handling and a stiff ride and just think it's a "race car" because it's stiff.

Coilovers shouldn't rust or blow out in 10k miles or rattle your teeth out, but knockoff shit does. These companies use the same damper/spring combo for everything, never taking time to do the correct calculations and engineering required to safely and properly design a suspension setup. The cost of the good ones comes from this legwork, not the manufacturing. Since the knockoffs don't do the design, they only have to charge for manufacturing, which is why they're so cheap. The quality control is so terrible, they get lucky if all 4 springrates match each other and one oddball didn't make it into the box.

Buy from a company that has actual history, that sponsors race cars, and that does the actual engineering work.
                              Just be sure that companies sporting logos used on legitimate race cars are actually the companies that were behind those logos.

For example, D2. The purveyor of knockoff performance garbage is not the same company that sponsored highly successful Mercedes Benz DTM race cars. The logo is the same. Because shady.

Comment

Working...
                              X